Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 6:09:07 PM EDT
Am I missing some point of view that makes since not to be in tonight's debate?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Am I missing some point of view that makes since not to be in tonight's debate?
View Quote

Where you been? Its been known for several weeks that tonight's debate will be Visconti v Malloy. We even had an earlier thread on it.

Visconti may end up in a one on one televised debate with Malloy
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
what time is  it?

my dish guide isnt showing it

edit

its on now
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Douchebag basically in closing endorsed Visconti
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it's smart. Foley isn't great in debates. He doesn't go on the attack like malloy. People just need to know that he is not malloy. I don't think anyone is seeing this and saying "I'm going to vote Visconti!"
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I watched about 10 minutes of it.  I watched as Visconti basically laid out his entire candidacy by attacking Malloy on the 2a issues spouting off as if he were on one of these forums.  After about a 5 minute diatribe, Malloy sat there, shook his head, and said "I don't know where to begin......." making Visconti look like a lightweight.  Not that I don't agree 100% with Visconti's views.  I do. But the way he put it in front of a democratic machine was wasted.  It's like he took an AK and sprayed lead everywhere making everyone duck but didn't hit a thing.   Really.  What a waste of time.

Rome
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
A vote for Joe is a vote for Dannel..
We are f^cked......
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to say that, while I've been a bit pessimistic about the upcoming election, I held out hope that somehow we'd triumph on this one.  After what has happened during that last 'debate' and how Foley is treating this election, it's amazing to me that Malloy's team is even running ads.  Save the money 'ol Dan.  You don't need to spend it.  Foley and dead-eye Joe are handing it to you on a silver platter.  I'll bet here and now that Malloy wins by a very health margin, not even needing the contrived results from Bridgeport.  What are they thinking!!  Goes to show just how misguided the GOP organizers are!  Really, really substandard.

Rome
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think it's smart. Foley isn't great in debates. He doesn't go on the attack like malloy. People just need to know that he is not malloy. I don't think anyone is seeing this and saying "I'm going to vote Visconti!"
View Quote

Foley was on NPR on Wednesday and during the interview they asked him about not being on the debate. His answer was no one wants to see 12 debates and when putting together a schedule his people and Malloy's couldn't agree on a date so he had to pass.

I think his debate skills are poor and Malloy is an attack dog. That said, when be gets on these things Mallory attacks his record and he defends it, that's all. Not saying it was good he wasn't in it, but not sure it was awful either.

This election is like a prostate exam

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]
From a strategic standpoint I actually like the idea.

Malloy and his campaign have been throwing negative add after negative add towards Foley. Incumbents rairly throw mud and sling shit except when they are scared.

The Malloy campaign is scared right now and in my opinion Foley is allowing them without his help to drown in their own shit.

Internal polls tell a different story than polling data released to Joe public.

I'm betting internal polling data is showing Malloy in a world of hurt and Foley knows it

My two cents.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#11]
It'll certainly be a huge weight off our shoulders, if Foley actually comes out on top.

Not that he'll definitely do a great job and fix this God-forsaken state... But at least he won't make matters worse, in comparison to what malloy will inevitably do.

What excites me, more than getting malloy out and a non-libtard into office... Is the personal satisfaction of all the sad pouty faces that'll be generated when malloy gets the boot.

Just knowing that all the cunts in newtown action alliance and CAGV will be put into blind fits of frustration... Will make the term "schadenfreude" come to a whole new level of manic joy and euphoria.

You guys have no idea what it's like, seeing these psychopathic women around town. Just when I think I'm having a good day, and then see one of their WASPy, arrogant, cunty faces... I just want to tear my own face off, just so I have something to jam down their fucking throats!

Today's Northeastern liberal, women voters are the fucking scourge of this country!

Women NEVER should have been allowed to vote, much less allowed positions in political offices!

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm betting internal polling data is showing Malloy in a world of hurt and Foley knows it
View Quote

Yep. That and the fact that they had to break out Michelle Obama to stump for Malloy both in ad spots and in person tells you all you need to know. The internals must be scaring the shit out of Malloy and the DNC for them to send her to stump in this state for a governor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep. That and the fact that they had to break out Michelle Obama to stump for Malloy both in ad spots and in person tells you all you need to know. The internals must be scaring the shit out of Malloy and the DNC for them to send her to stump in this state for a governor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean they broke out the Wookie don't you?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#14]
It ain't over until it is over.  Keep the faith, and keep working to change minds.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It ain't over until it is over.  Keep the faith, and keep working to change minds.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not that he'll definitely do a great job and fix this God-forsaken state... But at least he won't make matters worse, in comparison to what malloy will inevitably do.

What excites me, more than getting malloy out and a non-libtard into office... Is the personal satisfaction of all the sad pouty faces that'll be generated when malloy gets the boot.
View Quote
^^^^^ This!

My house is sold, we are in a rental and we are moving south when our son finishes high school in June. In theory, I shouldn't care except for what the rest of you all will have to live with AND some satisfaction the the antis could not move the election. Even better, that the antis helped motivate thousands of gun owners to vote against Malloy.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

And make sure every single person of the gun you know votes. I recall the NRA said a survey showed that upward of 20% of gun owners routinely sit out elections when they don't feel strongly about the candidate choices. LibProgs always vote to support the ideology, as if they are a pack. Thus, each gun owner has to assure people they know, family and themselves, get out to vote.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wookie name has been changed to goonie goo goo

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top