Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 12:13:27 AM EDT
I went to the walmart here in norman last night because my friend in Georgia said they are selling all their AR's at a near 50% discount down there. Turns out they are selling almost everything  AR related at around 50% off. Just thought I'd let y'all know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#1]
yea I was told walmart is going to clear out all their "tactical stuff"
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
McAlester Walmart was sold out of AR's, but I did buy two Mossburg shotguns for $249.00 each.
The semi auto was $517.00 and The pump was $486.00 so I couldn't pass them up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
McAlester Walmart was sold out of AR's, but I did buy two Mossburg shotguns for $249.00 each.
The semi auto was $517.00 and The pump was $486.00 so I couldn't pass them up.
View Quote

I sent my father in there yesterday to check things out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#4]
They had stainless 10/22's at the Tahlequah Wally world for $125 a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything "tactical" will no longer be sold at Walmart.  They said they won't carry AR's and such because they only want guns used by "hunters and sportsmen".  Weird, cause the AR is one of the most popular hunting rifles currently used in America.  Why not just be honest and say "we aren't going to sell scary black rifles because they are evil and make people do bad things"?  A thin veiled attempt to say that AR's are only for killing people.  Just another reason, in a very long line of reasons, to never shop at Walmart.  I frickin hate Walmart.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#7]
read this

it's business,not personal.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anything "tactical" will no longer be sold at Walmart.  They said they won't carry AR's and such because they only want guns used by "hunters and sportsmen".  Weird, cause the AR is one of the most popular hunting rifles currently used in America.  Why not just be honest and say "we aren't going to sell scary black rifles because they are evil and make people do bad things"?  A thin veiled attempt to say that AR's are only for killing people.  Just another reason, in a very long line of reasons, to never shop at Walmart.  I frickin hate Walmart.
View Quote

Wal*Mart cares about making money and ARs weren't selling. My store had the same ARs on the shelf forever, post panic price slashes just saturated the market. They picked up ARs at the height of the panic to sell and now they're dumping them. If people start hoarding them again Wal*Mart may bring them back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't buy it.  Walmart has millions of products and at any given time, some sell great and others not so well but they don't quit selling them altogether.  Even if Walmart bought AR's at the height of the "panic" they still have the kind of buying leverage to not pay anything near the wholesale prices smaller companies pay.  Let's say they paid a significantly higher wholesale on AR's due to the panic and due to the AR glut their profit margin was significantly smaller than usual.  Walmart's sheer size gives them an advantage that smaller companies don't have, maintaining overhead in such times.  Walmart VERY easily could have held on to their stock and sold as needed.  Many companies can't do that but those the size of Walmart can.  

The AR market during the majority of time is exceptionally profitable and Walmart makes a lot of money selling them just because, 99% of the time they can buy extremely low and sell at higher price that is still lower than competitors.  The same thing that's made Walmart the mega business it is.  So why not just hang on to the stock of AR's until the market balances back out (as it always does)?  The price of AR's has already been steadily increasing over the last year and isn't very far from it's balance point.  As all the companies that exploded into the AR building scene during the panic go out of business due to slower sales, the market begins to balance.  Walmart's ability to return to profitable AR (and accessories) sales is very, very close at this point in time, so why bail now?  Even if Walmart didn't want to keep their stock of AR's and decided to cut their loss on this particular deal, the sale of AR's has always been profitable and stable for them so what is the real reason for refusing to sell anything "tactical" at this point in time?  It's sure not profit because a single sales slump due to a temporary glut of product.  Keep in mind that Walmart has always been profitable in the AR market before the AR glut, Walmart says they want to focus on long guns used by hunters and sportsmen and yet, the AR is very close to becoming the most popular hunting and sporting rifle platform in America and it's popularity growing exponentially.  Doesn't add up when you look at all the information instead of just the story Walmart is telling.

It's no secret that Walmart has been barraged by shareholders demanding that AR's, AR accessories and anything that resembles "tactical" not be sold.  Walmart has tried to appease shareholders in the past by removing these products from the shelves during times of intense media attention following one shooting or another.  However the company was never willing to give it up permanently because of why? Yup, a high profit margin during all the other time.  So now Walmart is finally giving into both shareholder opinion and the liberal anti-gun movement.  Sales are low right now, it happens every time there's a glut of any product.  Walmart knows very well that sales are slowly rising again and as small AR manufacturers go out of business, those sales will return exponentially.  So if they are to use the "sales" argument to buffer themselves from the inevitable backlash of Pro-2A Americans they have to act quickly.  It's pretty thinly veiled, I'm surprised so many Pro-2A folks are buying it.

As for the story told by the "Pro-2A" Walmart manager in the TTABG article, had he said anything else his lucrative Walmart job would be gone in an instant.  Walmart doesn't tolerate employees contradicting the company or speaking their opinion.  I've worked for Walmart twice and it's operated more like gulag than the family friendly environment they show the public.  It can get unbelievably "unfriendly" real fast if you say something the company doesn't like.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
 It can get unbelievably "unfriendly" real fast if you say something the company doesn't like.
View Quote

Like union or raise?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top