Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/14/2015 10:03:50 PM EDT
Well, here goes. I have been lurking this site for some time. I live in CT in the waterbury area, no i am not a hood rat. My point is, i am looking for somewhere, private or public, that i can do more than just bench shoot. I am getting sick of high rock range. Anyone know a range i can visit to do something a little more involved?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm hopping to shoot bell city Superbowl Sunday match, Waiting for e-mail

Not a member

http://www.bellcity.org/Highpower.html

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
When you say a little more involved. What exactly do you mean? Standing, prone, kneeling? Or an active range with pop up targets etc.?

My gun club allows, prone, kneeling and standing. There are also cowboy action pits if you want to practice drawing and firing.

If you want actual action then you need to visit the King 33 guys or do a 3 gun match.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Like the above post says you should elaborate more,
But if you're looking for action shooting, many ranges do tactical/ falling plate shoots. Most are indoor so it's usually .22s or handguns or pistol caliber carbines.  If you're looking at shooting out a little further, there is a private club that has a 400 yd range.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks do the replies guys. I have an AR, and just about anything more than punching holes in paper is good. From spread out metal targets, to poppers. Even prone or crouched shooting would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I belong to Hartford Gun club. You can shoot from the bench, standing, laying prone or kneeling. There are steel target at the 100 and 200 yd range.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Get your hunting license.  Squirrels are open till the end of February and Coyotes are open most of the year.  Can't shoot them with an AR though.  You need a 22 or somethin...

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get your hunting license.  Squirrels are open till the end of February and Coyotes are open most of the year.  Can't shoot them with an AR though.  You need a 22 or somethin...
View Quote

Private land you can
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm looking for the same. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and start dishing out some money to King33.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone hear of Muzzle Front?

Robert Higgins owns/runs it. He's used King 33's location in the past, but now he's spread out across Connecticut and also in Pennsylvania, with a new location.

He certainly knows his shit, that's for sure.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#10]
King 33 for some force on force sims. Good shit . They also have a new shoot house and range that is almost complete.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Who is king33, where is he, and whats the price?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:53:49 AM EDT
[#12]
King33training.com

I've never been there but their new shoot house looks cool. Check out the sight and they have videos on YouTube that shows what they offer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Do you have a pistol permit? IDPA and USPSA are great for mixing it up and are a great training tool. I try to shoot an IDPA match at least once a month...

3 gun combines pistol, shotgun and AR.

Plenty of videos of all of these on you tube to watch and see if its something you want to get into.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Sporting clays is what you want.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#15]
My real question is where can i do any of these things. I am working on getting my CCW, i have an AR, and a 12GA.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My real question is where can i do any of these things. I am working on getting my CCW, i have an AR, and a 12GA.
View Quote

Are you interested in shooting trap or skeet?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Come to the next sporting clays event at Andover.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Waterbury area

We have our own militia in Wolcott
We have meetings once a month that no one attends
And we never shoot, it's a waste of ammo

I think it's my turn to be the General this month not sure tho
The news letter is 6 months behind
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I am quite interested in skeet and trap, although the only time i ever did it was a few shots back in scouts when i was like 16. If anyone has an even that i can go to, give me a time, date, and price. I have plenty of shot shells for my 12.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Does literally no one attend? I woul be interested in joining and getting to know some like minded folks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I should be going to Andover sunday for trap/skeet
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does literally no one attend? I woul be interested in joining and getting to know some like minded folks.
View Quote

the initiation process is ruff....
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Whats it take?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Somebody better post one of the picnic table pics from one of the shoots with the dildos and rifles everywhere!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Beahahaha im in! Lol
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Whats it take?
View Quote

Do you like imitation crab meat or fruit plates?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll be there Sat morning with cavgunner.

Hopefully The heathen troublemaker Got_guns will make it too since they are BFF's
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hopefully The heathen troublemaker Got_guns will make it too since they are BFF's
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could head up there but Saturday is looking alittle busy, I'll have my son all morning, my fiancee is going to be working on wedding project with her made of honor. Then I have to help a  Manchester arfcommer press in his AK barrel, then doing spark plugs on an 07 Toyota sienna,  (did you guys know that you have to remove the god damn intake manifold to get to 3 of the 6 spark plugs? WTF is that?!) so I probably won't be making it to ASC Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

shooting at the wolcott militia range Saturday am
Gonna see how the new neighbors react
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Also interested in learning more about the wolcott militia... I live in wolcott! :)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also interested in learning more about the wolcott militia... I live in wolcott! :)
View Quote

I am also interested in this, i live only a few miles from there. If you are willing to, send me a pm and we can talk.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Spring 2012.  

Why don't we do this anymore?   Surprisingly we all shot the most in 2012 hahah.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Where did you guys have that shoot?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Dayville or where ever that was.  

Wolcott militia

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was almost in RI, they called the cops on us a lot.  Also the lead singer guy from Anthrax was there with some GMs.  Ok, maybe it him but he looked really close.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It was almost in RI, they called the cops on us a lot.  Also the lead singer guy from Anthrax was there with some GMs.  Ok, maybe it him but he looked really close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha, I'm assuming the cops couldn't do anything? I wonder if we could find somone willing to lend us their property for an afternon for an Arfcom shoot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#40]
The wolcott militia range needs to open back up for another shoot.  But the thing is we won't be able to have an open invite like a few years back since with a few calls and texts get at least 40+ people there.  Had a "suppressor shoot" in 13 sometime but that after an hour or so turns into "hey check this out, 8 inch barreled SBR in 308".  BAM BAM BAM BAM (blinding flash).  Cops show up.  

I'm harassing Cobra some while I'm here at SHOT Show to take the weeners out of his mouth and gun more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The wolcott militia range needs to open back up for another shoot.  But the thing is we won't be able to have an open invite like a few years back since with a few calls and texts get at least 40+ people there.  Had a "suppressor shoot" in 13 sometime but that after an hour or so turns into "hey check this out, 8 inch barreled SBR in 308".  BAM BAM BAM BAM (blinding flash).  Cops show up.  

I'm harassing Cobra some while I'm here at SHOT Show to take the weeners out of his mouth and gun more.
View Quote

Cobra is moving up in the world while you play in Vegas...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Rhode Island cops have no jurisdiction in CT. They were the ones getting complaints that we were having a border war.  CT police came a few times and asked us to use silencers and go easy with the full auto.

Naturally, that's when the tannerite came out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha, I'm assuming the cops couldn't do anything? I wonder if we could find somone willing to lend us their property for an afternon for an Arfcom shoot.

Rhode Island cops have no jurisdiction in CT. They were the ones getting complaints that we were having a border war.  CT police came a few times and asked us to use silencers and go easy with the full auto.

Naturally, that's when the tannerite came out.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#43]
More guns!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#44]
At one of the suppressor shoots ... Nutter pulls out a 75 year old colt snubbie.  
And is all Bang bang bang !!

We was supposed to be Psshhh, Psshhh.

Quite a few ppl had no ear pro.   Was like dam man.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
At one of the suppressor shoots ... Nutter pulls out a 75 year old colt snubbie.  
And is all Bang bang bang !!

We was supposed to be Psshhh, Psshhh.

Quite a few ppl had no ear pro.   Was like dam man.
View Quote

That wasn't nutter.

That was bagdahdbob/palinsmith
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm just looking for somewhere local (in town) pref to shoot...I have some land and hear ppl.shooting not far from me almost everyday but I don't know how my neighbors will react if I build a range here...I have the space but don't need the headache...if anyone has land or places to shoot.in or near wolcott pm me
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pffffffffffffff    What eva what eva
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#48]
I hear people shooting all the time in wolcott.

Someone has even shot in their garage with suppressed 22s.

And suppressed 9mm

And a suppressed ar

I want to shoot. Wtf

Suppressor shoot at 98s.

Limited shooters.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:43:40 AM EDT
[#49]
And for the wolcott militia we usually meet up at pats iga.

Get some giant sodas at cumbies

Then stroll over to peterson park for our meeting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:45:25 AM EDT
[#50]
And since you are new here, you will need to buy your girl a dildo from me.

I do deliver.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top