Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 6:53:35 AM EDT
October 29, 2014 - War Of The Sexes Leaves Connecticut Gov Race Tied, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Voters Like Foley A Little More Than Malloy
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/connecticut/release-detail?ReleaseID=2102

1. If the election for Governor were being held today, and the candidates were Dan Malloy the Democrat, Tom Foley the Republican, and Joe Visconti running as an independent, for whom would you vote? (If undecided) If you had to choose today, would you vote for Malloy, Foley, or Visconti?

LIKELY VOTERS
Malloy 43%
Foley 43%
Visconti 7%
SMONE ELSE(VOL) 1%
DK/NA 6%

2. RECALCULATED MATCHUP Q1 ASKING VISCONTI VOTERS: Who is your second choice?  

LIKELY VOTERS
Malloy 45%
Foley 46%
SMONE ELSE(VOL) 1%
DK/NA 8%

They sampled 838 people, the demographic breakdown which appears to under sample Independents can be found at this link.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Joe Visconti and Chris Ford are gonna' need to leave this state if malloy wins.

And we're gonna' be on the fast track to sell this house.

ETA... What do you think the chances are, that malloy's going to cheat AGAIN this time, and bus bridgeport residents in after the fucking polls close?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA... What do you think the chances are, that malloy's going to cheat AGAIN this time, and bus bridgeport residents in after the fucking polls close?
View Quote

Since Voter registration is closed now, does anyone know exactly how many people registered to vote in Bridgeport???   lets say if 350k people registered there, we better not get even 350,001 votes cast!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#3]
wow way out of skew with the independents but a majority usually vote democratic anyway.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
The CT SOS site only has the registration statistics from 2013 and earlier up as of now. Last year there were 70,351 active voters registered in Bridgeport. Of which only 4,403 are registered as Republicans. That leaves 45,536 registered as Democrats and 20,148 unaffiliated. There is a small number,  264, registered to minor parties.

As the Bridgeport numbers show registered active voting Democrats outnumber, by almost two to one, Republican and Unaffiliated active voters. Supposedly there are 147,216 residents in Bridgeport as of 2013 (according to Google). The voter turnout in Bridgeport in 2010 was just under 34%.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
wow way out of skew with the independents but a majority usually vote democratic anyway.
View Quote

They do? The above poll shows that Independents are breaking for Foley not Malloy by 48% to 33% with 14% going to Visconti. Of that 14% for Visconti the Independents would break for Foley by 54% to Malloy's 37% if they had to choose between Foley or Malloy.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#6]
This sucks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They do? The above poll shows that Independents are breaking for Foley not Malloy by 48% to 33% with 14% going to Visconti. Of that 14% for Visconti the Independents would break for Foley by 54% to Malloy's 37% if they had to choose between Foley or Malloy.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note I said usually You do realize if the Dems and Repubs have similar turnout percentages and unaffiliated vote 54% to 37% for Foley then Malloy wins
Connecticut voter registration and party enrollment as of October 30, 2012[6]
PartyActive voters Percentage
Republican      430,56419
Democratic      768,17647
Unaffiliated        872,83960
Minor parties     18,960
Total                  2,090,539

I expect Foley to win the unaffiliated voters but Democratic and Republican turnout will decide the election.
I also wouldn't doubt the dirt-bag Visconti and his 7% isn't trying to get the best deal from Malloy or Foley to stay in or drop out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone ever been surveyed by a Quinnipiac poll?

I haven't.

What's their demographic and how are these tests done?

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has anyone ever been surveyed by a Quinnipiac poll?

I haven't.

What's their demographic and how are these tests done?
View Quote

The demographics used in the Q poll can be found in my OP post above, its the link in the very last line of my post.

I was on the Q poll calling list 10+ years ago. Don't know how I got on it, probably due to age demographics at the time, but I got my self off it by constantly giving them alternate answers to their questions.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not true.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

So wheres the data showing unaffiliated's usually vote a majority for republican in CT?
The Senate is 61% Democrats and the House is 65% Democrats.
Where is your "not true" data coming from?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know much about politics, but I saw this one coming a mile away. All it took was a couple televised debates for people to figure out who he was and Visconti is now officially a spoiler candidate.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So wheres the data showing unaffiliated's usually vote a majority for republican in CT?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

Its sort of an apples to oranges comparison trying to say that independents who voted their state legislator(s) also voted for that legislator's political party governor candidate. There are a variety of reasons why the legislature is loaded with Democrats. Could be some ran unopposed, could be low voter turnout, etc. If voting based solely on their state legislator was a true indicator then no Republican candidate for governor would win here in CT. Which isn't the case as the voters have chosen Republican (really RINO) governors in the recent past (Rell and Rowland for starters).

Haven't seen any statistics that break down the 2010 governor vote into specific party vote detail other than totals of who won and who lost. Per the poll which is the topic of this thread the QU polling indicates that Foley would win if the Independent voters who indicated they'd vote Visconti but decided to changed their votes to either Foley or Malloy.

Currently we are just speculating. We'll find out one way or another next Tuesday evening which way the Independents swung. Because of the voter make up (more Independents than Democrats and more democrats than republicans) voter turnout of those Independents and Republicans voting for Foley is paramount to getting Malloy out of office. The fact that we are even having this discussion shows how fracked up this state is and how fracked up our fellow citizens are for even considering voting for Malloy after what he's done in the past four years.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#14]
sbhaven-I agree completely,I live in a very liberal town and have heard a lot of complaining about Malloy
but that don't mean shit til votes are counted on Tuesday.
I also work with several people who bitch and moan constantly but don't vote because "they are all crooked anyway".
Hopefully Visconti does the only logical thing and withdraws and throws support to Foley or
he will be rightly skewered for what he has helped foster.
We will see more gun legislation,more taxes,more Bus way type projects,more Jackson Lab giveaways.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
sbhaven-I agree completely,I live in a very liberal town and have heard a lot of complaining about Malloy
but that don't mean shit til votes are counted on Tuesday.
I also work with several people who bitch and moan constantly but don't vote because "they are all crooked anyway".
Hopefully Visconti does the only logical thing and withdraws and throws support to Foley or
he will be rightly skewered for what he has helped foster.
We will see more gun legislation,more taxes,more Bus way type projects,more Jackson Lab giveaways.

View Quote

Visconti thinks and acts more like a democrat. He will never withdraw. The delusional, self inflating ego driven maniacal actions he has taken are proof positive of that. He has his 15 minutes of fame, that is all he cares about.

On the good side, he has exposed how galactically stupid some gun owners, organizations, and others are. Make note of it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#16]
ive been trying to rally voters this past 2 weeks . handed out these dumb malloy fact sheets at a football game . seems like everyone in my area just doesn't care who wins. im sick of hearing the ''well they both suck so im not gonna vote"  such a lazy fucking excuse. im going to blast every one of these douch bags when they bitch about taxes, guns, or just about anything.

if the vote is as close as they say then i predict a malloy win. there is no way they wont find a box of ballots for dick face d
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm running into the same mindset.

It's so frustrating. So many people fail to realize just how overwhelmingly important this election is.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm running into the same mindset.

It's so frustrating. So many people fail to realize just how overwhelmingly important this election is.

View Quote

yup. i think there are maybe 10 voters at my work who will actually vote. that's out of 180+ people. i find myself having more respect for the people who go and vote, regardless of their decision or party affiliation then the people who don't vote at all

#gofuckingvote
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true.

Correct

State office elections in CT have a strong history of aisle crossing and a independent voting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top