Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 4:37:03 PM EDT
I officially have no more room in the safe.

Debating whether to buy another safe and how to sort everything out.

I barely have room for my current Cannon safe, but it resides in my apartment bedroom's closet. I guess I could find room for another....

Here are my ideas:

1) Buy a small cheap ass safe like a StackOn dedicated to rimfire, of which i own 3 rifles and 2 handguns in .22lr
2) Buy a slightly larger cheap ass safe to move all my Curio firearms to, of which there are 11 rifles and 2 handguns
3) Buy a small but rugged safe to move my "heavy duty" stuff to, of which there are 2 evil style rifles and 2 shotguns

What would you guys do? And what brands/types would you recommend?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
invest in a big boy safe

don't be a faggot
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait till Good Friday. Tractor supply sells canon 48 gun safes for like 900 bucks
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
invest in a big boy safe

don't be a faggot
View Quote

wow

i guess that solves it
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Tractor supply winchester ts-22-11 for 650.00 much better than stackon in that price range
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no room for another full size safe at the moment. Not enough space to upgrade either, as a bigger one won't fit in the closet.

Thinking of getting the smaller one to put in the corner of the bedroom or in another closet which has a little bit of room.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
just go with the $100+ Stack-on for your rimfire

you upgrade when you have the space and cash. no biggie
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I officially have no more room in the safe.

Debating whether to buy another safe and how to sort everything out.

I barely have room for my current Cannon safe, but it resides in my apartment bedroom's closet. I guess I could find room for another....

Here are my ideas:

1) Buy a small cheap ass safe like a StackOn dedicated to rimfire, of which i own 3 rifles and 2 handguns in .22lr
2) Buy a slightly larger cheap ass safe to move all my Curio firearms to, of which there are 11 rifles and 2 handguns
3) Buy a small but rugged safe to move my "heavy duty" stuff to, of which there are 2 evil style rifles and 2 shotguns

What would you guys do? And what brands/types would you recommend?
View Quote

22 guns and your maxed out? Gotta always start with bigger when considering safes. I bought the biggest safe I could afford and its.............. got no more room. I guess its good that I will never be able to legally own all of the things I want cause it took me forever to buy the first safe!- Survived a burglary with no guns missing!. Fuck you Malloy and Ct state legislature!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
A safe? Aint no body got time fo dat." />
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
My fiance is gonna kill me when she realizes the latest acquisition (carcano from the EE) doesn't fit.

The agreement was "once the safe was full, no more".

The safe was full halfway through last year, but i kept finding space by rearranging things in the perfect order. I literally can't take stuff out because I can't get it back in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
22 guns and your maxed out? Gotta always start with bigger when considering safes. I bought the biggest safe I could afford and its.............. got no more room. I guess its good that I will never be able to legally own all of the things I want cause it took me forever to buy the first safe!- Survived a burglary with no guns missing!. Fuck you Malloy and Ct state legislature!
View Quote

22 are just the ones that fall into certain categories.

Won't disclose exactly how many, but much more than 22.

This is what I currently have:

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://assets.academy.com/mgen/55/10156755.jpg?is=500,500
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://assets.academy.com/mgen/55/10156755.jpg?is=500,500

take out shelving= more room
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Take out shelving then line them alternating rows of  muzzle up muzzle down

I'd guess you can fit close to 60
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Do like marky mark from the movie shooter, and swap +  modify your firing pins.
So thief goes click instead of boom
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#14]
No sales tax on CT gun safes from what I've heard.... Check out Hartford Safe and Lock...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Take out shelving then line them alternating rows of  muzzle up muzzle down

I'd guess you can fit close to 60
View Quote

Maybe even 1000
Conservative side, of course!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
My brother has been a manager of a big sporting goods store in another state for 30 years.  He has 3 safes full of guns and enjoys them all.  Invest in another safe.  Remember the guy that dies with the most toys wins!

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I been looking around, but for the price of a Cheap StackOn, I could just get another decent quality safe from CostCo. Decisions decisions.

I remember when the cheap ass StackOn's cabinets went for like $80, and the safes $200.

Has the panic increased the cost of safes like it did for guns?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My brother has been a manager of a big sporting goods store in another state for 30 years.  He has 3 safes full of guns and enjoys them all.  Invest in another safe.  Remember the guy that dies with the most toys wins!

View Quote

I don't have kids and that's still years down the road, but the thought has crossed my mind.

No one in my family that's passed away has collected anything worth keeping. I'd like to be able to leave my kids with more than just money 50 years from now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#19]
just pile your guns on the floor like we do in the armory.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#20]

sexy ass coffee table!! wouldnt mind having one like that lol

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I need an upgrade as well.  My 8 gun safe now holds 15 long guns.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:04:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Get a heavy steal door and a good lock set for the biggest closet you have
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:58:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I been looking around, but for the price of a Cheap StackOn, I could just get another decent quality safe from CostCo. Decisions decisions.

I remember when the cheap ass StackOn's cabinets went for like $80, and the safes $200.

Has the panic increased the cost of safes like it did for guns?
View Quote

Stack-On 6 cu. ft. 10 Gun Key Lock Security Cabinet from Home Depot $112
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/s720x720/428373_10151268828238212_313737275_n.jpg
View Quote

Who you kidding...thats Cobras basement and you know it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/s720x720/428373_10151268828238212_313737275_n.jpg

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH  he has no monies for that, only for large impulse buy trucks.  

but one day we may have one of those, after the SOT stuff goes through
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I dunno how I did it, but i just fit another long gun in the safe. Door barely closes, but it does.

Castration by the sO postponed until a later time. And more time to shop for a second safe/cabinet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top