Quoted:
blah blah parking, counter commandoes whatever

10% of any gun

20% any second gun

new or used

Glocks exempt no clue

Fucking awesome prices
View Quote

Any affiliation with Hoffman's? can you tell them to do something with the parking and the assholes behind the counter?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any affiliation with Hoffman's? can you tell them to do something with the parking and the assholes behind the counter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10% of any gun

20% any second gun

new or used

Glocks exempt no clue

Fucking awesome prices

none

I'm overqualified
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

none

I'm overqualified
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10% of any gun

20% any second gun

new or used

Glocks exempt no clue

Fucking awesome prices

none

I'm overqualified

They will never learn to hire the good ones
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.  His real name is Matt Hoffman!

Nah, he just gets the email like the rest of us.  Pretty awesome sale.

Might have to go buy that threaded .22 bolt gun that I've been putting off (Ruger American avail with factory threads now, btw)
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a ruger all american for my fiance to shoot and for the money I am very surprised. I have never been a big ruger guy but I got this thing with the scope for a steel and its pretty damn accurate at 100yards
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Just saw a Facebook post from Hoffman's, saying that they're starting their sale today, a day early.

Starts today, ends Sunday.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The boy and I went today, to take advantage of whatever they had.

There was a black slide Ruger SR9c that I saw, but wanted to squeeze off a few rounds, to try out the trigger. Did a "10 for 10" in the range. Never shot this handgun before and put all ten rounds in a three inch group at 25 yards, finishing off with a five round burst fire. It's a nice and steady little gun.

Went back out to say call it in, and someone had put the last black one on layaway, during the fifteen minutes I was in the range.

They had a few SS slides, but that's not me. So, walked out with nothing.

They're just clearing their stock out.

What's with all the Mosin Nagants over at Newington Gun Exchange?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The boy and I went today, to take advantage of whatever they had.

There was a black slide Ruger SR9c that I saw, but wanted to squeeze off a few rounds, to try out the trigger. Did a "10 for 10" in the range. Never shot this handgun before and put all ten rounds in a three inch group at 25 yards, finishing off with a five round burst fire. It's a nice and steady little gun.

Went back out to say call it in, and someone had put the last black one on layaway, during the fifteen minutes I was in the range.

They had a few SS slides, but that's not me. So, walked out with nothing.

They're just clearing their stock out.
What's with all the Mosin Nagants over at Newington Gun Exchange?
View Quote

Suuuure.  Fingerbang everything in sight and walk out with some excuse.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#9]
How did the used counter look?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

HA!

I'm just picky. Not a collector.

Quoted:
How did the used counter look?

On Thursday, they had four cases with plenty of handguns. Nothing newer though. Lots of revolvers, well used Berettas and plenty of smaller concealed carry Kahrs.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did a "10 for 10" in the range. Never shot this handgun before and put all ten rounds in a three inch group at 25 yards, finishing off with a five round burst fire. It's a nice and steady little gun.

View Quote

I must really suck because I would be lucky to do an 8" group at 75 feet.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was at Hoffman's a few weeks back, what's with all the trigger locks on everything? I wanted to dry fire some .22 AR that were color-dipped.

FYI there was plenty of parking, despite the Visconti tent up near the front door.
View Quote

Because Hoffmans hates you and we all want them to go out of business and suffer.

And because dry firing rimfire is usually bad.

Why is someone bitching about a lot of Mosin Nagants at NGX????

More Mosins is GOOD.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Not bitching. It's just weird to see SO many of these old rifles taking up a huge section, where modern rifles used to be. I guess because of the gun laws.

I just don't recall seeing them three years ago. Maybe one or two, but not in such a huge supply.

It sucks because their presence is due to liberal stupidity. Know what I mean.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not bitching. It's just weird to see SO many of these old rifles taking up a huge section, where modern rifles used to be. I guess because of the gun laws.

I just don't recall seeing them three years ago. Maybe one or two, but not in such a huge supply.

It sucks because their presence is due to liberal stupidity. Know what I mean.

View Quote

Six men with a week or two of marksmanship and coordinated fire and maneuvering training and a case of nuggets and a few spam cans of ammo could pose a very serious problem to anyone intent on stopping them.

Just saying.

But yeah, we'd all just see a bunch of black rifles back for laid back geeks to buy for weekend plinking.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did a "10 for 10" in the range. Never shot this handgun before and put all ten rounds in a three inch group at 25 yards, finishing off with a five round burst fire. It's a nice and steady little gun.

Now you've got me second guessing the distance.

What's the first pre-set setting on Hoffman's range buttons? It takes out out to three pre-set distances. I assume it was 25 yards. Could it have been 15 yards instead?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's the first pre-set setting on Hoffman's range buttons? It takes out out to three pre-set distances. I assume it was 25 yards. Could it have been 15 yards instead?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

15 feet
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#18]
No, it was a little further than two lengths of plywood. Just asked my son and he said it was the halfway point. Whatever that is.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:19:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Because Hoffmans hates you and we all want them to go out of business and suffer.

More Mosins is GOOD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at Hoffman's a few weeks back, what's with all the trigger locks on everything? I wanted to dry fire some .22 AR that were color-dipped.

FYI there was plenty of parking, despite the Visconti tent up near the front door.

More Mosins is GOOD.

I guess I better stop dry firing that MK II then......  I don't do it a ton but a few times here and there.  I haven't had a lot of experience with rimfire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top