Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like everyone is just lining up to comply from what I see here...

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That almost happened to an Arfcommer this afternoon.  Good thing he didn't have an LCM  

story to follow?

Lets hope.

To top it off, the way the Sec. 24 (f) of the bill/public act is written one could interpret it to mean that we are ONLY allowed to possess LCM"s under the conditions listed when we have "declared possession of a large capacity magazine". So by that logic everyone who currently possesses a LCM is guilty of a class C misdemeanor because there currently is no way to "declared possession of a large capacity magazine".  
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think we are just getting our info and then making our decisions that is best for us, without judging the next guy........
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we are just getting our info and then making our decisions that is best for us, without judging the next guy........

no worries I am registering all my guns as wyatt1 they will kick his door in not mine
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no worries I am registering all my guns as wyatt1 they will kick his door in not mine

I think we are fucked if we register, and fucked if we don't.

I'd like to shoot my guns at the range.  I'll likely register.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Firearms & weapons are PROHIBITED in DPS HQ.  There is no way, short of them setting up a tent in the parking lot, that they are having people bringing an AW into that building to register it.

well in their eyes that makes perfect sense.  so then you can not have it legally anymore, get their goals met without passing more laws.  they'll be clapping.

or for the ones who try to follow the law by bringing a firearm there getting arrested for some good headlines.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel the same way, I mean I bought the items i would need to register at a store, I have a CCW permit, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put me in the high likelihood that I own something that needs to be registered, plus I am an Avid shooter, well used to be but I still do a weekly trip, I want to shoot my guns without fear of going to jail.  They start confiscation, I start exercising my 2nd
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel the same way, I mean I bought the items i would need to register at a store, I have a CCW permit, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put me in the high likelihood that I own something that needs to be registered, plus I am an Avid shooter, well used to be but I still do a weekly trip, I want to shoot my guns without fear of going to jail.  They start confiscation, I start exercising my 2nd

My only concern with this is what happens if a few years down the road I decide to leave CT, does anyone know if you have to clarify with the state that you are taking your shit and GTFO  I hear people saying that once its registered its property of the state, I find this hard to believe.

After all, my car is registered and not owned by the state, im lost here...
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't mean to come off as a smart ass...I feel bad for you guys and have been waging my own political war here.

Just seems incongruous with everything I've been reading here for a few months. I wish you all luck.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]
This why we own multiple AR's... I'll certainly register the ones the state has clue about.

The others..... what others?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Didn't mean to come off as a smart ass...I feel bad for you guys and have been waging my own political war here.

Just seems incongruous with everything I've been reading here for a few months. I wish you all luck.

Gotta pick our battles wisely right now, brother. Im sure you will come to understand.

If we still have diplomatic avenues to explore, explore them we must.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My only concern with this is what happens if a few years down the road I decide to leave CT, does anyone know if you have to clarify with the state that you are taking your shit and GTFO  I hear people saying that once its registered its property of the state, I find this hard to believe.

What's happened so far many found hard to believe as well.....Nothing they do in the future would surprise me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This why we own multiple AR's... I'll certainly register the ones the state has clue about.

The others..... what others?

Okay I feel better now. I was confused for a minute.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a CCW permit,

CT has a CCW permit? Strange, that's not what they issued me. I have a "State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers". The word "conceal" is not mentioned anywhere on it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

no worries man.  Everyone has a different story, and I don't question anyones' decision.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I take it my SR-22 will also be classified as an AW because of features? And it mentions some where that anything that can fire a flare,wouldn't that make all shot guns AW's?...I'm so fuckin' confused...
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#17]
"Submit proof that you purchased this weapon on or prior to April 4, 2013 in addition to one of the following: a DPS-3, or sworn affidavit that the
specified assault weapon was purchased in compliance with state and federal laws."

I know this form has been corrected once already but what the hell am I supposed to come up with to show proof of ownership before 04/05/2013
if my DPS-3 isn't enough? I got a freaking transaction number from DPS on the DPS-3 I don't have any other receipts?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#18]
And while I'm throwing it out there...Ammo?...Is it legal to posses IMI military surplus that has metal in it similar to green tip with no paint?That was purchased years ago?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I take it my SR-22 will also be classified as an AW because of features? And it mentions some where that anything that can fire a flare,wouldn't that make all shot guns AW's?...I'm so fuckin' confused...

Yep 22lr pistol with threaded barrel is an assault weapon lol

Not sure why thet said semiautomatic pistols and didn't say center-fire on pistols but did on rifles.

Putting 22lr mags and 22lr pistols(with features) on the AW list is a joke especially when 22lr rifles are not.

Shows how clueless they are.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]
So quick question. I can not bare to back in and read any more of the bill right now, for fear my head may explode with lethal consequences, to innocent bystanders in a half block radius.  What is the official standing on inheriting an AR-15, or other weapon that would now be considered an assault weapon? My dad has several long guns that would go to me as per his Will. Would they be legal for transfer to me upon execution of his Will?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#21]
M855 is not armor piercing listed with ATF but who knows.
Also they said if it was legal before the law you could keep it with regards to guns and mags so I guess ammo to but I would
not stake my rights on it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I was referring to the rifle...Not the sr22 pistol...So rim fire rifle with cosmetic features is good to go?Even with LCM?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#23]
As far as the ammo...I was just asking...I have no ammo..
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So quick question. I can not bare to back in and read any more of the bill right now, for fear my head may explode with lethal consequences, to innocent bystanders in a half block radius.  What is the official standing on inheriting an AR-15, or other weapon that would now be considered an assault weapon? My dad has several long guns that would go to me as per his Will. Would they be legal for transfer to me upon execution of his Will?

yes as long as you are eligible to accept them I believe.
Also the executors of estates can posses them since estates can take forever to settle but I can see where some
executors who don't like guns or are scared of guns may cause problems.
Hopefully you don't have to find out for a long time but you should be ok.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was referring to the rifle...Not the sr22 pistol...So rim fire rifle with cosmetic features is good to go?Even with LCM?

Oh this is the silly part, your 22lr rifle is exempt from AW but your high cap 22lr mags must be registered.

Edit: actually now that I think of it I have no clue because 22lr rifles couldn't have collapsible stocks and pistol grips before could they?

Man I'm fried with this BS, if this doesn't constitute infringement I don't know what does.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like 5 shot .22 and .32 cal Olympic and bullseye style target pistols like Walther, Pardini, and Hammerli  are now assault weapons because the magazine attaches to the gun in front of the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone asking why they need the SSN? I'm guessing so they can use it to enforce the registration fee down the road!

I will wait and let the state get their head out of their ass and wait for all legal challenges to take place before I start worrying what I need to register.

I am a little ticked off that my Pardini is now an assault pistol .. wtf is up with that?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like every semi auto center fire handgun I purchase from here on out, will be .45 Auto. Inherently not restricted 'cause ammo capacity is typically 10 rnds or under any ways. I guess bottom line is will be ok to put big holes in intruders but not make them in colanders.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looks like every semi auto center fire handgun I purchase from here on out, will be .45 Auto. Inherently not restricted 'cause ammo capacity is typically 10 rnds or under any ways. I guess bottom line is will be ok to put big holes in intruders but not make them in colanders.

10mm is best millimeter

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I will wait until Nov to register. There are so many what-ifs to be worked out. Maybe with any luck this can get tossed in court. I am thinking of registering everything and then bring some stuff and leaving it at my house in another state.

As for confiscation of weapons that will surely bring a debate and lawsuits. The magazine law as it stands now will only be temporary. I think our state idiots will work next year to ban them totally and force us to sell out of state or destroy. Being next year is an election year they may hold tight with what they have done so far and go for it the year after.

For now sit tight and wait. Do not start asking too many questions until after June.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#31]
This

Like I stated before wait as long as possible then with the timing of an armored division strike slam them with all our paperwork at once.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Question on a few sections of the AW registration form.
Importer ?
Unique Markings/iD- Whst like scratches ?
Operators # -Is this pistol permit number?

I am planning to wait to register(if I even do) but I want to have my ducks in a row before I do anything .
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Importer ?

I am planning to wait to register(if I even do) but I want to have my ducks in a row before I do anything .

Importer.. No Idea I had the same question. AFAIK, it would be "N/A"

Unique Markings/iD - maybe we should all get a nice "FUCK YOU DANIEL" engraved in our lowers...

Operator #: I assume is your Drivers Lic, since not everyone has a pistol permit..
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Importer ?

Importer.. No Idea I had the same question. AFAIK, it would be "N/A"

Unique Markings/iD - maybe we should all get a nice "FUCK YOU DANIEL" engraved in our lowers...

Operator #: I assume is your Drivers Lic, since not everyone has a pistol permit..

So I would have to report the scratch on one of my rifles that strangely looks like "Beth Bye=Useless Twat"

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Where are we supposed to bring this certificate and our guns? Local PD, State Police, DPS?

Edit: Also FTF sales were legal before April 4, 2013, with no paperwork, right? How is that going to be handled?

You may bring your guns to me for proper disposal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is an angle I am exploring.  If, and I mean if, I register my AR, and they eventually come for it, they will be told that it is with my brother in VA.  Maybe I even have a hand receipt to that effect.  I have yet to see anything suggesting taking them out of state is illegal.  Without a federal law, they will have a real problem if they can't get their hands on them in CT.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So I would have to report the scratch on one of my rifles that strangely looks like "Beth Bye=Useless Twat"

I like your thinking!!!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top