Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 10:57:35 AM EDT
http://www.groupon.com/deals/connecticut-firearms-training-shooters-pistol-range

Sorry if I committed COC violation but have not seen this since we all lost out
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Fine print mentions UT. permit.  Is this for that permit, the UT one?  The ad is not clear.

Yes, I will call them tomorrow for clarification.  Just wondering if you knew one way or the other.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fine print mentions UT. permit.  Is this for that permit, the UT one?  The ad is not clear.

Yes, I will call them tomorrow for clarification.  Just wondering if you knew one way or the other.
View Quote

I have no idea

I only posted cause groupon company policy after that shitty day was to not advertise gun promotions

some how they had a change of heart, it must be the almighty dollar
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
We had an instructor last year that was advertising in groupon for a similar price.

He wasn't providing the actual certificates, instead a photo copy of one.  He also did not provide a book..... WTF?

We changed our range policy requiring proof of insurance, it weeded out about 50% of the instructors.

~g

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]
According to the NRA training guide, the instructor has to provide a complete kit... book, certificate, standard nra propaganda and a sweet rocker patch. I also provide a wallet card with my course...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had an instructor last year that was advertising in groupon for a similar price.

He wasn't providing the actual certificates, instead a photo copy of one.  He also did not provide a book..... WTF?

We changed our range policy requiring proof of insurance, it weeded out about 50% of the instructors.

~g

View Quote

I am very strict with my instructor policies. I have booted several for sub standard training. There has been a lot of abuse of the instructor credentials going around and these IDIOTS that abuse it for a quick buck are hurting our community as a whole. The NRA is cracking down and I have heard of several revocations in CT.

If you read the fine print it says:

In a Nutshell

During the four-hour course, expert instructors delve into gun safety, loading, storage, and transport

This is most likely a UTAH course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top