BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wait! You pump your own gas. I thought that was only for us serfs.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My local Cumby's in Burlington, now out of gas. They have been crowded all day. It truly amazes me that everyone waits for the last minute to get ready for the storm.

Mike

Most of the gas stations here had premium only.  One of the stop and robs had no snacks.  People just grabbing old cans of Pringles.  Amazing when you think about it.

I am sure for amusement he just goes to gas stations and watches. Us regular folk, serfs, go to zoos and watch animals in their habitat. Conndcj leaves his compound and goes to gas stations, Wendys, grocery stores, etc. for entertainment.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the snow! Saturday I went out shot 14 geese, this morning I went out 15 geese down. It's the best time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Just saw 44" forecasted for Haddam area
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just saw 44" forecasted for Haddam area
View Quote

Wow. Just waiting for the wife to get home and were hunkering down for the next couple days. Hope everyone is home safe and for those of you who have to be out in this, be careful.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My local Cumby's in Burlington, now out of gas. They have been crowded all day. It truly amazes me that everyone waits for the last minute to get ready for the storm.

Mike

Most of the gas stations here had premium only.  One of the stop and robs had no snacks.  People just grabbing old cans of Pringles.  Amazing when you think about it.

I never said I pumped the gas.  I briefly noticed the hoards whilst my driver filled the state ride.  I was playing  Call of Duty on Playstation in the back seat.  Silly man.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]
My pregnant wife just fell in the driveway right on her wrist. Fml.

Off to the ER
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Off to the ER
View Quote

Hope everything is ok man.  Most likely is.  At least it will be a quiet night at the ER
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn man, hope she's ok and you can get back home before it gets real bad.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#9]
National Weather Service upped the predicted totals for some areas of CT to 24-36 inches at around 3:30pmm today.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/stormtotalprecip.php
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Hope your wife is ok bikerman that's scary . Be safe out there.

I had an early day today and snow day tomorrow!  Back delivering freight on Wednesday .
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Dupe
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
National Weather Service upped the predicted totals for some areas of CT to 24-36 inches at around 3:30pmm today.
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/stormtotalprecip.php
View Quote

44 inches for middletown.................

biker, hope shes fine
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Off to the ER
View Quote

Sorry to hear that.  I hope she is OK.  Please tell them about the pregnancy if it is not obvious as well as the wrist.  They should check both to be safe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#14]

White or wheat?

Eta: Bike hope the wife ok stay safe out there
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Bikerman I hope your wife is ok.

Be safe out there everyone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bikerman I hope your wife is ok.

Be safe out there everyone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks guys. Sitting at l&m . She's obviously prego and a nurse so she told them everything. She broke her other wrist falling down the stairs tripping on some laundry a few years ago. Kind of a routine now. She said the baby still kinkin the shit out of her so I guess that's a ok.

I'm so pissed. I asked her to come keep me company while I run a diagnostic on my truck and she fell.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, my wife left early for her 10am-10pm shift in Plainfield tomorrow. She didn't want to drive in the blizzard tomorrow (I didn't want her to either) and she got there at 6pm. She is going to grab an army cot and an office and wait for her shift to start.

Hopefully the roads will be good enough for her to come home tomorrow night, but time will tell.

Sorry to hear of your wife Bikerman. Hopefully it's nothing serious and she's fine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, my wife left early for her 10am-10pm shift in Plainfield tomorrow. She didn't want to drive in the blizzard tomorrow (I didn't want her to either) and she got there at 6pm. She is going to grab an army cot and an office and wait for her shift to start.

Hopefully the roads will be good enough for her to come home tomorrow night, but time will tell.

Sorry to hear of your wife Bikerman. Hopefully it's nothing serious and she's fine.
View Quote

Nurse?  ER doc?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife worked at Yale during the 13 blizzard for 3 days. Tough on them because they truly get zero sleep. Hope all the docs and nurses get their rest
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nurse?  ER doc?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nurse?  ER doc?

NP in an ED

translation: Almost a doc in an emergency department
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#22]
nurse practitioner
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

NP in an ED

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nurse?  ER doc?

NP in an ED

Yup had those in the family.  

We had a special pass to drive around when gov closed the roads.  Not that we ever needed to.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I never said I pumped the gas.  I briefly noticed the hoards whilst my driver filled the state ride.  I was playing  Call of Duty on Playstation in the back seat.  Silly man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

How many gallons do we have to pay for to fill your MRAP?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

That's my local gas station too, we really need to meet up Scouter. I stopped in there for a monster around 5:00 and the clerk said they ran out of all fuel at 2 PM.

I keep fuel at the house, I think we have a months worth of food before we have to break out the emergency stash.

My deficiencies are with water and power. I have an old generator but it has not been run atleast a year before I inherited. I have not made it a priority to get it running. Instead I have a big ole inverter. I can run it off the cars (which were both filled up today) and power the pellet stove, refrigerator and chest freezer, maybe just not all at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#27]
You're the boss and I appreciate it (and have done it myself) but the next fuck I give about it will be the first.  Yeah it's tedious but most do it in jest.  For the ones who I know are more serious all I can say is I have been called much, much worse by much, much better.  Clever often isn't but some are easily amused.  Thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#28]
For me it's the Tag lines at the bottom of your posts. IE...

ANDRAPOS. Legalize freedom

Conndcj. I'm the man and I'm watching all of you.

Nuf said.

But back to the snow, sorry guys this is all my fault, I got a new BAD ASS snow blower for Christmas.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You're the boss and I appreciate it (and have done it myself) but the next fuck I give about it will be the first.  Yeah it's tedious but most do it in jest.  For the ones who I know are more serious all I can say is I have been called much, much worse by much, much better.  Clever often isn't but some are easily amused.  Thanks anyway.
View Quote

Conndcj
Sorry if I crossed the line, it was meant in jest.
Mike
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#30]
It's just snow, there's enough food and "other" supplies to last for much more than a couple of days.

Snow blower is still going strong, plenty of gas  for whatever I need to clear, and an AWD vehicle in the drive in case we absolutely must go someplace.

If the power goes out, enough emergency lights and a bunch of batteries. Without electricity the heat won't work, but we will find some way to keep warm

Since  the cable TV will go out too, there is a problem, but we always have that "keep warm" option.

LET IT SNOW!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
For me it's the Tag lines at the bottom of your posts. IE...

ANDRAPOS. Legalize freedom

Conndcj. I'm the man and I'm watching all of you.

Nuf said.

But back to the snow, sorry guys this is all my fault, I got a new BAD ASS snow blower for Christmas.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/thectsentinel/a895de44ece3df5108dd6724223bf376_zps3a20dd86.jpg
View Quote

Didn't realize sig lines could bother people.  The things you learn here.  I fixed it.  Hope it's better.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Conndcj
Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conndcj
Mike

No worries brother, it's all good.  Just the way it is here.  I appreciate it though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Never said it bothered me, it really doesn't. But it might be a clue why you get the shit you do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Never said it bothered me, it really doesn't. But it might be a clue why you get the shit you do.
View Quote

Duly noted.  Thanks for the insight.

Oh...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#35]
So far 6 pages about a little snow storm.  If I didn't know better I'd think y'all are from Fiji.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Conndcj
Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conndcj
Mike

Conndcj,

I am with Mikescouter. Just fun ball busting. Nothing more. I hope to meet you one day. Not at your office of course but at an arfcom htf event.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Wind just picked up something fierce
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Its getting pretty rough out here in Farmington, winds are howling and the snow is flying, its hard to tell with the drifts but somewhere around 6" is what it looks to be
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Wind has picked up quite a bit on the shoreline. Snow isn't bad yet, thus far power outages aren't really an issue for the most part. Let's hope this trend continues.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Not impressed so far. Prob 6-8" on the ground in SW CT as of 3am. Radar looks like heavier bands of snow might be hitting North & East CT. Curious what you other guys end up with.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:22:26 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd say maybe 8 inches so far. Where's the 24-36?????? Frigging idiots . They committed to a huge blizzard by Sunday night and couldn't back away. Bunch of fucking fools
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#43]
if they were opening my shop I would be on my way already
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
if they were opening my shop I would be on my way already
View Quote

Yup . This will enrage my boss and he will never close the place again. He looses his mind during storms and freaks out when people don't come to work
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Yep not seeing the huge amounts of snow either. 10 inches, maybe less. Looks like clearing to the west in NY and supposedly the blizzard warning for Fairfield has been downgraded. Looks like the weather forecasters got this one wrong too. Unless of course we get his with a big shot of snow sometime today.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yep not seeing the huge amounts of snow either. 10 inches, maybe less. Looks like clearing to the west in NY and supposedly the blizzard warning for Fairfield has been downgraded. Looks like the weather forecasters got this one wrong too. Unless of course we get his with a big shot of snow sometime today.
View Quote

its snow really hard here on the east part of the state. seems like we are getting the most. i took a shit, filled the wood stove, and made some coffee and i swear about 3 more inches came down in that amount of time.

i love flops. we have one every year or two. humbles the weather people and makes the weather predictions a little more accurate for the rest of the year. i remember a huge flop back in 2011. shut the state down early and everything. 3 inches. that was all the entire state saw.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#47]
I looked out the window and just assumed all the snow must have drifted all blizzard-like into the next yard, cause it sure isn't out in front of me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Woke up this morning,maybe have 7-10" so far. Hard to tell with the wind. So far I am far from impressed.
Stay safe
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:41:24 AM EDT
[#49]
meh ,

i say poppycock

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top