Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2014 12:43:11 PM EDT
Rate hikes for both UI and CL&P were approved. Do love how this comes two weeks after the election. Wonder how the election would have gone if this was announced prior to the election?

Utilities rate hike approved by state regulators
http://www.wfsb.com/story/27402111/utilities-rate-hike-approved-by-state-regulators

State regulators have approved a rate hike that was proposed by two of the state's power companies.

The Public Utilities Regulatory Authority said on Monday revised standard service rates for residential and business customers of Connecticut Light & Power and United Illuminating will take effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
Under the rates, the CL&P would raise the standard service rate, known as the "generation rate" from 9.990 cents per kilowatt hour to nearly 12.629 cents. It could bump the average bill from about $70 to $87 per month.
For UI customers, the rate will increase from 8.6657 cents to 13,3108 cents.

<see link for full article>
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Pfffff....

You know... I swear... These politicians and the liberals seem hell bent on turning this state into a private country club. It's like they WANT the prices to be insane enough to keep out all the "riff-raff". All they want, is to keep the northeast to themselves.

And all I wanna' do, is take a fucking flamethrower to it! Just slash and burn and start over again.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
According to what I heard this morning, the "extra" money won't be going to UI as a profit but to cover their transmission expenses.  Still, this is a real slap in the face to fix-income people in this dying state.  This is also slathered onto the deficit that the State is looking at and Mr. Looney (what an appropriate name!) isn't counting out new taxes to try to keep ahead of the revenue needed.   So, more taxes in our future and higher electric bills.  Yep, CT is sure open for business!

Rome
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck. 8.6657 cents to 13.3108 cents. That's over a 50% increase. Fuck CT and the majority of our retarded voters
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't it funny how there was no mention of a budget deficit just a few weeks ago before the election....  I actually remember a few months back they said there was a SURPLUS!!    Mickey Fuckin Mouse can maintain a balance sheet better than any of the retards in Hartford!

I'm just happy I don't have CL&P or UI.   sorry to everyone who does
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pfffff....

You know... I swear... These politicians and the liberals seem hell bent on turning this state into a private country club. It's like they WANT the prices to be insane enough to keep out all the "riff-raff". All they want, is to keep the northeast to themselves.

And all I wanna' do, is take a fucking flamethrower to it! Just slash and burn and start over again.
View Quote

When I moved to CT from RI (taxes are high, but I didn't own a house or land) New boss offered to match my salary with future advancement. Sounded good until I moved and realized the cost of living in this state was so high. I'm guesstimating 20%-25% higher than RI.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Great news! Add the tax increase we're not going to see, and the inevitable rise in gas prices, and it'll be a party.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Great news! Add the tax increase we're NOT going to see, and the inevitable rise in gas prices, and it'll be a party.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Just another reason to pack up and leave.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Just don't forget to pay your magazine tax before you go.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#10]
There was mention of both the looming deficit and energy rate increase before the election.  Heck the deficit was know during the last session of the CGA.  It was debated by Malloy and Foley.  The rate increase was a proposal in front of PURA.

The problem is with the low information voters.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The problem is with the low information voters.
View Quote

You are a racist, homophobic, elitist, woman hating, 1%er. Did I miss anything?

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#12]
PURA  :(
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There was mention of both the looming deficit and energy rate increase before the election.
View Quote

Sure it was but the media also spun it, toned it down, to protect Malloy because of the election. It was all in how the story was presented to the sheeple/low information voter to present the least impact to Democrats.

You can bet that if the regulators approved the hike before the election it would have been a political issue that Foley could have used on Malloy even if Malloy doesn't have any control over it.

The main problem with this rate hike is that when coupled with all the other taxes, fees and the general cost of living in CT it will only serve to further drive more people and businesses out of the state. Further exasperating the taxing of those who remain.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top