Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 10:00:38 AM EDT

News articles on the front page today in Tulsa where homeowners were forced to defend themselves. Links below.

1. Woman shot at two men who broke into her house near I-44 and Garnett.

2, Homeowner, who is in his 70s, told police the man approached while he was doing yard work and punched him in the back of the head.

3. Police say two teen suspects entered an apartment, and two residents inside confronted them. During the ensuing struggle, police say the two pistol whipped a male resident, but a female resident grabbed a knife and stabbed the 16-year-old, killing him.

Seems that the home invasions had more than one person committing the crime.  Something to consider if forced into that situation is the continued danger there are more folks out there once the persons in the home are being dealt with.

Schools been out only a few days and here are teens getting in trouble.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]

I will say that every single time we have had trouble in our neighborhood or at our laboratory, it has been 2-3 males that were bold. both times at the laboratory, they were told to leave the building and they just looked at me with a blank look until the gun came out.

because of the numbers game, I have switched from a 8 round .40 to a G19.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will say that every single time we have had trouble in our neighborhood or at our laboratory, it has been 2-3 males that were bold. both times at the laboratory, they were told to leave the building and they just looked at me with a blank look until the gun came out.

View Quote

I think that's wise. Planning on a single adversary is planning to fail IMO.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had some bad experiences and have been shocked at the boldness. so much in fact that after an incident last fall while washing our ATV's off I don't carry my woods revolver on my waist after I leave our cabin. when I have ready for the trip back I put my 1911 or my G19 on my hip.

every employee carries at our laboratory due to just people we encounter and our rule is that our doors are locked unless I am actually at the business.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top