Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:

Nice, who made it?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cam52:
Delayed Christmas present from the wife, just arrived custom handmade carry belt.  1/4" thick, double stitched, oval holes, got to choose all the options from color to thread, buckle, etc.  Should last a long time, will be carrying 9 and .45 alternately just to be fair

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/vcam52/0224151607_zpsepeco25x.jpg

Nice, who made it?

Not sure of the forum rule's, he's not a vendor so can I name him?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes
Delayed Christmas present from the wife, just arrived custom handmade carry belt.  1/4" thick, double stitched, oval holes, got to choose all the options from color to thread, buckle, etc.  Should last a long time, will be carrying 9 and .45 alternately just to be fair

Nice, who made it?

go for it
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:

go for it
View All Quotes

Nice, who made it?

go for it

OK, Zach's Gun Belts, one man operation out of Georgia.  He stayed in touch throughout the order process, very professional and really nice quality with competitive pricing for custom work.  Has a nice website, zachsgunbelts.com.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]

yours or your wifes????
View All Quotes

yours or your wifes????
That is my wife's new glock.we spent a majority of our day Saturday at Hoffmans range talking to a couple of the guys there and then going into the range in trying some guns. She originally wanted a Performance Center M&P 9 mm but after handling it she's like "there's nothing different from this than the one we have."Which obviously there is but I wasn't going to argue with her. She tried a kimber solo 9mm , a s&w bodygaurd 380 and then the glock 42 in the range. She handled many pistols at the counter . Had problems manipulating the slides on a lot of them. The glock worked best for her. She picked it herself. She needs practice but she'll get it.

We were in hoffmans for not even 5 mins and we had guys asking if we need help. For real, I will say this was my best experience there.

We actually had a better experience at NGX short Gary was great, we bought from them knocked some off the gun 10% off pinky extensions, holster,a gun bag and ammo.

Funniest comment out of her mouth at Hoffmans was " the parking fucking sucks!"

By the way nice rifle you got there. Have you shot it yet?

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mak90ncheese:
That is my wife's new glock.we spent a majority of our day Saturday at Hoffmans range talking to a couple of the guys there and then going into the range in trying some guns. She originally wanted a Performance Center M&P 9 mm but after handling it she's like "there's nothing different from this than the one we have."Which obviously there is but I wasn't going to argue with her. She tried a kimber solo 9mm , a s&w bodygaurd 380 and then the glock 42 in the range. She handled many pistols at the counter . Had problems manipulating the slides on a lot of them. The glock worked best for her. She picked it herself. She needs practice but she'll get it.

We were in hoffmans for not even 5 mins and we had guys asking if we need help. For real, I will say this was my best experience there.

We actually had a better experience at NGX short Gary was great, we bought from them knocked some off the gun 10% off pinky extensions, holster,a gun bag and ammo.

View All Quotes

yours or your wifes????

Mint ! Did she like the bodyguard at all? I have one and love it for a pocket pistol.

Haven't shot the rifle, just got it yesterday. Going to bring it to the range to break it in soon. Probably won't be fully shooting it for another month until I get some glass
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife still rocks the lcp. She won't get anything else
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]

<a href="http://s269.photobucket.com/user/vcam52/media/0224151607_zpsepeco25x.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/vcam52/0224151607_zpsepeco25x.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice belt!

Also some great pics in your photobucket. Nice Vettes! Love the ones at West Point and the Bear Mountain Bridge. I lived in Highland Falls for a while and went up and down the "goat trail" quite often.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Mint ! Did she like the bodyguard at all? I have one and love it for a pocket pistol.

Haven't shot the rifle, just got it yesterday. Going to bring it to the range to break it in soon. Probably won't be fully shooting it for another month until I get some glass
View All Quotes

yours or your wifes????

She didn't like it. She had a hard time with the slide and there were issues seating the magazine .

She liked the purple ruger , until she tried racking the slide. She never even tried firing it.

She liked the Dan Wesson 9 mm 1911, but she won't buy that lol !

We were talking 308 ar's and asked why I don't have one , she even said she wants one ! So I proceded to show her one that is listed by Steveo . Oh that's nice she said, how much? I said 3500 bucks, she almost choked on her wine......

Hahaha

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]
S
She didn't like it. She had a hard time with the slide and there were issues seating the magazine .  

She liked the purple ruger , until she tried racking the slide. She never even tried firing it.

We were talking 308 ar's and asked why I don't have one , she even said she wants one ! So I proceded to show her one that is listed by Steveo . Oh that's nice she said, how much? I said 3500 bucks, she almost choked on her wine......

Hahaha

View All Quotes

yours or your wifes????

Hahaha

Any pre ban lowers?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Newington gun exchange had an Ar15 and they also had two Mak90s .that corner of the store was kind of busy.

I didn't see any pre-ban at Hoffmans.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Tgs outdoors has a pre ban Uzi
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Ha ha ha! Yeah I think we're done for little bit .we were almost home and my wife was like ,"I can't believe I spent this much money today."

I laugh because if it was a diamond ring it be a total different story. She had no problem dropping $700 on a ring in St. Kitts last year.

I kept telling her during the cruise I hope the hell that thing is real because if not this going to be a real expensive lesson for you.

She had the ring appraised turned out it's worth 1600 bucks.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I may or may not know a guy with preban AKs and ARs
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Ha ha ha! Yeah I think we're done for little bit .we were almost home and my wife was like ,"I can't believe I spent this much money today."  

I laugh because if it was a diamond ring it be a total different story. She had no problem dropping $700 on a ring in St. Kitts last year.

I kept telling her during the cruise I hope the hell that thing is real because if not this going to be a real expensive lesson for you.

View All Quotes

mint!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Tbr1806:

View Quote
I'd like a colt pre ban. I have someone interested in my 80 Camaro hopefully he buys it soon.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#19]

I live about two minutes away from Two Roads, picked up a growler of a Honeyspot IPA a couple days ago. One of these days the wife and I keep saying we are going to get a sitter and go on the tour.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Tbr1806:

View Quote

I confirm this is a true story.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#21]

That's some dark looking stuff. I'm not much of a beer guy but id give it a try
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:

I live about two minutes away from Two Roads, picked up a growler of a Honeyspot IPA a couple days ago. One of these days the wife and I keep saying we are going to get a sitter and go on the tour.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NUcadet07:

Two Roads made a special cask of Igor ' s Dream Unorthodox Russian Imperial Stout just for Mcladdens and they tapped it last night at 6pm. 1st 24 people to buy a beer got a free glass bottle opener and sticker. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#23]
this is one of my favorites

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there a particular load you could get me started off with? I was probably going to run a 250gr , not sure which bullet yet.
View Quote

Trim to length: 2.714'

Bullet: Lapua 250gr Scenar

Powder: V V N165 76.4gr  around 2570fps   Max is 86.6gr giving 2835.  Varies of course rifle to rifle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:09:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bikerman9967] [#26]
Originally Posted By conndcj:

Powder: V V N165 76.4gr  around 2570fps   Max is 86.6gr giving 2835.  Varies of course rifle to rifle.
View All Quotes
Is there a particular load you could get me started off with? I was probably going to run a 250gr , not sure which bullet yet.

do you have any issues with the length trimmed that short?  i measured some of my crap loads and they were anywhere from 2.724-2.731 and they could feed just fine

eta.. big thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#27]

do you have any issues with the length trimmed that short?  i measured some of my crap loads and they were anywhere from 2.724-2.731 and they could feed just fine

View All Quotes

No issues.  Both Barnes and Lapua list 2.714" trim to lengths.  I can't wait to shoot mine.  It will eventually stop snowing....right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Also awaiting the end of the polar vortex:

Colt Match Target lower, LT 20" Stealth upper with KAC URX w/ 3.1 rail, Gemtech G5 suppressor, C-More 1-6x in LT SPR mount:

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#29]
And mo' long range-can't-wait-for-the-snow-to-leave-goodness:

Surgeon Scalpel 591 .308, S&B 5-25x56, SF 7.62SS suppressor:

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#30]
45 offset on a 308?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
45 offset on a 308?
View Quote

Yep.  For a T-2.  Belongs to my OBR.  Was trying it out to see how it works until I get my OBR back.  Nice mount but kind of big compared to a KAC.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#32]
For rapid target acquisition from your sniper hide?

I joke but only because I'm jealous... "My OBR I'd in the shop so I have to use this old thing! Time to dust off the Schmidt and Bender I guess". humble brag, not that that is anything wrong with that. I I had rifles like that I would be very proud of them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#34]

No issues.  Both Barnes and Lapua list 2.714" trim to lengths.  I can't wait to shoot mine.  It will eventually stop snowing....right?
View All Quotes

i can still shoot at our range. we enclose the house which all the benches are in. stays pretty warm in there
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
For rapid target acquisition from your sniper hide?

I joke but only because I'm jealous... "My OBR I'd in the shop so I have to use this old thing! Time to dust off the Schmidt and Bender I guess". humble brag, not that that is anything wrong with that. I I had rifles like that I would be very proud of them.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm real stealthy.  If I were in a ghillie suit I would look like a haystack with a rifle sticking out of it.  

Don't know about the bragging, humble or not.  Thousands of people have OBRs.  And take a look at snipershide some day.  I have ONE .308 bolt gun, many there have $50k in scopes let alone rifles.  Long distance can be a VERY expensive hobby.

Like I mentioned, I use the KAC mount on the Scalpel.  Much smaller.  The LT mount is for the OBR which is being cerekoted.  Once the Badger EFR is cerekoted and mounted I can mount my clip on KAC UNS.  Of course, finding somewhere to shoot at night has been somewhat problematic.

Someone asked about the age of the S&B.  It is an older one from Accuracy International that I got when I bought my AIAW .338LM.  Many people think the older S&Bs are superior qualitywise to the new ones.  I've seen some new ones and they look the same to me but I don't own one.  Old, new whatever, they are freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#36]
" />

Stopped for coffee with my mom and dad.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#37]
http://<a href=http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a593/tima1970/E8927205-855D-4E87-AEB6-C0D1E42DFDA2_zpsvgujqmdb.jpg" />

Stopped for coffee with my mom and dad.
View Quote

I usually just bring Mom some pastries but hey whatever works for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Pastries would never had made it there

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Now THAT I understand.  It's St.Joseph's zeppole season.  Total fat pills but sooooooo good.  In the New Haven area, hit Lucibello's.  Hartford go to Modern.  Damn, have to get some tomorrow.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Just added a chrome Wingmaster bolt to my 870P. Because it looks cool, that's why.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:27:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#41]

Originally Posted By ChiefBrody:

Just added a chrome Wingmaster bolt to my 870P. Because it looks cool, that's why.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv75/straycatkid/004_zpsfonb8e2z.jpg
View Quote

Looks nice. If you polish the action bars with that chrome bolt you will have a noticeably smoother action.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Now THAT I understand.  It's St.Joseph's zeppole season.  Total fat pills but sooooooo good.  In the New Haven area, hit Lucibello's.  Hartford go to Modern.  Damn, have to get some tomorrow.

View Quote
Modern was real good , lobstah tails

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#45]
<a href="http://s671.photobucket.com/user/straycatkid/media/004_zpsfonb8e2z.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv75/straycatkid/004_zpsfonb8e2z.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, I really like that 870. Its super clean.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#48]
It's sort of looking too pretty in the picture, I tend to shoot the snot out of that thing fairly often.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#49]

10mm, nice. Looks real clean.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#50]
It's sort of looking too pretty in the picture, I tend to shoot the snot out of that thing fairly often.
View Quote

Coulda fooled me - almost looks brand new.
Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top