Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 6:33:33 AM EDT
Any results or feedback from this years challenge? I was not able to stop by this year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#1]
CREST won, surprise sage was Stratford PD's UH-1 Huey Eagle 1 being used for an event.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Any live target dogs left over? I am willing to adopt
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Even after the one billionth time, that never gets old.  Hysterical.  Absolutely hysterical.  

The Challenge was well done as always.  It was nice meeting some of you guys and going out for some beers afterwards.  Hope you like the hats.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Even after the one billionth time, that never gets old.  Hysterical.  Absolutely hysterical.  

The Challenge was well done as always.  It was nice meeting some of you guys and going out for some beers afterwards.  Hope you like the hats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Billionth?  Billionth what?  Puppies?

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#5]

AJJ wanted me to post this pic.

They did a lousy job of cleaning after up after themselves.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many glocknades blew up?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#7]
SWAT SCHMAT.  Puppies, puppies, puppies...   lots of dead puppies.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol.
They also broke the range gate door.
Maybe it was one of the event scenarios, breaking thru the gate
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lol.
View Quote

They are practicing to break through our gates

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Indeed.
When they serve us a parking ticket,
they send swat due to the records of us owning a bb gun.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

Shhhhhhhh....  They don't think we know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I was there Friday evening, the gate was fubar. We should send them the bill.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have the board call WHPD, explain the situation and send them a bill.  If they broke it, they should fix it.  Shouldn't be that difficult.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

Shhhhhhhhh....they do know.  They don't care you know.  That's the difference.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Plastic hinges = shit design
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Indeed.
When they serve us a parking ticket,
they send swat due to the records of us owning a bb gun.
View Quote

SWAT gives you parking tickets?  Where the hell are you parking?

BTW, there was a fire awhile go.  All the BB gun records were lost.  You're good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#17]
When I park at the police station.
I park in spots with signs marked "swat",
right next to all the tanks.
But only when the chief is already there. Otherwise I park in their spot.

I guess you're not picking up on the joke/sarcasm .
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I park my dag in the SWAT spaces.

That confused the shit out of them

And it never gets old
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:58:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Hartford's A team came in a respectable 4th place overall and no more backfiring P-Van!
They actually got a new E350 Ford van a while back.
Their B team finished just above last place overall as expected.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Hats off to CREST and Hartford. My hometown PD (Willimantic) did not compete again. Very disappointed that they never compete. The courses of fire look like a great opportunity to test your skills. Many of the teams actually use this event for their monthly training. Cheers to all that competed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Any word on if it truly is the last year for the event?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I heard that same thing today. Wondering if it's true.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#23]
How did fairfield and milford do?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hats off to CREST and Hartford. My hometown PD (Willimantic) did not compete again. Very disappointed that they never compete. ......
View Quote

Maybe they don't feel they need to play soldier.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I doubt that. They love to cruise around town in their MRAP with the media. Could be that they are intimated to perform in front of their colleagues.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I left the dog at home.  He was disappoint.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hats off to CREST and Hartford. My hometown PD (Willimantic) did not compete again. Very disappointed that they never compete. ......

Since none of them are in it to "play" soldier,  that can't be it.   Good guess though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard the same thing. From what I was told the problem is the cost to WHPD for hosting for all this time has made some admins grumpy.  Could be more though.

I am always surprised how many towns give so little to their SWAT programs to train.  I know they are expensive but many of the teams that attend do so on their own time and dime, using vacation days.  It's the only way they can go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Next year they will be busy busting our doors in, shooting our dogs and confiscating our AWs. So they won't have time to compete.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I heard the same thing. From what I was told the problem is the cost to WHPD for hosting for all this time has made some admins grumpy.  Could be more though.

I am always surprised how many towns give so little to their SWAT programs to train.  I know they are expensive but many of the teams that attend do so on their own time and dime, using vacation days.  It's the only way they can go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot, Ill use my vacation days and pay quite a bit to be a part of a CIVI challenge
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Next year they will be busy busting our doors in, shooting our dogs and confiscating our AWs. So they won't have time to compete.
View Quote

Well, that's sort of competing.  Each town can see how many doors, dogs and AWs they can break, kill and take.  I can ask if you can keep score if you want.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and I have heard the same things John. WHPD is getting sick of fitting the he bill in terms of time and money for this. Can't say I blame them, what ROI do they get out of it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You and I have heard the same things John. WHPD is getting sick of fitting the he bill in terms of time and money for this. Can't say I blame them, what ROI do they get out of it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  They are not even allowed to participate.  They are almost a victim of their own success.  It's so well done it takes more and more effort to make it better every year.  The obstacle course through the MDC has become legendary all over the country.  Let's hope they can work something out for next year.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Exactly.  They are not even allowed to participate.  They are almost a victim of their own success.  It's so well done it takes more and more effort to make it better every year.  The obstacle course through the MDC has become legendary all over the country.  Let's hope they can work something out for next year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We shall see, if it happens again I will likely be participating.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet that the financial issue could easily be resolved if they included some sort of (paid) public participation- even if it was PC, for example limited to the O-course (even an adapted version)

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:43:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative ROI

Plus the bill for a broken gate
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I bet that the financial issue could easily be resolved if they included some sort of (paid) public participation- even if it was PC, for example limited to the O-course (even an adapted version)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do the Depts pay to participate?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not Willimantic.

They are not in it to bust in doors, shoot dogs, or take your AWB's.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone know if Willimantic has a former Navy SEAL on their team? My neighbor claims one of their guys was a SEAL
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if Willimantic has a former Navy SEAL on their team? My neighbor claims one of their guys was a SEAL
View Quote

There are more guys claiming to be ex-SEALs then there are SEALs retired and active duty.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so! But I'll check my intel.

ETA: Ex Seals      Maybe one of theses guys?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I found some bean bags and flash bang left overs when I shot there Sunday. Clean up wasn't great but overall seemed cool, I wanted to go this year but ended up with like a real job now
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Spoke to my neighbor last night. States one of the Willi SWAT guys wore a shirt with a SEAL trident on it during a police firearms class. Claimed he received his M4 training through Naval Special Warfare. Never said he was a SEAL but lead everyone to believe he was. If he was a SEAL then he deserves a hat tip. If not then he should return the shirt to the Army/Navy surplus store where he bought it from.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Just saw on the metacon newsletter that the WHPD will continue the event next year
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#45]
That is awesome news. I was really impressed with this event in the past. The West Hartford guys put a lot of work into this competition. Nice to see that it will continue. Hopefully the Willimantic team will give it a shot in 2015. I would like to see if the taxes I pay to support this team are worth it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Glad to see it as well.  Every time I think they run out of fresh ideas they think of something cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top