[#1]
Is this joke?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this joke?
View Quote

Don't know.  I saw this posted in another thead.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/652651_Are_these_M16_lowers_the_real_deal_.html
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
What you have to understand is that generally in Europe, the barrels and bolts are the controlled components.  There is none of the ATF, the receiver is the firearm, once an MG always an MG stuff.  That receiver is just a gun part.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:12:27 AM EDT
[#4]
It would be illegal to buy one

1:  Europe so it's going to have to be imported via an importer with ATF paperwork.   I have one if you ever need one.

2:  it's a fuckign machine gun

3:' international trade of arms regulations

It's legal there because the barrels and all that shit are regulated, not the receiver.

But to answer your question, it was made before 94
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:29:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Never trust Europe.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:24:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Never trust Europe.
View Quote

+1  Especially anything to do with the militaria trade.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

1:  Europe so it's going to have to be imported via an importer with ATF paperwork.   I have one if you ever need one.

It's legal there because the barrels and all that shit are regulated, not the receiver.
It depends on the country. in Germany that's very true, though there are some countries where that is not true. There are also countries where though the lower is not necessarily regulated as a firearm, it can't necessarily be used by the owner to build a firearm or even as a replacement part (again, country dependent- Europe has wide variation).

View Quote

As a machinegun, it would only be able to be imported for LE sale, and would most likely end up being stored in a bonded warehouse until shipped to an agency or other authorized recipient (unless it was a sales sample being put into use for the importer).

Even if it was not a machine gun, it would not be importable for commercial sale on the basis that it is a frame or receiver of a firearm that is not importable (for commercial sale). A semi-only AR lower would be importable for LE sale and after initial acquisition by LE could later be resold to the public (like the Canadian produced Colts that Phoenix, CDNN, and others have been selling)- but initial sale would need to be to an LEA, for agency use- not for intended resale.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#8]
What makes these receivers machine guns?

They are stripped right?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As a machinegun, it would only be able to be imported for LE sale, and would most likely end up being stored in a bonded warehouse until shipped to an agency or other authorized recipient (unless it was a sales sample being put into use for the importer).

Even if it was not a machine gun, it would not be importable for commercial sale on the basis that it is a frame or receiver of a firearm that is not importable (for commercial sale). A semi-only AR lower would be importable for LE sale and after initial acquisition by LE could later be resold to the public (like the Canadian produced Colts that Phoenix, CDNN, and others have been selling)- but initial sale would need to be to an LEA, for agency use- not for intended resale.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It depends on the country. in Germany that's very true, though there are some countries where that is not true. There are also countries where though the lower is not necessarily regulated as a firearm, it can't necessarily be used by the owner to build a firearm or even as a replacement part (again, country dependent- Europe has wide variation).

No they go direct to end user.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are stripped right?
View Quote

Third hole

The little one above the selector almost at the edge of the side of the receiver.

And the rollmark that says "M16"
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Third hole

The little one above the selector almost at the edge of the side of the receiver.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are stripped right?

Third hole

That one hole and a rollmark?  Wow.

ETA:  Ok...have to ask....would it be illegal to have it shipped and once received weld up the third hole?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure which part of my statement you are referring to. I'm aware that in(many parts of) Europe they sell the receivers (including some receivers directly to end users, whose lawful  uses for the receivers vary greatly by country. I described the manner in which must importers ship contemporarily imported machine guns to LEAs, who are the end user (though there are companies that use other distribution models).

Semi-automatic AR-15 type firearms, their frames/ receivers, and barrels can NOT be imported (or reimported) for sale to civilians pursuant to federal regulations. They can be imported for sale to LEAs, for official use (iow not for the purpose of resale). However, such imported firearms may be sold by LEAs and to civilians or for sale to civilians.That's how items like this (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=431937952#PIC) get on the commercial market. It's the same way that a Glock 25 or 28 occasionally ends up on the commercial market.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude
Just put the keyboard down and get off the internets.

No. No. No. No. And just in case there is another question regarding this particular receiver .....no.

You ain't t getting it imported.
You ain't getting it on the NFA registry even if you did import it.
Ltitle hole is a MG.
Once a MG always a MG. Even though I believe there may have been some ak or fal MGs converted to semi and sold in the US.

Just break out some cash and buy a premature lower.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm not sure which part of my statement you are referring to. I'm aware that in(many parts of) Europe they sell the receivers (including some receivers directly to end users, whose lawful  uses for the receivers vary greatly by country. I described the manner in which must importers ship contemporarily imported machine guns to LEAs, who are the end user (though there are companies that use other distribution models).

Semi-automatic AR-15 type firearms, their frames/ receivers, and barrels can NOT be imported (or reimported) for sale to civilians pursuant to federal regulations. They can be imported for sale to LEAs, for official use (iow not for the purpose of resale). However, such imported firearms may be sold by LEAs and to civilians or for sale to civilians.That's how items like this (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=431937952#PIC) get on the commercial market. It's the same way that a Glock 25 or 28 occasionally ends up on the commercial market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imported NFA agency items go right to the dealer or end user no bonded warehouse.

Familiar with how diemaco and other goodies get here.   Colt moves parts around too I think
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

ETA:  Ok...have to ask....would it be illegal to have it shipped and once received weld up the third hole?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are stripped right?

Third hole

I'm not being sarcastic, but you can have it crushed and sent to you

You used to be able to torch cut them into three pieces and then import them.   Skilled welders could then reweld the lower together.   Lots of unskilled welders tried this too.   This is where the term "reweld" in the MG market comes from.

Welding it back together would still be a MG with that little hole
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dude

No. No. No. No. And just in case there is another question regarding this particular receiver .....no.

Ltitle hole is a MG.
Once a MG always a MG. Even though I believe there may have been some ak or fal MGs converted to semi and sold in the US.

View Quote

FAL's and MAARS CETMES had blocked selectors.

The AK's were a batch of norincos with the extra rivet.  But FA FCG iirc.  Still a MG

Oh and Early FN Ps90's had a trigger pack that is ridiculously easy to modify to FA

The guy at BMG showed me in about 20 seconds.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The AK's were a batch of norincos with the extra rivet.  But FA FCG iirc.  Still a MG

Oh and Early FN Ps90's had a trigger pack that is ridiculously easy to modify to FA

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude

Ltitle hole is a MG.

Speaking of BMG....anyone know where they moved?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Imported NFA agency items go right to the dealer or end user no bonded warehouse.

Familiar with how diemaco and other goodies get here.   Colt moves parts around too I think
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absent specific documentation, ATF typically does require the use of a bonded warehouse for certain items (military surplus firearms other than curios and relics, AP pistol ammunition, non-sporting and NFA firearms, non importable barrels, DD ammunition, and tracers). From the ATF  Imports handbook:

Generally, importers are prohibited from importing the articles listed above for placement into
his or her general warehouse or normal place(s) of storage unless the importer has attached to
his or her ATF Form 6 import permit application specific documentation demonstrating that the
articles are entering into the commerce of the United States for an authorized purpose
. 18
U.S.C. § 921(d)(3), 922(o), and 26 U.S.C. § 5844. Importers desiring to store any of these
articles at a location within the United States who cannot attach such documentation to their
Form 6 application may, however, submit an ATF Form 6 import permit application seeking
authorization to place the articles into a qualified Customs Bonded Warehouse (CBW) or
Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ).
The importers must clearly state in Item 10 of their Form 6
application that the listed articles are to be entered into a CBW or FTZ by referencing its
identity/number and address of the CBW or FTZ into which the articles will be placed. If the
articles sought for importation are surplus military firearms surplus military ammunition, or
firearm or ammunition components of U.S. origin, importers must attach to their Form 6
application written retransfer authorization from the U.S. Department of State. If any of these
articles were provided to a foreign government under a Military Assistance Program, the
written retransfer authorization must be issued by the Office of Regional Security and Arms
Transfer Policy (RSAT) within the Department of State. If any of these articles were provided to
a foreign government under a Foreign Military Sales program, the written retransfer
authorization must be issued by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) within the
Department of State. If the required written retransfer authorization is not attached to such a
Form 6 application, the Forms 6 will be returned to the applicants without action. You may
contact the RSAT office at (202) 647-9750, or DDTC at (202) 663-1282.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok neat

I know there is a guy in CT that does that but the WH is in NC
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude

Ltitle hole is a MG.

Not sure where they are but it is possible you can visit them in club Fed.

Read this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Read this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude

Ltitle hole is a MG.

Read this.

Hey Got_Guns, what color is the trigger pack in your PS90?

Wanna learn one weird trick to make your cock hard as a lead pipe in 20 seconds?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wanna learn one weird trick to make your cock hard as a lead pipe in 20 seconds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude

Ltitle hole is a MG.

Read this.

Well?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry guys I have been keeping tabs on the ustream feeds in gaza and just poking around in the htf.

I'll check it out later, take some pics and upload them.

My ps90 and my fn57 are both fairly early . But I don't think they are first batch imports.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top