Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Andrapos:

Everybody panic!!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikerman9967:
This is a typical flop storm to gain viewers . Change the outcome at the last minute. They had huge totals for the entire state up until last night. Then it quickly changed to the northwest corner getting the most snow while southeast getting mostly rain

Everybody panic!!!!!

I'm trying to
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Finally to page 82. I was getting sick of scrolling to the bottom on my phone
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]
What am I going to do with 75 loaves of bread and 50 gallons of milk?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By edgephoto:
What am I going to do with 75 loaves of bread and 50 gallons of milk?
View Quote

If you had a few dozen eggs you could have a French toast party
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#5]
We have about 6 inches here sofar
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Raining hard here
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
enfield is whiteout.  My neighbors are all out trying to clear their driveways right now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Whiteout here in Burlington.

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]
About 8'' here, just turned to a "wintery mix". I'm not going outside, but it's moving too quick for snow and too slow for rain, so I'm guessing that in between shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By inmyshadow:
enfield is whiteout.  My neighbors are all out trying to clear their driveways right now.
View Quote

E Windsor reporting in. Looks about 12-14". Had to put my dick in the snow twice to make sure...only came up halfway...
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Are we talkin full or half chub here?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone can reach the dirt here.  We have about two inches of slush, it has been raining for about six hours.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#13]
There was yellow snow under my truck
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gordo556] [#14]
Originally Posted By Leon82:
View Quote

My work van and girlfriends jeep had the same.

There is no yellow fluid taken in any of my vehicles. I even sniffed it and it didn't smell like cat piss either. Not sure wtf it is.

Found this. Here. I did get home at 430am so it makes sense I guess
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jgreen2193:

There is no yellow fluid taken in any of my vehicles. I even sniffed it and it didn't smell like cat piss either. Not sure wtf it is.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jgreen2193:
Originally Posted By Leon82:

Interesting, so its basically group8's fault
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd say so.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By milecreekmustang:
Anyone can reach the dirt here.  We have about two inches of slush, it has been raining for about six hours.
View Quote

Yup.  Total letdown as usual.   4" of snow followed with rain since 11am.  

So much for the 16-24" they told me on Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CTjer:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CTjer:
Originally Posted By milecreekmustang:

It's all about the tv ratings
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Some of us got 18-24"

It was quite a bit more but it rained from 1-3ish then turned back to snow. Miserable stuff to clean up, a saturated 16 or so inches
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By zegermanznew:

Some of us got 18-24"

It was quite a bit more but it rained from 1-3ish then turned back to snow. Miserable stuff to clean up, a saturated 16 or so inches
View Quote

Difficult to get exact measurement but I would say at least 16" maybe 18" or 20". Snow followed by sleet, rain, and more snow.

My snow thrower was working hard today. The stuff was like cement.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#21]
I got similar results as my homeys Edge and Zegerman. Probably 16", but rained/sleet for a couple hours so the stuff is HEAVY.

ETA: Ellington
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I just took the dog out for the last time tonight and it appears we got another 1-2 inches since I finished shoveling in the rain at 7pm.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:14:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bikerman9967] [#23]

Some of us got 18-24"

View All Quotes

Some of us got 18-24"

right, but no where near what they were saying to warrant closing ALL of the state roads. 95 was shut down with bare roads till 5pm.

businesses could have stayed open but instead had to stay closed due to a travel ban
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:57:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zegermanznew] [#24]

right, but no where near what they were saying to warrant closing ALL of the state roads. 95 was shut down with bare roads till 5pm.

businesses could have stayed open but instead had to stay closed due to a travel ban
View Quote

I think Fox61 had it pretty dead on for the whole week leading up, I think they were calling for rain on the shoreline for the previous few days at least IIRC. At the worst Dan Amarante and Joe Fury are both upfront about when they aren't sure about something which I can appreciate.

Shutting down roads is an add on fine. You're free to use them at your own risk. If you end up needing assistance, though, like if you get stuck on 84, it's gonna cost you, and perhaps it should. Every time they showed the traffic cams on the news there were a couple cars on the highways.

I used the roads yesterday between 9-12, and there were quite a few businesses open during the blizzard and we were getting hammered in my AO. I can say with certainty, if a cops sees you moving down the road, he is NOT going to stop you to write a ticket. Nor does he want to stop himself. If he needs to come assist you because you're stuck in a drift though, you're probably gonna get a ticket.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#25]

I think Fox61 had it pretty dead on for the whole week leading up, I think they were calling for rain on the shoreline for the previous few days at least IIRC. At the worst Dan Amarante and Joe Fury are both upfront about when they aren't sure about something which I can appreciate.

Shutting down roads is an add on fine. You're free to use them at your own risk. If you end up needing assistance, though, like if you get stuck on 84, it's gonna cost you, and perhaps it should. Every time they showed the traffic cams on the news there were a couple cars on the highways.

I used the roads yesterday between 9-12, and there were quite a few businesses open during the blizzard and we were getting hammered in my AO. I can say with certainty, if a cops sees you moving down the road, he is NOT going to stop you to write a ticket. Nor does he want to stop himself. If he needs to come assist you because you're stuck in a drift though, you're probably gonna get a ticket.
View Quote

If you are stuck or off the road you not only will get a ticket for violating the Police State's no travel order you will most likely get a "too fast for conditions" ticket as well.

As much as I like when there are no cars on the road, giving out tickets and ordering people to stay in is BS. The statement should be something to the effect of "This storm will be taxing our resources so please do not go out unless you absolutely have to. All state offices are closed. I urge businesses to think of their employees and families and close for the duration of the storm."
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

my father in law was pulled over .

in a state truck
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By edgephoto:

If you are stuck or off the road you not only will get a ticket for violating the Police State's no travel order you will most likely get a "too fast for conditions" ticket as well.

As much as I like when there are no cars on the road, giving out tickets and ordering people to stay in is BS. The statement should be something to the effect of "This storm will be taxing our resources so please do not go out unless you absolutely have to. All state offices are closed. I urge businesses to think of their employees and families and close for the duration of the storm."
View Quote

I agree entirely.

Less government is best government!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#28]

in a state truck
View Quote

A guy was pulled over riding a bicycle on Rt2 also. Hahahaha

I personally drove right past two cops without issue.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#29]

A guy was pulled over riding a bicycle on Rt2 also. HahahahaI personally drove right past two cops without issue.
http://sensesofcinema.com/assets/uploads/2012/07/tumblr_m4uj6ibF0R1qetwo1o6_500.jpg
View All Quotes

in a state truck

A guy was pulled over riding a bicycle on Rt2 also. HahahahaI personally drove right past two cops without issue.
http://sensesofcinema.com/assets/uploads/2012/07/tumblr_m4uj6ibF0R1qetwo1o6_500.jpg

you animal
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#30]
How about a little Irish sushi? Corned beef, dill and chive mashed potatoes, wrapped in steamed cabbage with buttermilk dill sauce topped with whole mustard seed soaked in Guinness

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#31]
How about a little Irish sushi? Corned beef, dill and chive mashed potatoes, wrapped in steamed cabbage with buttermilk dill sauce topped with whole mustard seed soaked in Guinness

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347895/IMG-4581-168256.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347895/IMG-4582-168257.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347895/IMG-4583-168259.JPG
View Quote
Well damn.  Just damn.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Dude, you've been stepping up your game, freakin nice. Were the mustard seeds overpowering? Looks amazing btw, and creativity is over the top.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#33]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347895/IMG-4581-168256.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347895/IMG-4582-168257.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/347895/IMG-4583-168259.JPG
View Quote
I like your roll homeee.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:29:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bikerman9967] [#34]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
Dude, you've been stepping up your game, freakin nice. Were the mustard seeds overpowering? Looks amazing btw, and creativity is over the top.
View Quote
Thank you. The mustard is actually very mild once soaked. You can buy small jars of it at local stores or make it yourself
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Creative.  Never would have thought of something like that.  

Looks good too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 6:17:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikerman9967] [#36]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#37]
You win page 82
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks heavy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Which attachment did you use on your Dremel, and how long did it take you?  That came out great and I'd like to try on one of my spares.
View All Quotes
Which attachment did you use on your Dremel, and how long did it take you?  That came out great and I'd like to try on one of my spares.
Used a file like a true pro
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
And I thought you used a Narwhal tooth, Sliver spray paint,  looks great
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:44:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#42]

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JohnsMyName:
Dan, is that you? 
View All Quotes
He'd have more posts than that!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:58:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Iraq_Vet_SSG] [#45]
Rough weekend

cam and lifters shredded.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#46]
That time of the year again!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
That time of the year again!
http://i63.tinypic.com/28ho877.jpg
View Quote
Ha! I was in my attic today, just to reset our home made mouse traps. So far, we've gotten 2 since Sunday.
Attachment Attached File

Kids giving them a swim.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#48]
Haha nice, that picture immediately reminded me of this scene from starship troopers!
Starship Troopers - Do Your Part - Kids Squashing Bugs

But that's awesome that you make your own!
I like the glue traps......they work just don't check on them too quick, unless you want to see the saddest death imaginable....

I actually had to move a mouse trap with a dead mouse in it in this attic.  Mouse traps everywhere though!  I had to go around and set them off so I wouldn't accidentally get my finger caught in one!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Pink
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#50]
What do you guys find the best indoor mouse trap is?

ETA: I have mice in my workshop, mouse shit all over my bench 
Page / 164
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top