User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not going to bash anybody, but this entire thing is about control. Yes some guys got a little out of control and got band. So be it .

But the other night was just a knee jerk reaction to a some guys having a few laughs. This didn't happen out in the big public mess of GD where it caused a giant uproar. It happened in a thread burried in here.

This was all about getting the chance to put down the hammer
View Quote

It occured to me staff should just let Dan back in with no access to GD, just the tech forums where he is valuable, and CTHTF where he has consistently been helpful with navigating CT regs, tech, member connections, and range info.
He just learns more every time he's punched out. Take away the motivation and he'd be a good member. And they'd be able to contain and control him. And others would probably stop acting up.

Just limit his access to his areas of expertise.

It's been done for others like CWG.
Btw I'm an older guy, not a snotty youngin, I understand how order is valuable to an organizations success.

Woooooot page 7 ownage!! Beer bongs on me!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
W
Quoted:

It occured to me staff should just let Dan back in with no access to GD, just the tech forums where he is valuable, and CTHTF where he has consistently been helpful with navigating CT regs, tech, member connections, and range info.
He just learns more every time he's punched out. Take away the motivation and he'd be a good member. And they'd be able to contain and control him. And others would probably stop acting up.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to bash anybody, but this entire thing is about control. Yes some guys got a little out of control and got band. So be it .

But the other night was just a knee jerk reaction to a some guys having a few laughs. This didn't happen out in the big public mess of GD where it caused a giant uproar. It happened in a thread burried in here.

I agree. Im not Dan groupie , but he is the heart of this Forum . Everyone likes when he is here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

While there have been some changes to the rules over the years, the current problems are not do to any new rules. What has been happening in this HTF has happened several times in various HTFs over the years. You guys aren't the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

When it comes to these types of problems, we leave the Moderator out of it. We know the tough spot HTF Mods are in (especially when they're friends in real life with members), so we deal with the problems ourselves.

View Quote

So the site staff scour the hometown forums from time to time, because there's a sentiment that the moderators assigned to those forums might be letting things slide more often than they're supposed to, because they've become friendly with the bunch of guys there, who all get along fairly well, aside from the occasional desire to rib one another.

I dunno'... Sound like a family to me.

A family being antagonized by authority figures.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROFLMAO
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome back Toady
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:36:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you really think we enjoy having to do this kind of thing?

While we are Staff here, we all started off as members. We come here to enjoy the site, and get no joy from having to babysit a bunch of supposed adults on a website. What has transpired is the direct result of the actions of a hand full of members.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you really think we enjoy having to do this kind of thing?

While we are Staff here, we all started off as members. We come here to enjoy the site, and get no joy from having to babysit a bunch of supposed adults on a website. What has transpired is the direct result of the actions of a hand full of members.

I absolutely think some of you do.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:32:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, we are here because some of your compatriots couldn't/won't behave themselves.

Plus, the like to leave the groping to Site Staff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While there have been some changes to the rules over the years, the current problems are not do to any new rules. What has been happening in this HTF has happened several times in various HTFs over the years. You guys aren't the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last.

When it comes to these types of problems, we leave the Moderator out of it. We know the tough spot HTF Mods are in (especially when they're friends in real life with members), so we deal with the problems ourselves.

So the site staff scour the hometown forums from time to time, because there's a sentiment that the moderators assigned to those forums might be letting things slide more often than they're supposed to, because they've become friendly with the bunch of guys there, who all get along fairly well, aside from the occasional desire to rib one another.

https://i.imgur.com/kR3La.jpg

No, we are here because some of your compatriots couldn't/won't behave themselves.

forgetting Dan, what did those guys really do that broke site rules?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/kR3La.jpg

They'd challenged NorCals internet persona.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Reason:
"Cheerleading for/colluding with banned member DanTSX.  Staff is over the disruption. Further incidents will result in your removal."

Edit: I will be good going forward.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Reason:
"Cheerleading for/colluding with banned member DanTSX.  Staff is over the disruption. Further incidents will result in your removal."

View Quote

pathetic
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh my God.

Ever read/see "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"?

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top