Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 12:44:43 AM EDT
I am finishing my reloading/ hobby bench area. I have a Progressive press but am wanting a single stage for doing small batches, precision and,load development.

What single stage do you guys like? The Forster co-ax looks sweet. Redding stuff is made in my hometown so I have a soft spot for them. I am not worried about the color just want it to work well.

I currently have an RCBS turret press I will probably sell. I do not use it much and when I do it is pretty much a single stage now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am finishing my reloading/ hobby bench area. I have a Progressive press but am wanting a single stage for doing small batches, precision and,load development.

What single stage do you guys like? The Forster co-ax looks sweet. Redding stuff is made in my hometown so I have a soft spot for them. I am not worried about the color just want it to work well.

I currently have an RCBS turret press I will probably sell. I do not use it much and when I do it is pretty much a single stage now.
View Quote

I use a Redding 700 Ultramag but that is because of my need to load .338LM and .408CT.  If you don't need that, for half the cash, the Redding Big Boss II is great.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the hornady "start kit" and it seems to be holding up well, no complaints here I have also heard good things about the RCBS (?)rockchucker(?) starter kit.

If your budget is outrageous GD raves about Dillion presses.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an RCBS Rockchucker and I love it. Super solid piece and well made.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Rockchucker with Hornady Lock n Load inserts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Conndcj,  Big Boss II and Big Boss look nice.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The Redding Big Boss II.

Big Boss II
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Anything but Lee
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a Rock Chucker I bought almost 40 years ago........Still in great shape with no signs of wear. Couldn't even guess how many thousands of rounds I've loaded on that thing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a Lee Reloader Press with a RCBS swager die and Forester Collet bullet puller.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:32:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I pump a forsters co-ax
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I also have a Rock Chucker I have had for about 30 years. Thousands of rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I was looking at the Big Boss, Big Boss II or the Co-ax.

Co-ax looks interesting but is very pricey. I already have a progressive and a turret press which has very little use. Once I went progressive the turret became a single stage. So I am going to sell that and get a single stage.

I want single stage for loading ammo that I don't shoot a ton of, developing loads, and pulling bullets.

EDIT: I forgot to add Rock Chucker to the list
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for the Rock Chucker I have had mine since the early 80's.Walk into any gun store in the country that carry's reloading supply's and you will find RCBS parts  You can't go wrong with a Rock Chucker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top