Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2014 12:49:59 AM EDT
Shooting Targets 7 is having a sale on all there products and on top of their sale price you can take another 20% off using "LABORDAY" code at checkout They have all size AR500 gongs, bullseye targets and a bunch of other products.
https://shootingtargets7.com/store/
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn thats some incredibly good prices. Thanks for sharing!

3" .22 and 9mm plates for $3

ETA: You know its a good deal when you have to revise your cart 5 times. Ended up with a couple 6" AR500 1/2" thick plates for $30 shipped. Im tempted to go back and spend lots more. I had to keep cutting back, it was getting out of hand.

You can also get a ~10% discount for sharing on Facebook. The 20% LABORDAY coupon appears to only work on one item, not cart total. $5 flat rate shipping, $12 if you go up a box size. All in all, Im very happy - Autumn can't get here fast enough.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out https://www.gttargets.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23 for other options.  I like theirs better because of their mounting setup with a 2x4 and stand.  Easier for me to setup/transport than targets that need to hang from a chain.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I plan on thru bolting the ones I ordered to a homemade wood stand.

I was just going to make angled shims to get the angle of the steel right - to deflect lead into the ground.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link Cohiba!  I've literally been looking at steel plates for the past few days, so this is a deal I can't pass up!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was just going to make angled shims to get the angle of the steel right - to deflect lead into the ground.
View Quote

Zeger, if you do want to use them as a gong, a guy in one of the clone threads created a badass stand out of 3/4" black steel nipples and fittings.  I'll link up the pic later when I'm not on the iphone.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Check out https://www.gttargets.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23 for other options.  I like theirs better because of their mounting setup with a 2x4 and stand.  Easier for me to setup/transport than targets that need to hang from a chain.
View Quote

They also sell a stand that uses a 2x4 and steel legs for easy transport that they swear by and if you do not like it they will buy it back

Ordered a 12" gong and going to make a stand for it 3" for free, nice !!! I will put that on a outdoor plant hanger
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

They sell the bolt kits for perfect deflection. I feel like a kid in a candy store, lol
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They sell the bolt kits for perfect deflection. I feel like a kid in a candy store, lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that, but Im poor.

By poor I mean handy. Or maybe Im handy because Im poor, I dunno. I've got chain and carriage bolts incase my poorman stand doesn't work out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I saw that, but Im poor.

By poor I mean handy. Or maybe Im handy because Im poor, I dunno. I've got chain and carriage bolts incase my poorman stand doesn't work out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that, but Im poor.

I am handy too, lol. But I would like to see what they use for the perfect deflection and go to Home Depot and get the same stuff because I know one time or another there is going to be a shot taking that bolt out I will post pics of the hardware when I get them
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the idea of the outdoor plant stand from this guy's youtube video and he got it from Hickok45 I also like the nut he had welded on top
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjnC32_B4s
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am handy too, lol. But I would like to see what they use for the perfect deflection and go to Home Depot and get the same stuff because I know one time or another there is going to be a shot taking that bolt out I will post pics of the hardware when I get them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that, but Im poor.

I gave it a good study when i made my order.
It appears to be a ~2-3" carriage bolt, three nuts, and three washers.

The carriage bolt goes through the plate, then a nut and washer hold it tight to the plate. Then you use the others to bolt the chain in place on the bolts - moving it forward or backwards will cause the plate to cantilever more/less, allowing for an adjustable angle.

It would be cool to know if my suspicions are correct, though. If you wouldn't mind following up when it comes in that would be apreciated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Heres the pic I promised.
Credit goes to user Hatexoc.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Holy hell thats perfect! Thanks for following up.

I was going to do exactly this but out of wood. Pipe it is!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hell yeah!  I was thinking to do the same thing out of wood, but when I saw this I went

I just grabbed the 3/8" in 6" and 12" and got the 3" for free!

ETA: When you assemble this, dont bury the street elbow threads into the T's.  Just get them snug when your tightening so they can still loosen up by hand so that way you can fold the whole thing up for easier transport.

ETA 2: If you want to make it even easier to transport....put a union fitting in the middle of the cross pipe.  Then you will have 2 separate pieces to carry/load in your car.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I did something similar to that. 4" square for idea of the overall size. Works great when using 22s, really spins when a 45 hits it. Fire hose holds up really well too.

I've used the shepherds hook, it works well for smaller targets. I've used upto 10", 3/8" circles. My 2/3 sized ipsc silhouette is too much. For those I bought the frames from the same place I bought the targets from.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I've had great luck with these two guys:

tacstrike.com and bigdogsteel.com

They have sales quite often and their stuff is top notch.  I found both after my club decided my Cheytac .408 was the weapon of the Antichrist and changed the caliber rules on club steel which is now .300 Win Mag and below.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice Jeff!
And nice backstop

I was wondering, when you hang the plate loose, can you do follow up shots quickly?  Say at 100 yards, shooting 556 at a gong setup, would that be okay, or are dangerous ricochets a possibility?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nice Jeff!
And nice backstop

I was wondering, when you hang the plate loose, can you do follow up shots quickly?  Say at 100 yards, shooting 556 at a gong setup, would that be okay, or are dangerous ricochets a possibility?
View Quote

If you can get a fast follow up on my 4" square at 100yds, you need to start teaching people how to shoot! I've never shot these past 25yds with more than 22s or pistol rounds. They are AR500 and will take the hits, just never did it.  

If you had a target with 2 chains/hoses it would swing straight back and forth better then using just the one hose. This is my target for long range shooting, it barely moves when it was getting hit by a 308 @ 800yds.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you can get a fast follow up on my 4" square at 100yds, you need to start teaching people how to shoot! I've never shot these past 25yds with more than 22s or pistol rounds. They are AR500 and will take the hits, just never did it.  

If you had a target with 2 chains/hoses it would swing straight back and forth better then using just the one hose. This is my target for long range shooting, it barely moves when it was getting hit by a 308 @ 800yds.
<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/pirrosnet/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/9EF831FA-D150-4B37-9DB7-643BD2D0670C_zpsatunnw9y.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/pirrosnet/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/9EF831FA-D150-4B37-9DB7-643BD2D0670C_zpsatunnw9y.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice Jeff!
And nice backstop

<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/pirrosnet/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/9EF831FA-D150-4B37-9DB7-643BD2D0670C_zpsatunnw9y.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/pirrosnet/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/9EF831FA-D150-4B37-9DB7-643BD2D0670C_zpsatunnw9y.jpg</a>

Haha damn that plate is huge looking.  But yea I didnt mean those specific plates, and theres not a chance that I'd even try to embarass myself by trying to hit a 4" plate at 100 yds with an AR
But say you had a 16" plate at 100 yds set up on chains, and you sent 10 rounds downrange as fast as possible, would a ricochet coming back to you be a possibility?

ETA: are the plates at metacon 100 yds set up static, or on chains?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
The plates at Metacon hang off a bolt or something like that. So, they have a little movement to them. I'm more concerned with how shot to shit they are. Lots of craters and I've seen a good sized hole or two in them. Maybe that's why they weren't out last week?

An easy way to check to see if anything is coming back at you.....tracers! See where they go. J/k no (military) tracers at Metacon. Take it for what ever military means??

I'm sure that there's always a chance of something coming back, even more if your steel is swinging and changing the angle compared to when it's static. But, how much of a risk is it? Hope to never find out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#20]
^
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The plates at Metacon hang off a bolt or something like that. So, they have a little movement to them. I'm more concerned with how shot to shit they are. Lots of craters and I've seen a good sized hole or two in them. Maybe that's why they weren't out last week?

An easy way to check to see if anything is coming back at you.....tracers! See where they go. J/k no (military) tracers at Metacon. Take it for what ever military means??

I'm sure that there's always a chance of something coming back, even more if your steel is swinging and changing the angle compared to when it's static. But, how much of a risk is it? Hope to never find out.
View Quote

Like that guy on YouTube shooting the 50BMG that hit steel and came back and took off his hearing protection I think he had it propped against a rock, no place for it to go but back
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Wouldn't that pipe be expensive? Anybody have any ideas for cheap source or cheaper stand?

I have access to free 3x3 pallet wood, that stuff should absord a lot of lead before breaking down, but would go metal if not too pricey.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Went to Home Depot today to get the 1/2" steel threaded tube (4 at 3' and 1 at 4'), 2 T and 2 90` with 2  2" nipples All came out to 60 bucks and change. Should I drill holes for eyelet bolts to hang the gong ? Picked up a cow bell from Harbor Freight for 3 bucks to hang from the stand for 22 pinking
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Went to Home Depot today to get the 1/2" steel threaded tube (4 at 3' and 1 at 4'), 2 T and 2 90` with 2  2" nipples All came out to 60 bucks and change. Should I drill holes for eyelet bolts to hang the gong ? Picked up a cow bell from Harbor Freight for 3 bucks to hang from the stand for 22 pinking
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice man!
What size plates are you gonna be using?  If your doing any larger plates I would have went with 3/4" pipe, but its not necessary.  You also could have skipped the 2 2" nipples and used 2 street 90's
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nice man!
What size plates are you gonna be using?  If your doing any larger plates I would have went with 3/4" pipe, but its not necessary.  You also could have skipped the 2 2" nipples and used 2 street 90's
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice man!

Have a 12" gong coming in and the free 3", both are 1/2" thick. Picked up the 4' center tube so I can hang other things to shoot at, cow bell, golf balls ..... Guy on youtube said the nipples make it easier to collapse and take away, just don't tighten them all the way. If SHTF this is going to be my body armor, lol  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I picked up a set of plates from www.qualitytargets.com.  2, 6", 2 8", 2 10" and a 12", all 3/8" AR500 for $217 shipped.  They were supposed to be the single hole style for the Shepards hooks, but they sent the Gong style by mistake.  I had a local machine shop make some adapters since the Gongs holes are too small for the bigger shepards hooks but taking a 2" wide strip of 3/8" plate steel and punching 2 holes into it, one at each end.  I bolt the plate in thru the bottom hole and hang the strop from the hook at the top hole.  Works great!  They work very well on the 64" tall Shepards hooks.  Used them from 10-35 yds with .22lr, 9mm, .40, .357 mag, 45ACP.  With the hooks, they can swing and bit and there has been no deformation to the faces of the plates yet, just the Krylon gets splattered off.  We find the "bullet coins" (flattened lead remnants of the rounds that hit the plates) on the ground near the plates, but not near the shooters.

Steel plates are a ton of fun!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#27]
So took me about 10 min to put together and me likey The whole thing collapses down for easy transport Should have the gongs by tomorrow and still debating on drilling eyelet screws to hang the gongs Can not wait to test it out, is 7.62x54r safe to shoot at AR500

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So took me about 10 min to put together and me likey The whole thing collapses down for easy transport Should have the gongs by tomorrow and still debating on drilling eyelet screws to hang the gongs Can not wait to test it out, is 7.62x54r safe to shoot at AR500
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3896/15141401452_5fece3f32c_c.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3917/14955115450_904986f3bb_c.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5554/14955231067_cfa54fefeb_c.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3916/15141397332_dfb3fee133_c.jpg
View Quote

That looks awesome, I can't wait to get mine set up.

My plates came in today. They look great! Just like steel plates with two holes in them! hahaha

I wouldn't drill holes, maybe just use a carabiner or something and loop the chains around the top and hook it to itself. (You could get the proper size chain hooks if you want to make another trip to HD, too.)

Plates came with a piece of paper that says not to shoot them any closer than 7 yards with any handgun, and 100 yards with a rifle over 1500fps. It recommends backing up to where the projectiles speed at the point of impact is less than 3000 fps. At 300fps you run the risk of pitting the plate or chipping the edges.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Did you guys get shipping updates? I ordered Monday night and my tracking still says "created" without any updates?

Would love to shoot at it this Sunday

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did you guys get shipping updates? I ordered Monday night and my tracking still says "created" without any updates?

View Quote

I didn't get any updates, it was just here when I got home today.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

My Postal tracking has them coming in tomorrow, ordered on Sunday I was thinking about the carabiners but the ones HD had seemed kinda cheap, they said on the package they can hold 250 lbs
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same for me, monday afternoon though.....still no updated USPS.....

Cohiba, what are the length on the legs?  That looks like a good height, and nice job!

I'm planning on wrapping chains around the pipe and securing with s-hooks....
The bolts will stay in the plates with the chains mounted to the bolts.  So for setup, just loop the chains around and lock with s-hooks, but carabiners might be a little more secure.

I was about to start cutting and threading pipe today, but I want to see the plates in person before I decide on dimensions.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#33]
You could also try to get a clevis hook or carabiner that is big enough to eat the pipe, so you don't have to wrap the chain.

Shit, thinking about it, you could use some 6awg wire or even some rope or something to tie the chain to the pipe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You could also try to get a clevis hook or carabiner that is big enough to eat the pipe, so you don't have to wrap the chain.

Shit, thinking about it, you could use some 6awg wire or even some rope or something to tie the chain to the pipe.
View Quote

I actually like the wire idea.  Some of the bigger carabiners(from EMS) are expensive as hell, I wouldnt want a round to go threw one
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Cohiba, what are the length on the legs?  That looks like a good height, and nice job!

The bolts will stay in the plates with the chains mounted to the bolts.  So for setup, just loop the chains around and lock with s-hooks, but carabiners might be a little more secure.

I was about to start cutting and threading pipe today, but I want to see the plates in person before I decide on dimensions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The legs are 36" and the middle bar is 48" of 1/2" threaded steel from HD all ready cut Read somewhere a guy used "S" hooks and one hit on the gong from a 308 round made them into "I" hooks
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Since the link in the OP no longer works, can someone tell me what a 10" - 12" gong goes for?

Not that I program the CNC machines at work including the plasma machine or anything

Anybody have experience with 1/2" AR 400 using 308, 338 etc ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The legs are 36" and the middle bar is 48" of 1/2" threaded steel from HD all ready cut Read somewhere a guy used "S" hooks and one hit on the gong from a 308 round made them into "I" hooks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha, yea I suppose I could see that happening.

Well if you or Bendy want to save some money and try some wire just IM me your address and Ill drop some in the mail. Ive got some 10awg, 6awg, and 2-0 on hand, I can send you a couple feet of each to try and see what works best, if any of them work at all. If nothing else, at least youll have ~$3 in scrap copper hanging around.

Thanks again for sharing the link/deal, and thanks again Bender for the sweet stand idea!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Since the link in the OP no longer works, can someone tell me what a 10" - 12" gong goes for?

Not that I program the CNC machines at work including the plasma machine or anything

Anybody have experience with 1/2" AR 400 using 308, 338 etc ?
View Quote

The website seems to be down, but the 10" & 12" were around the $50-65 area. Google AR500 targets and you'll get a ton of results.

3/8" is good for all non magnum rifle, 1/2" is good for just about anything besides .50 BMG which is exclusively shot on 1". Keep in mind this is all assuming proper distance and set up.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well if you or Bendy want to save some money and try some wire just IM me your address and Ill drop some in the mail. Ive got some 10awg, 6awg, and 2-0 on hand, I can send you a couple feet of each to try and see what works best, if any of them work at all. If nothing else, at least youll have ~$3 in scrap copper hanging around.

Thanks again for sharing the link/deal, and thanks again Bender for the sweet stand idea!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem zeger!  I think in gonna try chains off the bat and see how it goes, but thanks for the offer man!  
I know you got yours so that's the only thing letting me get to sleep tonight....it's like this company disappeared . The website doesn't even exist anymore haha
I did just get an update on my tracking number though....my package was just picked up a few hours ago by USPS....so much for the "shipping within 2 business days but usually sooner"
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Got home from plate shoot at High Rock and sitting on my porch was a beat up box with my 12" gong in it. This thing is THICK and HEAVY Got the free 3" and chains in a bag inside the box. I will scan the paper showing how they attach the chains with washers and bolts to get the angle for deflection
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is the mounting hardware that I got from them for $7 and change.

1. Split washer under nut locks carriage bolt for ease of tightening nylock nuts without turning.
2. Tighten carriage bolts to target securely with a wrench ( loose bolts may deaden sound )
3. Leave chains ( between nylocks ) slightly loose and able to move freely.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

1. Split washer under nut locks carriage bolt for ease of tightening nylock nuts without turning.
2. Tighten carriage bolts to target securely with a wrench ( loose bolts may deaden sound )

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61H%2BSi6cFaL._SL1500_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71xIR51%2BbGL._SL1500_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314vaB2zJEL.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for posting that man!
What is the length on the 3/8 carriage bolts?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#43]
I would think that if it was swinging freely on a chain that the angle is not really important. The energy will be mostly absorbed by the movement of the steel.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I would think that if it was swinging freely on a chain that the angle is not really important. The energy will be mostly absorbed by the movement of the steel.
View Quote

I would think the bullet moving at 2,000 fps+ wouldn't move the plate until the energy was already absorbed, deflection is instant. The plate is heavy enough that it won't be able to gain enough motion in the time it takes the bullet to flatten and transfer all of its energy directly into the plate. If at an angle that energy sheers off and sends the lead downward into the ground.

P.S. edge, don't mean to sound like a DB

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61H%2BSi6cFaL._SL1500_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71xIR51%2BbGL._SL1500_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314vaB2zJEL.jpg

2 1/2 " on the carriage bolt
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I would think the bullet moving at 2,000 fps+ wouldn't move the plate until the energy was already absorbed, deflection is instant. The plate is heavy enough that it won't be able to gain enough motion in the time it takes the bullet to flatten and transfer all of its energy directly into the plate. If at an angle that energy sheers off and sends the lead downward into the ground.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This 12" AR500 Gong 1/2" thick is heavy, about 30 to 35 pounds.

From their site :

When you shoot rounds into AR500
at high velocities something strange happens. The round liquifies and sprays
outward at a rapid velocity.

This splatter re-solidifies almost immediately and can be dangerous to bystanders.
Always observe proper shooting distance recommendations and wear appropriate
eye protection.

It’s recommended to always mount your targets with a downward angle 5deg to
as much as 30deg if desired. This effectively directs splatter into the ground as well
as eliminating a direct impact from the round.

TARGETS MOUNTED ON AN ANGLE WILL LAST LONGER

Targets mounted with a downward angle eliminate the possibility of a direct
straight on hit. As a result rounds are deflected downward into the ground
and less heat is generated.

Since heat is the real cause of pitting in AR500 targets proper mounting
will extend their lives and is safer for everyone.

DO NOT SHOOT TARGETS WITH STEEL CORE AMMUNITION OR XM-855 AS THIS AMMUNITION IS DESIGNED TO PENETRATE STEEL, THIS TYPE OF  DAMAGE IS EASILY IDENTIFIABLE AND WILL NOT BE COVERED BY OUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Well my plates came in today, so cut and threaded my pipe and hung the plates(temporarily because the hardware store was out of chain)  Advice for anyone getting these plates....just grab the hanging kit from them and save yourself the hassle of finding the nuts and bolts....

DImensions I used
42" tall
48" wide

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well my plates came in today, so cut and threaded my pipe and hung the plates(temporarily because the hardware store was out of chain)  Advice for anyone getting these plates....just grab the hanging kit from them and save yourself the hassle of finding the nuts and bolts....

DImensions I used
42" tall
48" wide

http://i62.tinypic.com/c45n8.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/15yerlg.jpg

View Quote

Tractor Supply Co for all your chain and hardware needs.

Looks good!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

DImensions I used
42" tall
48" wide

View Quote

Awesome job !!!! I was thinking of painting a clock on the 3" gong and hanging it from my neck AKA Heart Plate, lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

DImensions I used
42" tall
48" wide

View Quote

Looks good. Chain is good, but if you have any crazy shots they don't last long. I'm gonna look tomorrow for some more hose at work and ask my brother inlaw (firefighter) if he's got any.

Figures Metacon has Appleseed this weekend. Outdoor range is closed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top