Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2017 8:20:34 PM EDT
Hey guys me and my wife will be in Osage Hills State Park during her Spring Break in March.  We have rented a cabin there for 4 days.  Plan on hiking and fishing along with some other local stuff.  But I'd like to know what animals are in the area?  I've searched and have an idea, but would like word form a local.  Also Oklahoma has open carry know right?  If so I'll call the park and see if they allow carry.  Thank guys
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys me and my wife will be in Osage Hills State Park during her Spring Break in March.  We have rented a cabin there for 4 days.  Plan on hiking and fishing along with some other local stuff.  But I'd like to know what animals are in the area?  I've searched and have an idea, but would like word form a local.  Also Oklahoma has open carry know right?  If so I'll call the park and see if they allow carry.  Thank guys
View Quote

Yes, Oklahoma has open carry WITH a permit, same as concealed carry.  No carry without the permit.  I used to live in that general area, not sure what you mean by what animals in the area though.  For hunting or just things you might see while hiking?  

I don't know what's in season at the moment, you'd have to check the Oklahoma Wildlife website.  As for things you might see, that would be pretty much the same things as Illinois.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
its gorgeous. right in the middle of the Tall Grass Area.

it will either be cold and windy or warm and windy that time of year. seeing Woolaroc is a must as is the Tall Grass Prairie. I helped remove fence for that area in college a couple of weekends.

Whitetails, Buffalo, coyotes.. etc are in that area.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:34:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
its gorgeous. right in the middle of the Tall Grass Area.

it will either be cold and windy or warm and windy that time of year. seeing Woolaroc is a must as is the Tall Grass Prairie. I helped remove fence for that area in college a couple of weekends.

Whitetails, Buffalo, coyotes.. etc are in that area.
View Quote

I agree, definitely beautiful.  It's like a whole different state than here in central Oklahoma.  Woolaroc is one of THE coolest museums I've ever been to, so much so that I've been multiple times and would go again right now if I was in that area.  Went there as a kid and they had this fullsize buffalo statue thing that you would put your garbage next to it's mouth and it sucked it down.  Was pretty powerful too because when I put a burger wrapper up there that damn buffalo sucked my bracelet off and ate it LOL.  Not sure they still have it but, if they do, don't put anything near the mouth you want to keep lol.  If you are in that area and don't go to Woolaroc you should face the lash!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top