Quoted:

Hey buddy! That's my wally world!...100rds of m855 would be a fair tax

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well if anyone's interested wally world in Groton has about 10, 150 rd boxes of M855. $69.99 ea.

ETA Federal bulk packs...

I have successfully neckbearded the Manchester WM dry.

My bad, daddy, itll never happen again. I promise.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well if anyone's interested wally world in Groton has about 10, 150 rd boxes of M855. $69.99 ea.

ETA Federal bulk packs...

I have successfully neckbearded the Manchester WM dry.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not bad, radian, not bad. For an out-of-towner you're pretty allright.

But do you have any pre-bans to sell?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sold some 855 on GB to a guy in CT.  If he sends me a copy of his carry permit is it OK for me to ship?  Not familiar with the laws in this state.  

yes

Quoted for posterity.

ETA: I really like (and find it hilarious) that radian23 posted this in our neckbeard thread.
Went to the Connecticut hometown forum and said that's the thread to use.

Not bad, radian, not bad. For an out-of-towner you're pretty allright.

But do you have any pre-bans to sell?

What's that?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Check out tacked threads and Google searches on m855 performance. Many reports that m855 does not yaw and fragment as well as other munitions at closer ranges. Many reports of battle field pass throughs, resulting in small entry and exits wounds, allowing the enemy to remain in the fight. This has to do with the very nature of the round as well as the current use of the m4 vs m16 ( barrel length).

another note, the military is currently replacing m855 for m855a1 due to its lack of performance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I stopped buying green tip when I realized just how shitty an anti personnel round it really is.

Interesting...Would it be possible for you to elaborate a bit on this? I've read that it doesn't fragment as well as M193 at longer distances and that the steel core results in a lack of consistency in regards to accuracy, but I've yet to hear it trashed this badly

Thanks.

Yeah, I'd like to know this too.  I've stockpiled Israeli SS109 on the theory that the Israelis are world experts at gunning down Palestinians sneaking across the border.

The main objection I;ve heard is that SS109s are meant for 20 inch Rifle barrels.  When used in 14 or 16 inch shorty barrels the round loses a quarter of its muzzle energy so it doesn't reach the high velocity the steel core needs to go splat when it hit a Palestinian.

Think about it, do you guys know of ANY hunting round that's FMJ let alone has a piece of steel in it?  

No, no is the answer.  It's a general purpose round created in the cold war, so it's designed to to everything kinda "meh ok".  Doesn't so anything really good.  Accuracy, meh, ok....  Penetrating armor, meh, ok.....  Soft tissue damage, meh ok if you shoot them enough..... Go through hard objects like walls, pretty well.

Just look at Iraq/afghan, saw gunners have raked insurgents with this stuff only to have them keep running, they bleed out and died later but doesn't drop them.  We practice failure to stop drills now to shoot at bones and the head since its been an issue.  Multiple center mass shots and the guy keeps running at the Marines.  

It was created to fight the Russians or similar uniform army guys wearing steel helmets and 70s era type body armor.  The mil still uses it just because they don't change shit unless they have to.  Civies will buy it because 1 the gov says they can't have it, 2 they actually think it's the best shit ever made just because the mil goes through a billion rounds a year or what ever.

Check out tacked threads and Google searches on m855 performance. Many reports that m855 does not yaw and fragment as well as other munitions at closer ranges. Many reports of battle field pass throughs, resulting in small entry and exits wounds, allowing the enemy to remain in the fight. This has to do with the very nature of the round as well as the current use of the m4 vs m16 ( barrel length).

another note, the military is currently replacing m855 for m855a1 due to its lack of performance.

As stated above, M855 was made to penetrate Russian Steel helmets, not something I'm concerned with. Accuracy sub standard, when it hits a fleshy body it has an ice pick effect, like 9mm ball. Doesn't cause the cavitation that a hollow point or tumbling round would, just a straight line in and out.

M193, 55grain basically does things in a human body that can't be explained. Things it really has no business doing.

M855 will penetrate level 3 polyethylene body armor, but it's pretty rare stuff
M193 has a better chance (at close range) of penetrating level 3 AR500 body armor
Each will be about equally as effective on level 4 body armor after multiple hits.

I do keep m855 available in my system for its ability to penetrate light walls better than M193.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Cabellas has Remington 525 packs of .22 .The guy stocking said he's got more.

855 I didn't see and I neglected to ask. I picked up 380 for my wife.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

ugh i wont make it in time
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There were going fast too. I'm gone from there now I coulda grabbed some or hid it for you. . Next time I'll give you a heads up that I'm going.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There were going fast too. I'm gone from there now I coulda grabbed some or hid it for you. . Next time I'll give you a heads up that I'm going.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I stopped at my local Walmart today and they still had m855 ammo. Picked up the last 2 boxes of 150 ct LC 62 gr m855. They also had the ZQI available.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I stopped at my local Walmart today and they still had m855 ammo. Picked up the last 2 boxes of 150 ct LC 62 gr m855. They also had the ZQI available.

Mike
View Quote

Isn't zqi shit?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Isn't zqi shit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

Isn't zqi shit?

I tried maybe half a box. It didn't impress me, but neither does LC m855.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As stated above, M855 was made to penetrate Russian Steel helmets, not something I'm concerned with. Accuracy sub standard, when it hits a fleshy body it has an ice pick effect, like 9mm ball. Doesn't cause the cavitation that a hollow point or tumbling round would, just a straight line in and out.
M193, 55grain basically does things in a human body that can't be explained. Things it really has no business doing.

M193 has a better chance (at close range) of penetrating level 3 AR500 body armor

Each will be about equally as effective on level 4 body armor after multiple hits.
I do keep m855 available in my system for its ability to penetrate light walls better than M193.
View Quote

I completely agree with all of this except the part I highlighted. Not that I disagree, but how do you figure? The m855 projectile has a denser core giving it more "penetration". I don't have any data, but assume it has a slightly higher powder charge due to the heavier bullet which would negate any velocity increase with the lighter 55 grain bullet. Not arguing here, just interested where that statement comes from?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I completely agree with all of this except the part I highlighted. Not that I disagree, but how do you figure? The m855 projectile has a denser core giving it more "penetration". I don't have any data, but assume it has a slightly higher powder charge due to the heavier bullet which would negate any velocity increase with the lighter 55 grain bullet. Not arguing here, just interested where that statement comes from?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually a heavier projectile would require less of a powder charge if using the same powder for a 55gr and 62gr projectile.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Actually a heavier projectile would require less of a powder charge if using the same powder for a 55gr and 62gr projectile.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to reach the same velocity (assuming the powder would even fit).

I did look at it last night and the m193 is around 100 fps faster. People have reported it pitting AR500 steel a little deeper than m855 at < 100 yards.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#15]

I cleared out Manchester Didlo's Sports store of all their PMC M855.  PMC is at 45 cents a round, 8.99 per 20.  Federal 150RD/75 M855 is 50 cents a round.  Not great deals, but the average in the exchange is 70cents a round.

Oh, that reminds me.  Same store has 26 cases(4x150 per case) of the Federal M855 in stock today.  If you sign up for a dildo's scorecard, you get 10% off the purchase.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...I cleared out Manchester Didlo's Sports store of all their PMC M855.  PMC is at 45 cents a round, 8.99 per 20.  Federal 150RD/75 M855 is 50 cents a round.  Not great deals, but the average in the exchange is 70cents a round.

View Quote

I can't relate to people to clean out stores of ammunition thereby denying others a chance to purchase some when there are shortages.  I don't see a difference between that mentality and a "gimmedat" mentality.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Let us relate for a minute.  Where did I say I cleared out all the M855?  I just bought all the cheaper stuff.

I balanced out todays neckbearding by passing on 100rds of 22lr at cabelas.

Quoted:
I can't relate to people to clean out stores of ammunition thereby denying others a chance to purchase some when there are shortages.  I don't see a difference between that mentality and a "gimmedat" mentality.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...I cleared out Manchester Didlo's Sports store of all their PMC M855.  PMC is at 45 cents a round, 8.99 per 20.  Federal 150RD/75 M855 is 50 cents a round.  Not great deals, but the average in the exchange is 70cents a round.

Deny or be denied. Which would you prefer?

If you had $300 to spend on ammunition and you walked into a store that had $200 worth of what you were looking for - what would you do? Would you say, "I'll just buy $100, so the next guy can get $100, too."

What if its the last gallon of milk on the shelf? Do you just leave and go to the next store so someone else won't be inconvenienced?

What about when we had that massive power outage a couple years back - did you fill your gas tank? Or did you only fill it half way to be sure the last guy in line got some?

Surely, that must help you relate.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's called- got here first !
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top