Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2017 7:27:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a new place, in Edmond I think, that was selling the stripped Ruger AR lowers for $89.  I saw it on Armslist, not sure if it's still there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:39:09 AM EDT
[#3]
According to Armslist Village Tactical is selling the Ruger stripped lower for $89.  The other place selling them for $89 was the new place (or at least new to me) "Guys and Gals At Arms".  

I don't know anything about Guys and Gals other than they have great prices on these stripped lowers.  I've been wanting to go check out their store in Edmond and see what it's like but haven't yet.  Maybe next time I have a doctors appointment up there I'll drop in.  I went by Village Tactical about a week ago and almost bought an AR handguard there.  They tried real hard to get it done but with the city's sales tax it was just too much for my very meager budget and I had to go elsewhere.  However, I was impressed by their attempts to do it for me and if money wasn't such a big issue at the moment I would have definitely bought there.  I would have loved to support them financially at the time but couldn't do it so I'll support them by recommending them to others.  They are also relatively new and growing their store, good folks so they get my stamp of approval.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#5]
That a good price but I've heard way too many complaints about Anderson stuff being out of spec and such to go that route.  A lot of people say they are good to good while a lot of people have said they got burned and I'd rather spend a bit more to buy something I know will be good (or as close to it as possible).  I wish I trusted them enough to buy their lowers because they are always cheaper than any other manufacturer.  Hopefully your friend gets a good one, I've never had to return a lower but I gotta imagine it's a pain.

I did a little more looking online and there is a whole lot of hate for Anderson lowers (mainly out of spec holes and unfinished/partial threads) but it seems most of it was from a couple years ago so maybe they've improved their QC since then.  Hard to pass on a lower that price if it's good.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That a good price but I've heard way too many complaints about Anderson stuff being out of spec and such to go that route.  A lot of people say they are good to good while a lot of people have said they got burned and I'd rather spend a bit more to buy something I know will be good (or as close to it as possible).  I wish I trusted them enough to buy their lowers because they are always cheaper than any other manufacturer.  Hopefully your friend gets a good one, I've never had to return a lower but I gotta imagine it's a pain.

I did a little more looking online and there is a whole lot of hate for Anderson lowers (mainly out of spec holes and unfinished/partial threads) but it seems most of it was from a couple years ago so maybe they've improved their QC since then.  Hard to pass on a lower that price if it's good.
View Quote

I've helped build about half a dozen Anderson lowers by now and there's only 2 issues that are common in my experience and align with what others have said.

1) Pivot pin not exactly right, the pivot pin is really stiff and hard to work. Twisting a drill bit through the hole just using my fingers cleared it up and they all work great now.
2) Short grip screw threads. Magpul uses short screws that work or you can buy a shorter screw if you want to use something else that comes with a longer screw. Washers also work great.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've helped build about half a dozen Anderson lowers by now and there's only 2 issues that are common in my experience and align with what others have said.

1) Pivot pin not exactly right, the pivot pin is really stiff and hard to work. Twisting a drill bit through the hole just using my fingers cleared it up and they all work great now.
2) Short grip screw threads. Magpul uses short screws that work or you can buy a shorter screw if you want to use something else that comes with a longer screw. Washers also work great.
View Quote

So not anything that can't be fixed with a minimum of tweaking.  Maybe I'll give them a try someday, I've just always been wary of buying a lower for later use and finding out a year later that it's out of spec.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:45:13 AM EDT
[#8]
This is my favorite store to do business with.  Guy who owns/runs it is a veteran and has always treated me more than fairly.

http://www.7elementfirearms.com/lowers-s/1819.htm
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one gun built on a Anderson lower, Areo upper, tight fit no issues.
I also have about 2 doz. Anderson lowers with RRA lower parts kit installed (just because they $39, lowers not the PK) I have fitted all the lower to DPMS, RRA, and AREO uppers to check for issues. Only issue was on about 4 lowers with pivot pin holes were tight, not off but tight. (Good)
Anodizing is crap!  Put a couple in the blast cabinet and the anodizing just kinda flakes off, not a bad thing is you r going to cerakote.  Anodizing buffs off pretty easy if you are looking for used look.
I'm sure there's lots of Anderson lowers with problems, they sell a lot. I have RRA and Spikes uppers or lowers I'm not happy with some fitting issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have one gun built on a Anderson lower, Areo upper, tight fit no issues.
I also have about 2 doz. Anderson lowers with RRA lower parts kit installed (just because they $39, lowers not the PK) I have fitted all the lower to DPMS, RRA, and AREO uppers to check for issues. Only issue was on about 4 lowers with pivot pin holes were tight, not off but tight. (Good)
Anodizing is crap!  Put a couple in the blast cabinet and the anodizing just kinda flakes off, not a bad thing is you r going to cerakote.  Anodizing buffs off pretty easy if you are looking for used look.
I'm sure there's lots of Anderson lowers with problems, they sell a lot. I have RRA and Spikes uppers or lowers I'm not happy with some fitting issues.
View Quote

That's a lot of lowers...just an FYI, my birthday is in July
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Brandi, got my calendar marked!

Panic buying last year, plus Sooner State was still doing FFL trans $10 for each transfer and not for each receiver. Doing 5 each time =$2 each. Now I need barrels.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Brandi, got my calendar marked!

Panic buying last year, plus Sooner State was still doing FFL trans $10 for each transfer and not for each receiver. Doing 5 each time =$2 each. Now I need barrels.
View Quote

I'd have to buy a new safe for that many.  If I had the extra funds I'd have done the same thing, especially considering the political climate at the time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'd have to buy a new safe for that many.  If I had the extra funds I'd have done the same thing, especially considering the political climate at the time.
View Quote

Maybe not, remember what Dolly Parton said, they don't get in the way or take up much room if you know how to pack them! Well maybe she didn't say that but she could have.

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe not, remember what Dolly Parton said, they don't get in the way or take up much room if you know how to pack them! Well maybe she didn't say that but she could have.
View Quote
That's pretty compact but still wouldn't fit in my safe.  If anyone knew how to make big things fit in places they shouldn't fit it was Dolly Parton lol.  BTW, they're already in the box, now all you have to do is wrap it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top