Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 7:54:26 PM EDT

Someone with experience here hit me up with PM.

If you are an attorney, I won't expect your services for free, I'll pay for quality council.

Quite possibly splitting with my wife. I've been the soul source of income, trying to figure out what I can expect to pay her and for how long.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Not an expert by any means on this, but a friend of mine at work went through the same thing a few years back. They were married for 20+ years and their kid was all grown up (20's), so no child support. Got screwed on the alimony though. $400 a month for 10 years if I remember correctly. I know for a fact about the $400 part, just can't remember the time frame for 100% certain. I've been working with him for 11 years and he's been paying for the majority of the time I've been here and he says he has 2 years left. He makes around 60K. I don't know how he does it.
Unfortunately when you marry the girl you also marry the state of Oklahoma, and she can be a cold hard bitch.

I'm hoping your post was written out of anger and haste and that you can work things out with her. They are all crazy.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#2]
She also got the house and half of his 401K and savings.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Were you the sole support for your wife or does she work now and while married. That is usually an alimony disqualifer unless you voluntarily agree to it.  Its my understanding alimony is rarely awarded in Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Were you the sole support for your wife or does she work now and while married. That is usually an alimony disqualifer unless you voluntarily agree to it.  Its my understanding alimony is rarely awarded in Oklahoma.
View Quote

Soul support.

Our youngest is starting school in the fall, so she will be starting to work.

From the attorneys I've talked to, it looks like I'll be paying her. Nobody wants to tell me how much till I pay them a few grand for a retainer.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Duration of marriage?
Number and age of children (of the marriage)?
Did spouse work at any point during the marriage?
Does spouse have ability to work?  Previous work experience prior to marriage?  College?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
The older I feel marriage is a scam all in favor of the women.

Good luck OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top