Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2017 1:35:51 PM EDT
My wife is headed off to a bachelorette party this weekend in Tulsa so I'm taking the opportunity to meet up with a buddy to go camp.  We had looked at going to Greenleaf State Park, but when I called they told me licensed concealed carry was not allowed.  Some research showed that may be true in some spots, but not all.  However, they don't allow fires at campsites anyway so we struck it from the books.  Does anyone know of any spots that would be in the area outside of Tulsa--preferably toward the eastern side since my friend is coming from NW Arkansas.  We'd prefer somewhere we could hike in, but car camping will suffice if it must.

Edit: Any info about Sequoyah State Park?  Looks like the governing body is the OK Tourism and Recreation Dept so carry should be ok?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I was there there were no signs prohibiting it,I use to fish there a lot but it's been a few years since I've been there,used to carry there all the time.You might want to call to be sure and to see if you can have a fire it's been pretty dry her lately.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I did call this afternoon and they tried to tell me that you're not allowed to carry in any state park, but that they don't care and ask that you keep it in the car.  Sounds like concealed means concealed to them.  Think we are headed to Sequoyah--not a hike in type place, but they've got a lot of mileage of trails
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last time I was there there were no signs prohibiting it,I use to fish there a lot but it's been a few years since I've been there,used to carry there all the time.You might want to call to be sure and to see if you can have a fire it's been pretty dry her lately.
View Quote

I checked and saw all of the bans expired except for about 10 counties which were active mostly until tomorrow and a few next weekend and Cherokee County was not one of the ones listed
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't  think you will be hassled in Sequoyah S.P. I live near there and occasionally patrol the Wagoner County side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top