Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
hi
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
CTHTF ACCOUNTS MATTER!

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
What them hell happened last night? All I did was have some wine , pass out, wake up and more banned members .

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Some got a 48hr timeout, not sure why
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
VA

NorCal came hunting and he got a little ribbing and nuked 3 guys.

We had no idea the internet was flammable.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We would prefer that, over rowdy cowboys burning the place down.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We would prefer that, over rowdy cowboys burning the place down.

Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

The hell is going on in here? Can someone link me to whatever the fuck happened now? Or did it get nuked? (ETA: Found it )

Can't leave you guys alone for two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
VA

NorCal came hunting and he got a little ribbing and nuked 3 guys.

We had no idea the internet was flammable.
View Quote

Not many a man outside of these walls can stand up to a New England ribbing.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Who got banned? I didn't see anything "bad" in that thread
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who got banned? I didn't see anything "bad" in that thread
View Quote

Evidently straw the camel etc

We get it.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There have been a few members that had decided to start poking the bear recently. They brought this attention on themselves.

I recently told one of them that our patience had run out, and that they should stop. He and the others chose to ignore that advice and they've had their accounts locked.

Here is a bit of advice for those watching from the sidelines. When these HTF uprising happen, it causes the rest of the Staff to focus on that particular forum. These guys don't normally deal with the HTFs, and they take a no prisoners attitude until things settle down. This can lead to others getting caught up in the ruckus. Please don't try poking the bear any further, because you may end up getting mauled.

ETA: Please feel free to ask any honest questions you may have, and I will try to answer them.

View Quote

Can you please list who was locked?

Also are these locks permanent or temporary?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

mike is next
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#20]
You guys are like sharks teeth

One idiot falls another pops up to replace him
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope just thought it was funny
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Nope, no dildos visible at that bus stop, no way it's CT.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.

It's a bummer, because most of those guys are really active shooters and avid second amendment supporters. All this time I thought that was what this was about. Ohh well I'm going back to guns. Hopefully the CT HTF is back to full strength soon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's a bummer, because most of those guys are really active shooters and avid second amendment supporters. All this time I thought that was what this was about. Ohh well I'm going back to guns. Hopefully the CT HTF is back to full strength soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

unfortunately people everyone gets caught up in something else other than guns and a good time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was the one making the joke here

That's my point of this whole mess. It gets taken too seriously.

You got 3 staffers patrolling the CTHTF now, for what? Cuz 1 guy in 300000 members keeps getting back in? And we make mild jokes about it? Meanwhile there's severe racial, mysoginistic or homophobic rhetoric in half the GD threads and it all slides? Never mind the purse swinging in the handgun forum about why HK or Glock sucks.

It's not perfect I get it. There's a lot of cat herding going on and staff certainly has it's hands full. And as far as I can tell, compared to similar sites I frequent, Arfcom has the best structure and runs very efficiently. I guess sometimes I forget it's not an open society, and I need to reread the CoC.

I assure you, and this goes out to staff too, the guys that took a hit recently had no clue their attempts at humor would cross a line. And as stated before, they are quality contributors with tech knowledge, political savvy, and just plain old good men. I know them personally both off and on the range.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Never mind
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You got 3 staffers patrolling the CTHTF now, for what? Cuz 1 guy in 300000 members keeps getting back in? And we make mild jokes about it? Meanwhile there's severe racial, mysoginistic or homophobic rhetoric in half the GD threads and it all slides? Never mind the purse swinging in the handgun forum about why HK or Glock sucks.

It's not perfect I get it. There's a lot of cat herding going on and staff certainly has it's hands full. And as far as I can tell, compared to similar sites I frequent, Arfcom has the best structure and runs very efficiently. I guess sometimes I forget it's not an open society, and I need to reread the CoC.

I assure you, and this goes out to staff too, the guys that took a hit recently had no clue their attempts at humor would cross a line. And as stated before, they are quality contributors with tech knowledge, political savvy, and just plain old good men. I know them personally both off and on the range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HEAR, HEAR!

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Then they will have to work the problem out with the Staffer that locked them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HERE, HERE!

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I make the suggestion that you guys not poke the bear, and you decide to run up and swing a club instead?

Luckily for you, I cleaned all my sand out yesterday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I make the suggestion that you guys not poke the bear, and you decide to run up and swing a club instead?

If you can knock out the bear, it gives you enough time to run away.

Merely poking, I agree, is dangerous.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

at least so humor can still make it through the rubble
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm a slow learner. Glad to hear about your sand. Take care.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

HERE, HERE!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HERE, HERE!

So nice he posted twice!!!

Not to kiss ass here, but VAGNut has been decent to the CTHTF, especially during The Tribulations when were getting chastised for not cleaning up our legislature or starting an armed insurrection in Hartford. Plus he's got a decent sense of humor.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not to kiss ass here, but VAGNut has been decent to the CTHTF, especially during The Tribulations when were getting chastised for not cleaning up our legislature or starting an armed insurrection in Hartford. Plus he's got a decent sense of humor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HERE, HERE!

totally kissing ass
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I
Quoted:

Shenanigans? Like the movie?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just talked to Mak90nCheese. He was banned because someone thought he was Dan too. I know Mak90nCheese in real life and he is not Dan (or Matt).

Wrong.

We know exactly who he is.  I hope whatever he got in return for his Typhoid account was worth it.

I am not here to argue. I do know Mak90nCheese was not Dan. I know that for a fact. I do know how and why you believe that. Anyway your site and your rules. So no worries here.

Its a shame Tim got wrangled into these shenanigans because he seems like a decent guy.

Super Troopers 2 is supposedly in the making !!!!! MEOW back to shenanigans and witch hunts
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just talked to Mak90nCheese. He was banned because someone thought he was Dan too. I know Mak90nCheese in real life and he is not Dan (or Matt).

Wrong.

We know exactly who he is.  I hope whatever he got in return for his Typhoid account was worth it.

I am not here to argue. I do know Mak90nCheese was not Dan. I know that for a fact. I do know how and why you believe that. Anyway your site and your rules. So no worries here.

Its a shame Tim got wrangled into these shenanigans because he seems like a decent guy.

Yes, just like the movie
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#40]
"Our house, our rules".

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#41]
^^^ That there's a fairly accurate depiction of the protocol here lately.

Heavy handed tactics over spilled milk.

And I'm not wrong on that analogy.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
^^^ That there's a fairly accurate depiction of the protocol here lately.

Heavy handed tactics over spilled milk.

And I'm not wrong on that analogy.

View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As I told one of the others, if you're no longer happy here, then please feel free to log out an not return.

View Quote

"So, that's how it is..."

I can't tell you how often I hear liberals say the same thing, when it comes to the current state of our country.

What is it they say? "If you hate it so much, then move."

I typically live my life to not be a hypocrite. To not be one of those who expects people to behave a certain way, and then act that way myself. "Do as I say, but not as I do."

How's Virginia these days?

Turning rather blue, wouldn't you say? Lots of folks from above the Mason/Dixon line moving in, telling you how to live? Raising your taxes? Wanting more government and less capitalism? More and more rules and regulations and less and less personal freedoms?

Sucks, huh?

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/xf7rSWv.gif

I can't tell you how often I hear liberals say the same thing, when it comes to the current state of our country.

I typically live my life to not be a hypocrite. To not be one of those who expects people to behave a certain way, and then act that way myself. "Do as I say, but not as I do."

Turning rather blue, wouldn't you say? Lots of folks from above the Mason/Dixon line moving in, telling you how to live? Raising your taxes? Wanting more government and less capitalism? More and more rules and regulations and less and less personal freedoms?

Sucks, huh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I told one of the others, if you're no longer happy here, then please feel free to log out an not return.

http://i.imgur.com/xf7rSWv.gif

Sucks, huh?

God willing, come August, it's gonna have a little more red in it once the wife and I move down there. Fuck these blue state policies, if they want 'em, let 'em have 'em, but don't expect to be welcomed with open arms when they want to move where I am because I'll be paying fewer taxes and living freer. I'll gladly meet 'em at the border and tell 'em to ship their asses back to wherever they came from.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, we're looking at the Albemarle County are ourselves.

Fuck this state.

But we can't move until we sell the house. We need the money to move forward. And I'm very green on how to go about that, for renting until we find a place and moving with the voluminous amount of stuff we've got, etc.

It's scary, when you have three kids and moving somewhere you have no established contacts.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm not going to bash anybody, but this entire thing is about control. Yes some guys got a little out of control and got band. So be it .

But the other night was just a knee jerk reaction to a some guys having a few laughs. This didn't happen out in the big public mess of GD where it caused a giant uproar. It happened in a thread burried in here.

This was all about getting the chance to put down the hammer
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't think any of that has anything to do with what is happening on this site. Unless you're trying to equate the mindset of fighting banning of firearms with banning of people from a website?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't think any of that has anything to do with what is happening on this site. Unless you're trying to equate the mindset of fighting banning of firearms with banning of people from a website?

Nothing to do with firearms.

Quoted:

Lots of folks from above the Mason/Dixon line moving in, telling you how to live? Raising your taxes? Wanting more government and less capitalism? More and more rules and regulations and less and less personal freedoms?

Sucks, huh?

It's all about the freedoms. And the lack thereof.

Can I ask one question, if I may?

Did anyone from the CTHTF contact a moderator to complain about anything? Or was this all done of someone's own fruition?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top