Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2014 11:50:26 PM EDT
Would like to see pictures of CT AR15 pistol builds or ideas that people are throwing around about future pistol builds. Have 2 stripped lowers and one is going to be a pistol then SBR in future 10.5 or 11.5 upper is what I am shooting for Want a 9" 300blk but ammo is still pricey, so will go with the before mentioned size in 556.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:11:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
PFFFFFFF  AR pistol.........

most best my friend  

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Just put together a 7.5" 300 Blackout last night.  I'll try to get pics later
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Would like to see pictures of CT AR15 pistol builds or ideas that people are throwing around about future pistol builds. Have 2 stripped lowers and one is going to be a pistol then SBR in future 10.5 or 11.5 upper is what I am shooting for Want a 9" 300blk but ammo is still pricey, so will go with the before mentioned size in 556.
View Quote

Don't you make ammo like it rains?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your thinking of 98Cobra

ETA:
Some of my variations of pistols Ive had....These were 2 lowers, which are now both SBR'd.  No more pistols for me....EVER  They were fun stepping stones though.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish, lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#9]
300 blackout. 8.5" barrel, sig brace on a kak tube. It's a little extended and more comfortable than just a plain pistol tube, I've made it a little longer since this pick.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
300 blackout. 8.5" barrel, sig brace on a kak tube. It's a little extended and more comfortable than just a plain pistol tube, I've made it a little longer since this pick.

<a href="http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/pirrosnet/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7D0B45B8-4F9C-463F-9C05-70A80734FBC8_zps4y6pdfrr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/pirrosnet/Mobile%20Uploads/7D0B45B8-4F9C-463F-9C05-70A80734FBC8_zps4y6pdfrr.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks good man.... and my advice cohiba, and anyone else looking to do a pistol build....go with the sig brace like jeff....the bare tube is not much fun
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
i agree i have the brace and its awesome

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Form 1 everything. FDM
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#13]
What brand barrel is your 8.5", how's the accuracy? Great looking setup you've got.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What brand barrel is your 8.5", how's the accuracy? Great looking setup you've got.
View Quote

Me?
Noveske 8.5". I haven't shot it a ton, but damn well good enough!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#16]
^ Nice man!
How come your not using the side charger?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
^ Nice man!
View Quote

Why would you use a side-charger for a SBR or Pistol?

Thats for bench rest shooting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ Nice man!

The real question is why would you make a rifle into a 10rd pistol?
1. It's useless
2. It's Ghey
3. It's fugly
4. It's useless
But those are just my points against such an idea
No offense intended to owners of said objects
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What side charger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ Nice man!

What side charger?

My mistake
Your bcg looks like it has a tapped hole near the back, so I thought it was one of those side charger bcgs but you removed the handle
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

1. range toy
2. yep
3. yep
4. why the hell not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ Nice man!

1. It's useless
2. It's Ghey
3. It's fugly
4. It's useless

1. range toy
2. yep
3. yep
4. why the hell not?

Warbles !!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Warbles !!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ Nice man!

1. It's useless
2. It's Ghey
3. It's fugly
4. It's useless

1. range toy
2. yep
3. yep
4. why the hell not?

Warbles !!!!

1. It scares and pisses off Malloy.
2. It scares and pisses off Obama.
3. It scares and pisses off liberals.
4. Fuck Dan Malloy, fuck Obama, and fuck liberals.

My SigBrace came in today. One step closer to a 7.5" flame thrower.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:24:58 AM EDT
[#25]
So a friend of mine told me he went to the range with his AR pistol and was told by an RO that it was illegal to have The RO told him the lower was not marked pistol and was not a pre ban He has since shipped his upper to another State. Is this true ? If so it has put a halt to my pistol build
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Believing a random RO or a gun shop is the same as believing a random person on the corner. or believing what you read on the internet.

The RO is wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So a friend of mine told me he went to the range with his AR pistol and was told by an RO that it was illegal to have The RO told him the lower was not marked pistol and was not a pre ban He has since shipped his upper to another State. Is this true ? If so it has put a halt to my pistol build

Believing a random RO or a gun shop is the same as believing a random person on the corner. or believing what you read on the internet.

The RO is wrong.

So much DERP policing going on at ranges by RO's . I want to say I think he was reciting old law to my friend, saying it had to be a certain weight and no hand guard
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So much DERP policing going on at ranges by RO's . I want to say I think he was reciting old law to my friend, saying it had to be a certain weight and no hand guard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The RO is wrong.

Need to join a good private club and no one will say anything. Its worth the wait on a list lMO.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:01:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Need to join a good private club and no one will say anything. Its worth the wait on a list lMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The RO is wrong.

I belong to a private club.

I've been told some real goofy shit by RO's.

I try my best to just be "aw shucks" personable, but there comes a point where you have to confidently tell the other party that they don't know what the fuck they are talking about.  If they have any shred of intelligence, they already know that any further conversation is simply "aw shucks" face saving on their part.

I especially like the RO that gave Andrapos and I shit about our pre-bans, and then on a later trip he proceeded to tell me about his "filed down sear" for a supposed full-auto conversion "for SHITF".  I cracked open my AR and asked him to show me which part he filed down.  Later he asked me if I wanted to buy some reloaded pistol ammo.  FUCK NO!

I'm an RO there too.  I don't question the legality of configurations.  Thats the problem of the guy possessing it.  I only call out safety issues (which is another story altogether)
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I was wondering the same thing, is legal to have a pistol build in CT?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, provided you comply with both the CT AWB and federal law regarding pistols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was wondering the same thing, is legal to have a pistol build in CT?

Yes, provided you comply with both the CT AWB and federal law regarding pistols.

To clarify (I am new to the state, so I'm trying to familiarize myself):

Sec. 53-202a

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:
(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;
(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;

NFA Firearm ruling:

NFA 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)

“(3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of
less than 16 inches in length;” (“short-barreled rifle”) and “(4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length (“weapon made from a rifle”)

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#33]
In the state's eyes:

-According to Sec. 53-202a and the state's definition of a pistol (less than 12"), an AR pistol is legal as long as it does NOT have an option from (ii) through (v).

In the fed's eyes:

-The lower receiver must be registered as a "Other Firearm"/pistol from the get-go (and have never been built as a rifle).
-According to (NFA), 26 U.S.C.5845(a)(3), you must store (in a different location) additional parts that would give you the ability to make you AR pistol into an SBR.

------------------

So, I can order a lower receiver, ship it to an FFL, register it as a pistol, and begin my build?

With that said, what type of scrutiny do you guys receive at the range for having this configuration?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In the state's eyes:

-According to Sec. 53-202a and the state's definition of a pistol (less than 12"), an AR pistol is legal as long as it does NOT have an option from (ii) through (v).

In the fed's eyes:

-The lower receiver must be registered as a "Other Firearm"/pistol from the get-go (and have never been built as a rifle).
-According to (NFA), 26 U.S.C.5845(a)(3), you must store (in a different location) additional parts that would give you the ability to make you AR pistol into an SBR.

------------------

So, I can order a lower receiver, ship it to an FFL, register it as a pistol, and begin my build?

With that said, what type of scrutiny do you guys receive at the range for having this configuration?
View Quote

You're either very new here, or very much involved in the military, or both

Whoops I missed your first post.  

The only way your doing a pistol in CT is to find a VIRGIN PREBAN receiver.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#35]
No FFL is going to let you order/buy a lower receiver unless you are
in the exempted class (Mil or Le with letterhead)
or unless it is a pre-ban.

As Bending said, the pre ban would have to be a virgin lower, or if can find the few that were factory made into a pistol like the Oly Arms OA93

This is assuming that you don't have any virgin lowers registered with the state already prior to 12-31-13 deadline.
If you did register a lower prior to the cutoff and kept it a virgin lower, one could assume that you could build it as a pistol.
Many here believe that an "AW" is an "AW' is an "AW" and once registered can be built into any configuration.

Range issues with other people would come up now and again for sure.
As many people don't know the law, including many police.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, I'm a newbie to CT, though not LE or military.

I completely overlooked the preban part. There is no way I'm paying for a preban lower receiver here.

It looks like that idea is out of the works.

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the help, guys. I'm trying to exercise my rights, but obviously learning what in the world I can bring here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I completely overlooked the preban part. There is no way I'm paying for a preban lower receiver here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ifnyou need a place to shoot in Hartford county let me know!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ifnyou need a place to shoot in Hartford county let me know!
View Quote

I'm all ears!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top