Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 10:23:05 PM EDT
A few years ago I met a lady at the OKCGC who had a really nice little Sharps Carbine that we were shooting.  She was also driving the single most tricked out and insane Jeep I've ever seen.  Both of which she won entering contests.  I said the same thing that everyone else says..."I'd love to win something like that but I'm just not lucky at stuff like that".  She said "You can't win unless you enter", which was the obvious response but it made sense.  I'd entered just a few contests in my life and, of course, didn't win a thing so it didn't seem worth it to continue.  However she told me her secret and I took it to heart, doing what she told me and within a few months I got a call that I had won a new Ruger 10/22 Takedown.  Is that common, probably not but someone has to win and you have as much chance as anyone else.

Since that time I've been entering a lot of contests.  Some are single entry and others are social media based where you can earn multiple entries every day.  At first I thought "that sucks, I hate social media and I don't even have accounts" but I read some sources that talk about winning at contests and decided to try it out.  I made a twitter and an Instagram and a Pinterest account, all of which was super easy and only used for contests.  I can't force myself to join Facebook just because they are evil incarnate but you can if you want.

Anywho, one of the things that earns you the most extra entries is referring friends to enter.  So I would get 5 entries (for example) for each person who I refer to enter and those people would get the same number of entries by using my information and their friends.  This is one of the keys to being successful.  The more people you can refer the more entries you get, which works the same way for them.  It's a win, win.  One of the other keys to winning is to create an Email account that you only use for contests, that way you don't have your normal Email getting clogged up with contest related stuff.  It also allows you to easily recognize what's contest content and what isn't.  Trust me, you want to do this.  These and some other things I've learned I'll pass on should you be interested.  Remember, none of this costs you a single cent and only a very small amount of time.  It's like the enjoyment of gambling without losing a penny in the process.

Up until now I've been doing this on my own and not referring folks because I don't know that many "gun people" in real life so I thought I'd see if anyone here in the hometown forum was interested in joining forces to  try and win some cool stuff.  If you're interested just email me on here and we'll get started.  What do you have to lose?  Nothing but a little time but imagine winning hundreds of dollars or thousands of dollars worth of guns that most of us could never afford otherwise.  You can't win if you don't enter and this way you earn a lot better chance of winning than the average person.

Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You forgot the $10K plus deer hunt in Canada, M1A Socom and the Sig ( they Still owe her a mag) a 1911 and a couple of Walthers
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You forgot the $10K plus deer hunt in Canada, M1A Socom and the Sig ( they Still owe her a mag) a 1911 and a couple of Walthers
View Quote

Oh yeah, I remember the Sig now.  She didn't tell me about the other stuff, she's my HERO!!!! I am crazy jealous lol.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:42:32 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys are all missing out.....you don't have to be lucky to win you just have to enter.   Free guns.....free gear.....free vacations....free cars & trucks....free atv's  
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Brandi, it's all rigged you can't win, and for sure they will not let girls win!

OH wait! I forgot.

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Brandi, it's all rigged you can't win, and for sure they will not let girls win!

OH wait! I forgot.
View Quote

Yup!  I love that jeep, it's a beast! Pretty sweet winnings for sure .  I used to be among the "I'm not lucky enough to win that kind of stuff" crowd and didn't enter anything because of it.  Then I met the lady in that photo who motivated me to give it a try.  Two months into it I won my Ruger 10/22 .  I doubt that's typical but it proves that if you enter you have 100% more chance of winning than if you don't.

Ya'll are missing out.  Contact me if you're interested and I'll hook you up with several contests going on right now with a whole lot of awesome gun prizes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

OH wait! I forgot.
View Quote

You've done pretty good at the picnic raffles!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I see her every year at the cook out and women's fun shoot. They have a nice little SBR .22 they let the ladies shoot too
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I've won a battle mag, and a cheap forend at the fun shoo. Last year my son won a red/white/blue cricket at the picnic, and is hooked (I'm the good looking fella working the grill every year).
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:52:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this an OKCGC thing?  We've only been members for a couple weeks and have no idea what all goes on yet.  Probably going to go shoot this Thursday which will be our first trip there other than as guests, looking forward to getting to finally run some of our handloads through the chronograph and moving on with our loads.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
May 6th Gun Club picnic, be there by 10:30 to get a good seat.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I have to get there earlier than that, and I don't get a seat. I do get all the burgers and hot dogs I can eat, and first dibs on anything coming off the grill ;)
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
You do dam good on the grill!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds fun, hopefully she's off that day so we can go.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You do dam good on the grill!
View Quote

Thanks. Real credit goes to my Uncle Mark, Suzi,  and everyone else that brings all the food and fixings. Me and the other guy are just burger flippers. Still, a fun work day, and everyone goes home a winner at a free lunch lol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#15]
If I wanted to put a rifle up for raffle and shoot, how's that work?

LeePo in OKC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top