Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 12:05:06 PM EDT
my wife and I picked up some fiocchi.380 jhp for her g42 . We've tried PMC, Herters and armscor .we have a box of Winchester white box that we havent tried yet. I didn't shoot any of it but I think the fiocchi was the best of the ones she tried so far. I'm not an  ammo expert at all but it sounded better, if that makes any sense. The Herters  she didn't like.  What do you guys think of fiocchi? I want to try the 115grain xtp 9mm next.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Never used their pistol ammo, but rifle has been very good to me. 50gr .223 shoots superbly in my 1/7, strange but I'm not complaining.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked Fiocchi but my experience is limited to <1000rnds.

Win white box and PMC are my go-to, though. Just been easier to find and I'm confident in its reliability/performance. I've gone through thousands and thousands without a single hiccup. Not the most accurate stuff out there, I'm sure, but probably more accurate than me anyways.

I've never bought any Herters, read enough horror stories in my firearm infancy to scare me away for life.

ETA: 9mm
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Their .45 is good to go
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had no problem shooting 223 77gr / 55gr. I recently bought 150gr 300 BLK for an upper I'm building. I've read mixed reviews on it, haven't tried it yet, but the price was right.
Mike
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Fiocchi is good quality stuff.  They load all AE and FNH factory 5x7 ammo..

I would take it over all the brands that you mentioned and WC white box.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna try some 9 and 45 .
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I generally like their stuff, but you have to pay attention to what you are buying, like any brand. They sell plinking ammo and they sell stuff with high end bullets. I have never really tested any of their rifle ammo for precision against match grade ammo with the same bullet, but like you I've used their defensive ammo in some of the smaller calibers. I'm planning to pick up some of their 223 V-Max ammo shortly to try out in a bolt gun. As far as I'm concerned it's free shots, since the brass is what I'm after. I've never had any complaints with their brass and new brass costs as much as the ammo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]
IMO they are G2G
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
What are you trying to accomplish?

For pistol I generally shoot whatever is cheapest as long as it cycles in the gun. If its carry ammo get some expensive HP (test to confirm reliable feeding). If its for plinking get the cheapest stuff you can find.

ETA: Herters has been fine in all my rifles and pistols. I believe it is rebranded Wolf ammo that Cabelas sells exclusively.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Not trying to accomplish anything really. We tried it out in my wife's g42 and it worked great just getting an opinion  of it from the CTHTF . I buy the cheapest I can when plinking also . I use Tulammo in my g30 , M&P 9mm and my mak90 and also have used in my AR.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
my wife and I picked up some fiocchi.380 jhp for her g42 . We've tried PMC, Herters and armscor .we have a box of Winchester white box that we havent tried yet. I didn't shoot any of it but I think the fiocchi was the best of the ones she tried so far. I'm not an  ammo expert at all but it sounded better, if that makes any sense. The Herters  she didn't like.  What do you guys think of fiocchi? I want to try the 115grain xtp 9mm next.

Thanks
View Quote

For .380ACP, I feel that the European ammo is more reliable due to a slightly faster, higher charge.

When I was Still a homo using .380, I used Fiocchi ball almost exclusively for range and carry

Sorry I didn't answer your PM I've been on the road for a funeral and haven't been posting much
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I tend to recycle their brass.  The flash holes usually aren't centered in the primer pocket.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For .380ACP, I feel that the European ammo is more reliable due to a slightly faster, higher charge.

When I was Still a homo using .380, I used Fiocchi ball almost exclusively for range and carry

Sorry I didn't answer your PM I've been on the road for a funeral and haven't been posting much
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

still a homo, just shooting 9mm now
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

No.

Homos use glocks or 1911's
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I tend to recycle their brass.  The flash holes usually aren't centered in the primer pocket.
View Quote

I threw out about 6lbs of 380 brass the other day

I didn't think anyone used it
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

No.

you sick?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

you sick?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

No.

you sick?

Yes
I have GRIDs
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Girls Raised In The Dirty South?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:16:40 AM EDT
[#20]
No problem typhoid.

I may go homo and get one of those g42 . The wife had a much better experience with it Saturday. Me on ther other hand with the g30.....

Last weekend was pretty good . I will say that I tore a layer of skin of my middle finger and was in a lot of discomfort. But I am going to check out some training classes soon.

Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't reload 380.  The fiocchi brass I've come across reloading other calibers gets tossed.

You should have taken the brass to the recyclers.  In Nov, I got 4.5 dollars per pound of brass.  Or you could have sold it in the EE.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Weird, I've never had any trouble with the 223 brass I've used, maybe I've just been lucky, or the 223 is better than the other stuff. I can't say I've reloaded a bunch of it, I probably have a couple hundred of theirs mixed in the "msic" pile. Maybe I'll rethink buying a few hundred rounds of 223 and 308 to shoot with the brass being my motivation.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't reload 380.  The fiocchi brass I've come across reloading other calibers gets tossed.

You should have taken the brass to the recyclers.  In Nov, I got 4.5 dollars per pound of brass.  Or you could have sold it in the EE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate range brass scavengers with a passion

I get a special boner of satisfaction by policing my own brass and dumping buckets of it into the trash.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't like them either.  Last one I meet was an old man walking around me while I was shooting picking up my 22 brass as I shot.  He coulded wait until I leave I was done shooting all cleaned up.

I don't mind him making money off scrap, but make me nervous hovering over me while shooting.

Quoted:

I get a special boner of satisfaction by policing my own brass and dumping buckets of it into the trash.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Tell him to get lost, and that you save your own brass. Really gets their knickers in a knot sometimes, but they back off. Then when you are done you can shovel it into the trash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't like them either.  Last one I meet was an old man walking around me while I was shooting picking up my 22 brass as I shot.  He coulded wait until I leave I was done shooting all cleaned up.

I don't mind him making money off scrap, but make me nervous hovering over me while shooting.

Quoted:

Tell him to get lost, and that you save your own brass. Really gets their knickers in a knot sometimes, but they back off. Then when you are done you can shovel it into the trash.

Mosin nagants and surplus steel case really makes them leave too

James I'm throwing out a pound and a half of Once fired 9mm brass tonight jus because

It's not even mine.  Some dude handed me a couple of bags of reloads at the range.  I didn't trust his crackhead reloads so I pulled the projectiles and dumped the powder into a line out the garage and put on a show for my 2 year old.   I'm sure the projectiles are good but instead of using them or making fishing weights, I'm tossing them into the fire pit (or where I last left it under the snow)

Fuck brass fuck it's shiney yellow metal ass

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Modrapos do you remember that time we threw out all that 7mm Rem Mag and 44 magnum brass?   The. At the bottom of the homer bucket there was like 500ct of 10mm Norma brass without bulges?

I was laughing all "why so serious" as it went into the fire pit at your old place.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top