Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2016 11:44:31 AM EDT
I guess a less alarming title would be going to the Range on Mother's Day, but...

Harry at Banner Road (Canadian Ranges) is advertising Mothers get to shoot for free next Sunday.

unfortunately this doesn't cover people being CALLED Mother ( or Mutha..) or non females (that's SO sexist!).

anyway , there it is.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my mother and wife too much to let them risk their lives shooting at that unsafe un-policed range.  Too many idiots and not a single person on staff to watch the ranges.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my mother and wife too much to let them risk their lives shooting at that unsafe un-policed range.  Too many idiots and not a single person on staff to watch the ranges.
View Quote

There an easy solution to that......Don't go.

As for me and mine we like the place
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you captain obvious.

It's sad when even the owner and his family won't even shoot there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"too little" supervision is better than range Nazis barking at you to leef za brass alone, one zits hit the ground zit is ours.(.458 Socom BRASS is $1 each)

you're firing too fast.

your ammo is armor piercing, (it attracts a magnet)

your ammo is too fast.

you have to buy our ammo.

you can't bring that in here

you don't have a current driver's license.

take a number, 4 hour wait.

your muzzle blast disturbs your neighbor.

your brass is hitting your neighbor.

and if you've ever done something stupid at Banner and invoked the wrath of Harry (i guess he's the 'not a single person on staff') you wouldn't make silly statements.

I've never had a problem that either pointing it out, or telling Harry (squealing) didn't put straight P.D,Q.

a retired CPO in full song is a pretty good show

as far as Gene and family not shooting there, do they shoot ANYWHERE? and how do you know this?

is it just Gene ? (gotta be 90) sons? grandsons?

where else can you shoot 100 yards in any weather (if it's snowy, wear a coat, if it's raining, it's under cover) and spit on the ground?

except for tornadoes, then it's adios M.F.er.

Lexington?

the more people stay away the better it is for me, so i support your boycott.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"too little" supervision is better than range Nazis barking at you to leef za brass alone, one zits hit the ground zit is ours.(.458 Socom BRASS is $1 each)
you're firing too fast.
your ammo is too fast.

and if you've ever done something stupid at Banner and invoked the wrath of Harry (i guess he's the 'not a single person on staff') you wouldn't make silly statements.
I've never had a problem that either pointing it out, or telling Harry (squealing) didn't put straight P.D,Q.
as far as Gene and family not shooting there, do they shoot ANYWHERE? and how do you know this?
where else can you shoot 100 yards in any weather (if it's snowy, wear a coat, if it's raining, it's under cover) and spit on the ground?
Lexington?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you're firing too fast.
your ammo is too fast.

Lexington?

All I can go by is my experiences with that range, and I have many of them.  Sometimes it takes an idiot to make you think twice about your decisions and I hope that you never find that idiot at the range the same day as you.  I had an idiot there the same day as me once, and I chalked it up to him just being an idiot and a fluke deal.  I kept going and dealing with an idiot here or there until one finally sent a few rounds over mine and my father's heads through the concrete wall separating the 50y lane from the 100y lane.  That was my wake up to public ranges.  All I can do is warn people of the range, I will not make your mind up for you.  I can only speak of my experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top