Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rule 1 of surviving zombie apocalypse: Cardio
View Quote

Exercise is for peasants.

Get yerself a Hanoi Jane video.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
It's negative. My cousin just received a text from Yale were she is employed as an RN
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Well this was fun.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rule 1 of surviving zombie apocalypse: Cardio

I prefer sweating to the oldies
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
7 pages

Seriously

7 pages
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
7 pages

Seriously

7 pages
View Quote

Let's make it 8
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's negative. My cousin just received a text from Yale were she is employed as an RN
View Quote

Cool.  Good news!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#9]
This chick who said it was positive, is apparently at the Visconti debate right now?

When she's available, I'll find out what her deal is with the info I got before.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Is she a v-bot?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
This must have struck a nerve a little to close to home. We just received a whole bunch of new protocols for dealing with  Ebola. We have level B chem suits on all the rigs that were just issued to us a few month ago for a different reason ( bed bug infestation), Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. The level A fully encapsulated suits are on the hazmat unit. Being first responders, we usually are in before the ambulance. I think I'll be driving a little slower.  

I'm on duty today. No fire calls, but we've run 8 medical calls already and everybodys gots the Ebola.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got a recorded call from Mayor Harp on my answering machine stating the Ebola tests were negative. They supposedly according to the robo call sent the blood sample to a Mass testing firm and they reported it was negative.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#14]
And now...back to your regularly scheduled program, "the stupidity of the US gubmint"

White House rejects calls for Ebola travel ban
Oct 16, 2014 6:57 PM
By CONNIE CASS
Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) - Warning that Americans are losing faith in their government's ability to stop Ebola, Republican lawmakers on Thursday pressed for a ban on travel to the U.S. from the West African outbreak zone. The White House resisted the idea and tried to tamp down fear as the pool of Americans being monitored for symptoms expanded to Ohio.

While a contentious congressional hearing focused on the three cases of Ebola diagnosed within the U.S., the World Health Organization said the outbreak in West Africa was on pace to top 4,500 deaths this week alone.

President Barack Obama authorized a call-up of reserve and National Guard troops in case they are needed. His executive order would allow more forces than the up-to 4,000 already planned to be sent to West Africa, and for longer periods of time.

Health authorities insisted there is virtually no risk right now to Americans beyond medical workers involved in treating Ebola cases or people who recently traveled to West Africa. Yet people across the country were quick to take precautions.

Individual schools in Akron, Ohio, suburban Cleveland and Belton, Texas, were closed for disinfecting because of fears that students or staff might have had tenuous exposure to a Texas nurse who flew across the Midwest the day before she was diagnosed with Ebola. Akron's school superintendent, David James, said the move would calm fears in the community.

Called to Capitol Hill for special hearing, federal health officials emphasized the importance of stopping the virus in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea to protect Americans and the rest of the world from its spread.

"You're right, it needs to be solved in Africa. But until it is, we should not be allowing these folks in, period," replied Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich. He called for a ban on the 100 to 150 people who fly into the U.S. each week from the three nations at the heart of the outbreak.

"People's lives are at stake, and the response so far has been unacceptable," declared Upton, chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee. A handful of congressional Democrats also have endorsed the travel ban that's mainly been pushed by Republicans.

At the White House, spokesman Josh Earnest rejected such a ban. He said the U.S. was already taking the necessary steps to protect the public, because passengers are screened as they depart West Africa and most are checked for fever again when they arrive at a U.S. airport.

Besides, he said, imposing a ban might lead travelers "to go underground and to seek to evade this screening and to not be candid about their travel history in order to enter the country."

Earnest said the chances for a widespread outbreak in the U.S. remain "exceedingly low," despite shortcomings in the government's initial responses. Health officials said the same.

Obama, who directed his administration to respond more aggressively to the virus at home, made calls about Ebola to foreign heads of state as well as congressional leaders at home. He also called Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, where the CDC is helping to track people who may have been exposed when the Dallas nurse traveled to the Akron area to visit family.

"The president said whatever you need, we want to help," said Rob Nichols, spokesman for the Republican governor.

Frieden told lawmakers that investigators still don't know how two Dallas nurses caught Ebola while caring for a Liberian man who died at their hospital. Thomas Eric Duncan was the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States since the West African outbreak began in March.

To protect other medical workers while the investigation continues, Frieden said, the CDC is focusing on improving safety procedures.

He said one of the sick nurses was being moved Thursday from the Texas hospital to a specialized federal facility in Maryland. The other nurse has been transferred to an Atlanta hospital that has one of only four bio-containment units in the U.S.

Nations and global bodies continued to grapple with the crisis:

In Sierre Leone, the government said that two cases had turned up in what was the country's last untouched district. The mountainous Koinadugu district had been the only place in Sierra Leone "where you can go and breathe a sigh of relief, said John Caulker, the executive director of the nonprofit Fambul Tok. "To know that now in the whole country no district is safe is heartrending."

In Spain, the condition of a nursing assistant infected with Ebola at a Madrid hospital appeared to be improving, but a person who came in contact with her before she was hospitalized developed a fever and was being tested. That second person is not a health care worker, a Spanish Health Ministry spokesman said.

In Geneva, the U.N. high commissioner for human rights, Zeid Raad al-Hussein, paired the Ebola outbreak and the Islamic State group as "twin plagues" that will cost the world many billions of dollars to overcome.

The United Nations made an urgent appeal for more money to fight the disease. A U.N. trust fund launched to raise $1 billion has taken in only $20 million, and most has been spent. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said, "Ebola is a huge and urgent global problem that demands a huge and urgent global response."

France said it will begin screening passengers who arrive at Paris' Charles de Gaulle airport on the once-daily flight from Guinea's capital.

In the U.S. on Thursday, Customs and health officials at airports in Chicago, Atlanta, suburban Washington and Newark, New Jersey, were beginning to take the temperatures of passengers from the three West African countries. The screenings, using no-touch thermometers, started Saturday at New York's Kennedy International Airport.

The revelation that one of the Dallas nurses was cleared to fly on a commercial airline the day before she was diagnosed generated much criticism on Capitol Hill.

Eight people in northeast Ohio were in voluntary quarantine because they had contact with the nurse, Amber Joy Vinson, who visited family in the Akron area last weekend before flying from Cleveland back to Dallas.

Some school and hospital employees also were staying home amid concerns that they might have had contact with her, and a store where she shopped was closed Thursday as a precaution.

Still, health officials in Ohio emphasized that Vinson didn't show symptoms during her visit and therefore shouldn't have been contagious yet. The disease isn't airborne; it's spread through direct contact with bodily fluids.

As a result of the failure to protect the two nurses from infection and other mistakes, "the American public loses confidence each day," said Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Pa., chairman of the House panel conducting Thursday's hearing.

Frieden urged calm but also said the nation's hospitals must watch for people who might have been infected in West Africa. He said the CDC has fielded more than 300 calls from concerned doctors and public health officials, with no new Ebola cases uncovered.

Associated Press writers Emily Schmall and Nomaan Merchant in Dallas and Erica Werner, Josh Lederman and Matthew Daly in Washington and Ann Sanner in Columbus, Ohio, contributed to the report.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Cliff notes dude.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cliff notes dude.
View Quote

Some people are sick or think they are sick. Other people want money.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, hide ya husbands
cuz they diagnosin errybody wid ebola
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Trips to Africa should be one way. If you go you can't come back. Just like going to Mars.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Keep hearing stories from friends who work in ER's that they are flooded with calls and visits from everybody that is running a temp and think they have ebola
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Start? Pffft...some of us haven't stopped!

ETA: one freaking second!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need to panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This

We should start carrying loaded hi caps too

Start? Pffft...some of us haven't stopped!

ETA: one freaking second!

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#22]

That's almost as good as the Lab Tech who processed the Ebola samples just got on a fucking cruise ship.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I got Ebola.  I found the cure.  That is all.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Sigh......... just in time for my cruise.At least I'm heading out from Puerto Rico.  They don't have it yet... I hope .
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sigh......... just in time for my cruise.At least I'm heading out from Puerto Rico.  They don't have it yet... I hope .
View Quote

I don't get the interest in cruise ships.  To each his/her own.

It will be interesting to see what happens if some of the cruise ships have norovirus outbreaks over the next few months.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It will be interesting to see what happens if some of the cruise ships have norovirus outbreaks over the next few months.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the first cruise for my wife and I.she always wanted to go on a cruise me on the other hand never wantEd to go on a cruise ,hope I don't get sick.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is the first cruise for my wife and I.she always wanted to go on a cruise me on the other hand never wantEd to go on a cruise ,hope I don't get sick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring a smart phone or something so you can send us daily reports while you're in quarantine.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I will never, ever, ever, never go on a cruise, period, end of discussion.  I love boats and the sea but I get seasick at the drop of a hat. I've talked to a lot of cruise passengers I've met who have clearly said that you'll feel the roll of the ocean and there are plenty of passengers who become ill.  I've tried EVERYTHING to beat it but it's impossible.  I get so sick that I told my wife to cut my throat if I ever suggest that I go on any boat away from the shoreline.

Now, with this crap lurking out there, the last place I'd want to be is on a cruise ship.  Imagine right now all those thousands of fellow cruise passengers who are sequestered on that ship, trapped by the presence of that nurse and her husband and knowing that there's a better than even chance that she's got this raging killer virus.  How would you feel?  And, too boot, they won't let her off.  Even if they could get her and her husband off, the boat is still going to be considered infected and will require a full cleaning stem to stern and those thousands of passengers are trapped.  

This is really a horrible reality that could easily be a summer paperback novel story.  It's almost concocted.  Unbelievable.

Rome
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#29]
We've been on a few cruises.You'll be fine. Unless you're near a hurricane, you hardly feel the motion.

Been on four Disney cruises, one on Royal Caribbean and one on Celebrity for a "Top Chef" specialty cruise.

Usually, if you see a show in the theatre, they're positioned towards the front, lower decks of the ship, where there are no cabins. That area of the ship gets a lot of movement, and they minimize the living quarters as much as their design allows. So, sitting down and watching some gay-assed theatrical production, while the ship is under full power, rocking forward and back (or side to side, depending on the orientation), you CAN get quite nauseous. So go up to one of the bars instead.

What cruise line are you heading out on?

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh, and by the way... This woman who gave me bad info, regarding the intern who said the test was positive, is getting hammered on Facebook right now, herself.

The messenger always takes the beating.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We've been on a few cruises.You'll be fine. Unless you're near a hurricane, you hardly feel the motion.

Been on four Disney cruises, one on Royal Caribbean and one on Celebrity for a "Top Chef" specialty cruise.

Usually, if you see a show in the theatre, they're positioned towards the front, lower decks of the ship, where there are no cabins. That area of the ship gets a lot of movement, and they minimize the living quarters as much as their design allows. So, sitting down and watching some gay-assed theatrical production, while the ship is under full power, rocking forward and back (or side to side, depending on the orientation), you CAN get quite nauseous. So go up to one of the bars instead.

What cruise line are you heading out on?

View Quote

We are going on a carnival cruise. The ship is the valor. we're gonna have a blast I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We are going on a carnival cruise. The ship is the valor. we're gonna have a blast I'm sure.
View Quote

A blast of diarrhea I'm sure.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I'm being naughty.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking more along the lines of losing power and being stranded at sea.

Carnival has quite the history of that.

If you're at all interested, please consider taking these items with you, for a slightly more comfortable cruise...

-Bring a highlighter, to mark off the scheduled events you're interested in doing, on the itinerary, while you're on the ship.
-Bring something to use as a laundry bag, since you'll probably have the room for it in your cabin.
-A pair of binoculars, to look out at passing ships or watch people frantically run to get on the ship before it departs (always a blast)
-Keep a swimsuit/change of clothes in your carry on bag, to go swimming at the pool or just change into (if you want) before your bags show up. Sometimes your bags take hours to get delivered to your room
-Throw a nightlight into your luggage, in case the cabin is crazy dark and you get up to take a squirt.
-Your wife/GF might want to bring her own hairdryer – the one on the boats tend to suck
-Bring a short power strip for multiple outlet use! This is a valuable bit of advice! These cabins don't supply enough outlets. But with three kids, we tend to need them for their electronic crap.
-Headache medicine!
-When and if you do a shore excursion, bring along a couple disposable rain ponchos, because whether you do Mexico, the Bahamas or Caribbean... You sometimes get caught in a quick downpour.
-Hand Sanitizer
-A few Ziploc bags for whatever
-If you don't care to have your picture taken for a ridiculous posed shot, before you board the ship that first day, just walk past the picture line, to get on the boat faster. You don't have to stop for it. And that line can take a long time. You'll have plenty of opportunity for more and likely better pictures during the cruise, because they've got people walking around all day, everywhere to rape you on photo purchases.
-In case you don't want to share a table with other passengers (you want one just for the two of you), find out your seating arrangements when you get on board and change them if you want, from the head waiter in the restaurant they're set up at that first day, for doing such a thing. But it IS fun hanging out with other people. THere are some crazy fucking people in this world and some of them are just like you!
-If you hadn't booked reservations at any of the specialty restaurants before you cruise (online), do it when you board that first day, to get dibs.
-And many people are unaware that you can ask the cabin steward for bathrobes, extra hangers and to have everything removed from the fridge (if there is one), without extra charge.

You'll find that almost every single port you stop at, all look the same. The same kind of shops, all selling the same crap.

Key West is the best stop. St. Martin is great too. Almost all the others are mirror images of one another.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people like that

Not me.  I'm into other things
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Some people like that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people like that

I had explosive diarrhea before it's NOT what I'm into either. If that's what you meant. 22 years ago on our honeymoon we went to Jamaica and I was loving the frozen drinks but couldn't figure out what I was eating that caused the shits . Hahaha nobody told me to not drink the water or the frozen drinks.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If you're at all interested, please consider taking these items with you, for a slightly more comfortable cruise...

-Bring a highlighter, to mark off the scheduled events you're interested in doing, on the itinerary, while you're on the ship.
-Bring something to use as a laundry bag, since you'll probably have the room for it in your cabin.
-A pair of binoculars, to look out at passing ships or watch people frantically run to get on the ship before it departs (always a blast)
-Keep a swimsuit/change of clothes in your carry on bag, to go swimming at the pool or just change into (if you want) before your bags show up. Sometimes your bags take hours to get delivered to your room
-Throw a nightlight into your luggage, in case the cabin is crazy dark and you get up to take a squirt.
-Your wife/GF might want to bring her own hairdryer – the one on the boats tend to suck
-Bring a short power strip for multiple outlet use! This is a valuable bit of advice! These cabins don't supply enough outlets. But with three kids, we tend to need them for their electronic crap.
-Headache medicine!
-When and if you do a shore excursion, bring along a couple disposable rain ponchos, because whether you do Mexico, the Bahamas or Caribbean... You sometimes get caught in a quick downpour.
-Hand Sanitizer
-If you don't care to have your picture taken for a ridiculous posed shot, before you board the ship that first day, just walk past the picture line, to get on the boat faster. You don't have to stop for it. And that line can take a long time. You'll have plenty of opportunity for more and likely better pictures during the cruise, because they've got people walking around all day, everywhere to rape you on photo purchases.
-In case you don't want to share a table with other passengers (you want one just for the two of you), find out your seating arrangements when you get on board and change them if you want, from the head waiter in the restaurant they're set up at that first day, for doing such a thing. But it IS fun hanging out with other people. THere are some crazy fucking people in this world and some of them are just like you!
-If you hadn't booked reservations at any of the specialty restaurants before you cruise (online), do it when you board that first day, to get dibs.
-And many people are unaware that you can ask the cabin steward for bathrobes, extra hangers and to have everything removed from the fridge (if there is one), without extra charge.

You'll find that almost every single port you stop at, all look the same. The same kind of shops, all selling the same crap.

Key West is the best stop. St. Martin is great too. Almost all the others are mirror images of one another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Headache medicine!
-Hand Sanitizer

Thanks for the information!  I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I will never, ever, ever, never go on a cruise, period, end of discussion.  I love boats and the sea but I get seasick at the drop of a hat. I've talked to a lot of cruise passengers I've met who have clearly said that you'll feel the roll of the ocean and there are plenty of passengers who become ill.  I've tried EVERYTHING to beat it but it's impossible.  I get so sick that I told my wife to cut my throat if I ever suggest that I go on any boat away from the shoreline.

Now, with this crap lurking out there, the last place I'd want to be is on a cruise ship.  Imagine right now all those thousands of fellow cruise passengers who are sequestered on that ship, trapped by the presence of that nurse and her husband and knowing that there's a better than even chance that she's got this raging killer virus.  How would you feel?  And, too boot, they won't let her off.  Even if they could get her and her husband off, the boat is still going to be considered infected and will require a full cleaning stem to stern and those thousands of passengers are trapped.  

This is really a horrible reality that could easily be a summer paperback novel story.  It's almost concocted.  Unbelievable.

Rome
View Quote

I can't imagine how they feel. These last couple days have been killing me. I tend to worry about things way to much. I've been so worried about the boat part I've forgotten about the fear of being blown out of the sky.........

I can't wait to get back.
I'm buying a mak 90 for myself as a welcome home gift lol
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
.....I've been so worried about the boat part I've forgotten about the fear of being blown out of the sky.........

View Quote

ROTFL....  funniest comment I've read in a while.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Imagine right now all those thousands of fellow cruise passengers who are sequestered on that ship, trapped by the presence of that nurse and her husband and knowing that there's a better than even chance that she's got this raging killer virus.  How would you feel?  
View Quote

hahaha

Obviously far beyond panicked. Forget about a boat. The CTHTF just threw down a gauntlet of 7 pages worth of panicsteriaphobia because someone in the same state might have had it somehow.

Never mind being quarantined on a boat with someone you know for a fact handled ebola in the last couple weeks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Has no one wondered why bcg's and ammo havent went out of stock everywhere?  WHats the deal no ebola panic buying?  I thought ARFCOM was better than this
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.....I've been so worried about the boat part I've forgotten about the fear of being blown out of the sky.........

Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Has no one wondered why bcg's and ammo havent went out of stock everywhere?  WHats the deal no ebola panic buying?  I thought ARFCOM was better than this
View Quote

I gotta wait until I get back
I do have a shitload of bread and milk
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Funny thing was while shopping tonight (for food and such)... there was NO hand sanitizer... totally empty shelves... lol...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#44]
now in NYC .. someone needs to keep these peace lovin hippy doctors who go to west africa off of US soil
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I can't imagine how they feel. These last couple days have been killing me. I tend to worry about things way to much. I've been so worried about the boat part I've forgotten about the fear of being blown out of the sky.........

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rome

DO IT!! DO IT!!! Mine should be here early next week
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
now in NYC .. someone needs to keep these peace lovin hippy doctors who go to west africa off of US soil
View Quote

I don't get why these people are not being quarantined when returning from "hot zones", I guess the .gov really is . This morning I saw a news post saying that CT currently has 6-9 (can't remember the exact #) people in quarantine after returning from Liberia and will not be able to exit until the 22nd day. This is what should be done in every state in the country, if you're dumb enough to go overseas and possibly infect yourself, you should be able to deal with the fact you will be stuck in isolation. I guess it falls under the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" category.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#47]
If there ever was an argument FOR putting up toll booth barriers between CT and NY, this has to be it!  Build them thick and tall, too.  Keep that ilk to the South of us.

Rome
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't get why these people are not being quarantined when returning from "hot zones", I guess the .gov really is . This morning I saw a news post saying that CT currently has 6-9 (can't remember the exact #) people in quarantine after returning from Liberia and will not be able to exit until the 22nd day. This is what should be done in every state in the country, if you're dumb enough to go overseas and possibly infect yourself, you should be able to deal with the fact you will be stuck in isolation. I guess it falls under the "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" category.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its 9 and theyre under "quarantine". They have food delivered to their house twice a day and they are required to report their temperature at those times, too. They are in their own homes, under their own power. There is nothing stopping them from leaving but themselves. They are under isolation, I'd hardly call it a quarantine. . .

We should have a designated fucking island that they have to land on and stay there for 30 fucking days. And thats only IF were going to let people in the country from Africa in the first place. Fuckin North Korea shut its fucking borders for Gods sake, North Fucking Korea is handling this safer than us.

Dude from NY came home, rode the fucking subway, went to museums, out to dinners, rode the subway some more and fuck knows what else for a dozen and some fucking days until he started showing symptoms. At which point he came in contact with his two best friends, fiance, and THEN took a fucking TAXI!!! to the hospital?!?!?!?!?! What the mother fucking fuck! Seriously. Shitfuck thinks hes smart enough to go to a foreign country to fight ebola for other people - but can't fucking keep himself in check or make two fucking good decisions in a row to save his own life. Literally.

Flights to west africa should only be sold as one way tickets. Give em a little questionnaire, like - "You really, really sure you wanna go? Cause were not letting you back in. You down for that?"
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Its 9 and theyre under "quarantine". They have food delivered to their house twice a day and they are required to report their temperature at those times, too. They are in their own homes, under their own power. There is nothing stopping them from leaving but themselves. They are under isolation, I'd hardly call it a quarantine. . .

We should have a designated fucking island that they have to land on and stay there for 30 fucking days. And thats only IF were going to let people in the country from Africa in the first place. Fuckin North Korea shut its fucking borders for Gods sake, North Fucking Korea is handling this safer than us.

Dude from NY came home, rode the fucking subway, went to museums, out to dinners, rode the subway some more and fuck knows what else for a dozen and some fucking days until he started showing symptoms. At which point he came in contact with his two best friends, fiance, and THEN took a fucking TAXI!!! to the hospital?!?!?!?!?! What the mother fucking fuck! Seriously. Shitfuck thinks hes smart enough to go to a foreign country to fight ebola for other people - but can't fucking keep himself in check or make two fucking good decisions in a row to save his own life. Literally.

Flights to west africa should only be sold as one way tickets. Give em a little questionnaire, like - "You really, really sure you wanna go? Cause were not letting you back in. You down for that?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

drinking bourbon tonight?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

I am

Zeg, when are we drinking? Lol
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top