Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 4:52:10 PM EDT
Looks like the "Ares SCR" maybe making progress. Looks like I will have to SBR something else now.

Ares SCR

EDIT: This site was taking "pre-orders" earlier today.. but it has been removed now.

Rumored estimated retail is between $800 and $900.

Vid:

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
So does this use a proprietary bolt group or a spring set up under the hand guard?  Ie.....where is the buffer replacement?

Finally though!  I hope they make em and they are good.  I will buy it.

RRA has a set up that has no buffer....but Ive never seen the parts inside.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
below is a link with a pic of the RRA PDS system.   I think this would be best to use in a design like the above.  Hopefully thisis happening.

RRA could probably do is already.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?86585-How-many-different-piston-driven-designs-are-there-for-the-AR/page2
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks like the "Ares SCR" maybe making progress. Looks like I will have to SBR something else now.

Ares SCR

EDIT: This site was taking "pre-orders" earlier today.. but it has been removed now.

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6elD6aVw6JE

View Quote

I like it! I am actually surprised that I like. not sure if I would buy one but I do like it.
Do not pre order- people still waiting for their shrikes-
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.
But
Does the AAC 300bo upper use a piston and or a special bolt and carrier as mentioned in the video???
Don';t have the travel as of using a buffer tube
I don't get it
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This rifle looks like it could be CT legal with a side charging upper.

Isn't the stock charging handle an issue with the new ban, because it is over the hand when you retract it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Goddamnit. I'm trying to save for a house..
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like it! I am actually surprised that I like. not sure if I would buy one but I do like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ares SCR
Vid:

ya same here......  i didn't laugh and go "HA! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" when i first saw it.  i am VERY interested to see how it works with no buffer.

also this the same Aries as the original Shrike?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you guys look at the m4 carbine link?  Above?  It has a pic of the rra system.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ya same here......  i didn't laugh and go "HA! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" when i first saw it.  i am VERY interested to see how it works with no buffer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ares SCR
Vid:

I'd rather have one of these than one of those gay NY Compliant rifles.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ares SCR
Vid:

To each state his own!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Isn't the stock charging handle an issue with the new ban, because it is over the hand when you retract it?
View Quote

My thoughts exactly!  However, this rifle goes quite a way towards a CT legal AR.  The RRA piston upper style would certainly do the trick, but raise the price, and prevent you from using other uppers.  If the proposed price point is around $900, and additional mods would be needed to make it legal here, a pre-ban is still the way to go (until they close that option).
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
i want one to SBR just for Ha Ha's.  or get an SOT and make it a post MG hahaha.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:17:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly! However, this rifle goes quite a way towards a CT legal AR.  The RRA piston upper style would certainly do the trick, but raise the price, and prevent you from using other uppers.  If the proposed price point is around $900, and additional mods would be needed to make it legal here, a pre-ban is still the way to go (until they close that option).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly! However, this rifle goes quite a way towards a CT legal AR.  The RRA piston upper style would certainly do the trick, but raise the price, and prevent you from using other uppers.  If the proposed price point is around $900, and additional mods would be needed to make it legal here, a pre-ban is still the way to go (until they close that option).

Yep. Give it time. There is a solution to every problem. Eventually some engineer will come up with a completely "CT legal" AR-15 semiautomatic detachable magazine centerfire post 1994 manufactured rifle. The question is can they make enough money with such a design to justify their time and effort to design and manufacture such a rifle that will pretty much only be sold to a few thousand people in two or three states.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep. Give it time. There is a solution to every problem. Eventually some engineer will come up with a completely "CT legal" AR-15 semiautomatic detachable magazine centerfire post 1994 manufactured rifle. The question is can they make enough money with such a design to justify their time and effort to design and manufacture such a rifle that will pretty much only be sold to a few thousand people in two or three states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed!  But since more and more states appear to be moving over to the Blue side of the spectrum, such a design could be an investment in the future!  If Troy Industries thought it worthwhile to produce a pump action AR style rifle, with far more proprietary parts than this design, maybe this design that uses a large number of AR parts could be profitable?  The main issue is the outrages price of the current side charging upper systems, that would truly price a lot of people out of the market.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#17]
The following picture of the BCG supposedly used on the Areas SCR was posted over on CTGT and if its legit then it probably wouldn't be CT legal because a part of the bolt would appear to run down into the stock, and I assume connect to a spring of some sort. As such it would appear constitute a portion of the "action of the weapon" being directly above the fingers of the trigger hand even though they use a "palm swell" grip which SLFU previously indicated was a legal stock.

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#18]
So won't it work with the rra pds upper though?  Then legal.  This law is a real fucking violation of our rights.  God damn it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#19]
does it come in .300blk?

that would be ill as fvck.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I read somewhere that you can swap the bolt face( don't know the correct term) and put the different caliber one on the carrier group...don't hold me 100% but I did a little research on it.
They are doing a 762x39 300blk and 223/556
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:52:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Its possible that if one uses the AR MR2 magazine device or other similar magazine locking devices (not a bullet button) on this Ares SCR rifle then it might get around the stupid "semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine" language since it would no longer have a detachable magazine. Of course then your limited to 10 round magazines, and its possible the state could view any large capacity AR-15 magazines you may have as a "part" to create an assault weapon there by making the SCR a potential AW under the stupid wording of the AWB law.

The engineers are getting there. Give them time, eventually they will come up with a CT compliant AR-15 (of post 9/13/94 manufacture), only issue will be is it worth their time and effort to manufacture, market, and sell such a firearm to a few hundred or (a few thousand) people in CT.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:55:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Its possible that if one uses the AR MR2 magazine device or other similar magazine locking devices (not a bullet button) on this Ares SCR rifle then it might get around the stupid "semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine" language since it would no longer have a detachable magazine. Of course then your limited to 10 round magazines, and its possible the state could view any large capacity AR-15 magazines you may have as a "part" to create an assault weapon there by making the SCR a potential AW under the stupid wording of the AWB law.

The engineers are getting there. Give them time, eventually they will come up with a CT compliant AR-15 (of post 9/13/94 manufacture), only issue will be is it worth their time and effort to manufacture, market, and sell such a firearm to a few hundred or (a few thousand) people in CT.
View Quote

No need to. This is a new platform that copies a mini 14 style rifle. Which has the same features as the scr. So how would this be illegal in ct... It has no pistol grip, and I'm sure they will sell one with either a crown job or muzzle break.
Your not allowed to have any features with a semi auto center fire with detatchable magazine.  This has no evil features as long as the muzzle device is in terms and conditions within the state guide lines
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:08:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The following picture of the BCG supposedly used on the Areas SCR was posted over on CTGT and if its legit then it probably wouldn't be CT legal because a part of the bolt would appear to run down into the stock, and I assume connect to a spring of some sort. As such it would appear constitute a portion of the "action of the weapon" being directly above the fingers of the trigger hand even though they use a "palm swell" grip which SLFU previously indicated was a legal stock.

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/P1060530.jpg
View Quote

Maybe, maybe not.   That's in the "what if" category as far as I am concerned.

Really, what we need is a saiga sported that takes AR mags to get to where we want.  But the ares  solution does give us the ability to use the wealth of AR accessories out there (upper half at least).
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#24]
They should just offer complete lowers that are priced solidly under preban lowers.  

You could throw on a Faxon ARAK upper and be good to go currently in both 556 and 300BLK (forward charging handle).

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:56:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They should just offer complete lowers that are priced solidly under preban lowers.  

You could throw on a Faxon ARAK upper and be good to go currently in both 556 and 300BLK (forward charging handle).

https://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/e8d1aa656c63a3f007a74e1d621ad768.jpg
View Quote

+1.  Was just thinking of these uppers.   And thought of this rifle when I was planning to redue my SBR with a side folding stock and their upper.

And to the guy above saying its like a mini 14.... It's not because the recoil tube (part of the action) is in the stock. Similar to semi shotguns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.   That's in the "what if" category as far as I am concerned.

Really, what we need is a saiga sported that takes AR mags to get to where we want.  But the ares  solution does give us the ability to use the wealth of AR accessories out there (upper half at least).
View Quote

What you really need is a Saiga Sporter in .223 + one of these bad boys:

http://www.canisdesigngroup.com/m4-magazine-adapter-for-ak.html
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#27]
They haven't imported any 223 saigas in a fucking eon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top