Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Boltface flag came in today. Now I gotta make a pole this weekend - Im thinking a forty footer.

Boom, 7 pages.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you get the 2x4 flag or 3x5?  The 3x5 is ginormous.  I was going to run it on a 26' pole, anything higher than that and it would be hell in the wind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boltface flag came in today. Now I gotta make a pole this weekend - Im thinking a forty footer.

Boom, 7 pages.

Did you get the 2x4 flag or 3x5?  The 3x5 is ginormous.  I was going to run it on a 26' pole, anything higher than that and it would be hell in the wind.

3x5

Im thinking Ill hang 2x4 Gadsden and Moultrie flags below it, too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a large pickup so what are the best places to park (parking garage)? Can I park in the capital parking garage? or is that restricted?
Is there another parking garage on Oak street? That is the street directy straight off highway ramp (coming from 84 east).
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a large pickup so what are the best places to park (parking garage)? Can I park in the capital parking garage? or is that restricted?
Is there another parking garage on Oak street? That is the street directy straight off highway ramp (coming from 84 east).
View Quote

http://hartfordparking.hartford.gov/map2009_new.gif
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://hartfordparking.hartford.gov/map2009_new.gif

Thank you for that.

ETA: I've added it to the OP.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#7]
So, combined with the info from the other thread linking to the GD, we're going to likely have a decent turnout representing Arfcom.

I'm gonna bring 200 of those little pocket sized Constitution booklets to hand out. Although no one is allowed to sell anything while on the capital property or in the park behind it... We CAN accept "donations". Not that I'm looking to make money or anything... But to at least get back half of what I spend to buy these little things in the first place. The ones I have my eyes on, are .90 cents each. That adds up.

I'm gonna' be getting there pretty early, to claim a good spot and set up the tables and canopy. I'll bring a few sheets of plywood as well, to stand on, in case the ground is soft. Chris Duffy (in charge of the events) says he's not 100% sure where that'll be, until the day before the rally. So, we'll see. I'll also have a bunch of zip-ties and little clamps to tie or hang stuff off the canopy.

Is there anything else that anyone here would like to include/bring, to promote our cause?

Anyone wanna' bring Box(s) O' Joe from Dunkin' Donuts for us or for others?

Maybe some "Fuck Malloy" stickers? Or any other propaganda you'd want to offer to fellow patriots?

I also recommend exchanging cell phone numbers for that day, if you guys want to organize.

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, combined with the info from the other thread linking to the GD, we're going to likely have a decent turnout representing Arfcom.

I'm gonna bring 200 of those little pocket sized Constitution booklets to hand out. Although no one is allowed to sell anything while on the capital property or in the park behind it... We CAN accept "donations". Not that I'm looking to make money or anything... But to at least get back half of what I spend to buy these little things in the first place. The ones I have my eyes on, are .90 cents each. That adds up.

I'm gonna' be getting there pretty early, to claim a good spot and set up the tables and canopy. I'll bring a few sheets of plywood as well, to stand on, in case the ground is soft. Chris Duffy (in charge of the events) says he's not 100% sure where that'll be, until the day before the rally. So, we'll see. I'll also have a bunch of zip-ties and little clamps to tie or hang stuff off the canopy.

Is there anything else that anyone here would like to include/bring, to promote our cause?

Anyone wanna' bring Box(s) O' Joe from Dunkin' Donuts for us or for others?

Maybe some "Fuck Malloy" stickers? Or any other propaganda you'd want to offer to fellow patriots?

I also recommend exchanging cell phone numbers for that day, if you guys want to organize.

View Quote

...and, God forbid, the future...
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I know. Scary thought. But "you never know", ya' know?

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there with about 12 other guys. We're heading up first thing in the morning In a passenger van.

Let Freedom Ring!
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking I may go up early and try to park my truck in the lot right against the grass.

I was also thinking about stopping at Costco and filling the bed with bottled water and some boxes of Joe, and then leaving a jar for donations to be turned over to the CCDL at the end.

Any opinions on that?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#12]
The gun grabbing cunts are heating up.

Someone forwarded an email to CCDL, that was sent out by Newtown Action Alliance...

"Dear Friends,

Things are heating up in Connecticut – and we need your help to respond!!

Gun rights activists are holding a rally at the Capitol in Hartford on Saturday, April 5, to protest the requirement that they register their assault rifles and high capacity magazines. They are demanding that the historic law we passed last year be repealed by May 7 or state-provoked chaos and violence could result; and they are targeting for defeat all legislators who voted yes on that bill.
They are even going so far as to encourage their supporters to attend the rally carrying handguns.

We MUST respond to this, but we do not intend to confront them on that day. Instead, Connecticut’s gun safety groups are united in asking our supporters to take two simple actions:

· On Friday, April 4 you will receive an action alert asking you to call your legislators at 9:30 a.m. to remind them that you support strong gun safety legislation. That alert will have all the information you need to do this critical 5-minute task.
· Click here NOW to participate in a social media Thunderclap that will go public at 12 noon on Saturday, April 5
Our message is simple: We support the gun safety legislation that was passed in 2013, and we thank those legislators who stood with us by voting yes on An Act Concerning Gun Violence Prevention and School Safety.

The opposition has been dominating the media with their blog posts, verbal threats, and their aggressive election activities. And they are taking credit for legislators who are choosing not to run again, even though we know those decisions had nothing to do with their vote on the bill.

That is why it is critical that you make your voice heard. We have to convince our legislators that we are not going away and our numbers greatly surpass those of our opposition.
Please forward this message to all of your friends. This must be our largest response ever. We must unite quickly and let legislators know that we will not be intimidated by these tactics, but will stand with them as they stood with us.

Click here NOW to join the Thunderclap, and watch your email on Friday, April 4 for details on the 9:30 a.m. phone call!!

Thank you, your participation is critical and appreciated.

- The NAA and our Connecticut Alliance Partners

Newtown Action Alliance by NewtownAction
PO Box 3325 Newtown, CT 06470 USA

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:52:58 AM EDT
[#13]
So... everyone from every state in the Union start calling the CT legislators' lines starting at 9:20?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So... everyone from every state in the Union start calling the CT legislators' lines starting at 9:20?  
View Quote

9:15...
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:08:56 AM EDT
[#15]
CAVG has also jumped on the bandwagon...
http://t.congressweb.com/w/?FRQRKWZJFU

Things are heating up – and we need your help to respond!!

Gun rights activists are holding a rally at the Capitol on Saturday, April 5, to protest the requirement that they register their assault rifles and high capacity magazines. They are demanding that the historic law we passed last year be repealed by May 7 or state-provoked chaos and violence could result; and they are targeting for defeat all legislators who voted yes on that bill.

They are even going so far as to encourage their supporters to attend the rally carrying handguns.

We MUST respond to this, but we do not intend to confront them on that day. Instead, Connecticut’s gun safety groups are united in asking our supporters to take two simple actions:
• On Friday, April 4 you will receive an action alert asking you to call your legislators at 9:30 a.m. to remind them that you support strong gun safety legislation. That alert will have all the information you need to do this critical 5-minute task.

• Click here NOW to participate in a social media Thunderclap that will go public at 12 noon on Saturday, April 5

Our message is simple:  We support the gun safety legislation that was passed in 2013, and we thank those legislators who stood with us by voting yes on An Act Concerning Gun Violence Prevention and School Safety.

The opposition has been dominating the media with their blog posts, verbal threats, and their aggressive election activities. And they are taking credit for legislators who are choosing not to run again, even though we know those decisions had nothing to do with their vote on the bill.

That is why it is critical that you make your voice heard. We have to convince our legislators that we are not going away and our numbers greatly surpass those of our opposition.

Please forward this message to all of your friends. This must be our largest response ever. We must unite quickly and let legislators know that we will not be intimidated by these tactics, but will stand with them as they stood with us.

Click here NOW to join the Thunderclap, and watch your email on Friday, April 4 for details on the 9:30 a.m. phone call!!

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#16]
what is this thunderclap they speak of?

we need that  link asap
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#17]
well i just created a thunderclap

waiting for approval in 3 days

will post here, and make a new thread on it once approved
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what is this thunderclap they speak of?

we need that  link asap
View Quote

A "crowd speaking platform" website

According to the website: "If enough people support it, Thunderclap will blast out a timed Facebook Post or Tweet from all your supporters, creating a wave of attention."

Sounds like something our side could use pretty easily, huh?

ETA: N/m - apparently you know!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We MUST respond to this, but we do not intend to confront them on that day.

View Quote

PUSSIES
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 3:12:43 AM EDT
[#20]
forget my thunderclap

CT Carry started one right after mine

that one will reach more people

Anti-rights groups have announced that they will protest a gun rights rally planned for April 5th using social media and creating a 'thunderclap'.

Our response is to counterattack. We will need help from every single person reading this to make a thunderclap that makes their efforts look petty and silly.

First:
Go to the linked site and choose to 'support' this campaign with any of the following that you have an account for:

Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr

This costs you NOTHING. All you are doing is granting permission for the well known, secure site to post the message you see on that page to your social media account on April 5th at 12:00pm. It is easy as a few clicks to embarrass the anti-rights cultists that are hurting gun owners in Connecticut.

If you don't have an account on one of these sites, please consider starting one. Social media is a very important tool for us.

Second:
Spread this link as far and wide as possible. The supporters currently say 'of 250'. We do not plan to stop there. We will be increasing this number as we progress. There is no upper limit to our campaign.

People do not need to be in Connecticut to support this campaign, invite all of your friends, family and organizations in whatever states they might be in to crush these collectivists. Share this post with everyone on your friends list, and email to your contacts.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10251-connecticut-chooses-liberty?locale=en
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 3:56:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Has this been cross posted to GD for a firemission?

It needs to be.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

PUSSIES
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We MUST respond to this, but we do not intend to confront them on that day.

PUSSIES

Pain

Ignore them.

They are the extremists remember.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:00:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I take off my robe and wizard hat and unleash my THUNDERCLAPP

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:02:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It needs to be.
View Quote

i dont know how to hot link it

someone who does, please post whats above in GD
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It needs to be.

Ok, I will.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:31:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Pain

Ignore them.

View Quote

They are all drama queens. I've dealt with them for over 30 years.
Why don't they assemble across the street if they hate us so bad? They will be home under lock and key, afraid of us, peeking out the windows until we leave.

Pussies.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:41:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why don't they assemble across the street if they hate us so bad? They will be home under lock and key, afraid of us, peeking out the windows until we leave.

Pussies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pain

Ignore them.

Pussies.

Incorrect. They will take advantage of the day, and go grocery shopping.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Incorrect. They will take advantage of the day, and go groceryshopping for bricks of .22.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I just received a "Thunderclap" support request from Ct Carry,  here it is:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10251-connecticut-chooses-liberty

Support it, beat the Commies at their own game.https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10251-connecticut-chooses-liberty
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Just joined Facebook so I could support this. Perhaps we should attempt to "friend" our legislators, particularly those who voted for the bill.

ETA: If nothing else, we would keep them occupied denying friend requests!
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been posting this link at various times, on various pages and groups on Facebook, all day.

It's the most active "Thunderclap" on their site right now. In less than a day, it'll reach the goal.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I've been posting this link at various times, on various pages and groups on Facebook, all day.

It's the most active "Thunderclap" on their site right now. In less than a day, it'll reach the goal.
View Quote

past the goal already, with less outreach then the dbags have, so we are better as of now

keep it up guys
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The gun grabbing cunts are heating up.

Someone forwarded an email to CCDL, that was sent out by Newtown Action Alliance...

"Dear Friends,

Things are heating up in Connecticut – and we need your help to respond!!

Gun rights activists are holding a rally at the Capitol in Hartford on Saturday, April 5, to protest the requirement that they register their assault rifles and high capacity magazines. They are demanding that the historic law we passed last year be repealed by May 7 or state-provoked chaos and violence could result; and they are targeting for defeat all legislators who voted yes on that bill.

· On Friday, April 4 you will receive an action alert asking you to call your legislators at 9:30 a.m. to remind them that you support strong gun safety legislation. That alert will have all the information you need to do this critical 5-minute task.
· Click here NOW to participate in a social media Thunderclap that will go public at 12 noon on Saturday, April 5
Our message is simple: We support the gun safety legislation that was passed in 2013, and we thank those legislators who stood with us by voting yes on An Act Concerning Gun Violence Prevention and School Safety.

- The NAA and our Connecticut Alliance Partners

Newtown Action Alliance by NewtownAction
PO Box 3325 Newtown, CT 06470 USA

View Quote

Did I miss something...?
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I need a ride up from Shelton for next week, anybody nearby? Don't want to drive my dually up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#35]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_gIzir5LE

Get the word out!
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Get the word out!
View Quote

Only 2 "m"s in the second amendment.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Get the word out!
View Quote

hot link
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Looks like a rain event. Newtown moms are laughing at us. I WILL be there. I will bring rain gear if need be.
Let us stand in the rain to prove our resolve. What our fathers and their fathers done to shape this country, they weren't quitters, nor am I.

OK Newtown ladies, you better get inside now until the bad people with guns leave.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:16:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks like a rain event. Newtown moms are laughing at us. I WILL be there. I will bring rain gear if need be.
Let us stand in the rain to prove our resolve. What our fathers and their fathers done to shape this country, they weren't quitters, nor am I.

OK Newtown ladies, you better get inside now until the bad people with guns leave.
View Quote

Tha only thing the rain has me thinking about is carrying my XDM instead of my 1911...don't want to get that rusty!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:56:11 AM EDT
[#40]
HA!

Rain? Big deal. Get wet. Get angry. Get loud!

And carry a Glock in the rain.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:09:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I was sorta secretly hoping for inclimate weather - so's we can show off our rugged prowess and dedication. Freedom takes a back seat to nothing, freedom endures all.

I work in it, I fish and hike in it - you're damn right Ill stand in it in the name of freedom.

It sends a stronger message.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:20:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was sorta secretly hoping for inclimate weather - so's we can show off our rugged prowess and dedication. Freedom takes a back seat to nothing, freedom endures all.

I work in it, I fish and hike in it - you're damn right Ill stand in it in the name of freedom.

View Quote

i occasionally run naked in the rain, so this clothes mandatory event is a walk in the park
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:12:59 AM EDT
[#43]
rain?  My tank says it all.

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

i occasionally run naked in the rain, so this clothes mandatory event is a walk in the park
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too much information
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Too much information
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too much information

and youll be sitting next to me on the ride up there
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
and youll be sitting next to me on the ride up there
View Quote

It's Ok I'm a middle child, I've seen everything,

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:11:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Is there an American Flag, on a pole, already erected in the back of the capital building?

I'm thinking of bringing my own, to fly above my anarchy/Gadsden flag. I'm just wondering if it would be redundant.

(not my image)
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got my flagpole today for the Arfcom flag!  

I'll be zip-tying it to something at the Capitol
View Quote

looney?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top