Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2015 11:15:04 PM EDT
I was just transferred back up here (originally from Newalla), and started this past Monday. I'm staying with my parents for now, but I've got a rather pissed off wife back in East Texas because we currently have no where to live. I'm working all day and can't really check much out during the night time. If you guys have some direction, help a brotha out! No kids, 2 shih tzus, 3 lazy ass cats and no preference on bedroom/bathroom situation. Would like to stay in the OKC area as I work in Norman.

Thanks in advance, folks!
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was just transferred back up here (originally from Newalla), and started this past Monday. I'm staying with my parents for now, but I've got a rather pissed off wife back in East Texas because we currently have no where to live. I'm working all day and can't really check much out during the night time. If you guys have some direction, help a brotha out! No kids, 2 shih tzus, 3 lazy ass cats and no preference on bedroom/bathroom situation. Would like to stay in the OKC area as I work in Norman.

Thanks in advance, folks!
View Quote

Sheesh, sorry for the cricketfest there.  Doesn't happen often but it does happen.  I realize we're really late to the party but I'll give you what little I know on the subject.  

I know there's a website that shows areas of OKC to avoid due to high crime and/or gang activity but I can't remember what it is, might even be the OKCPD website but a Google of high crime/gang activity areas of OKC should find that info.  You couldn't pay me to live in Moore (south OKC), it's a nice place but it's a tornado magnet of biblical proportions.  The inner metro isn't my thing, I despise cities any way.  North OKC is considered the "nicest" part of the city but really it depends on the particular location.  The north side is growing VERY fast and has a lot of neat stuff either already built or about to be (Cabelas, Top Golf, indoor skydiving....), if you're into that kind of stuff.  It also means the traffic is getting worse .  There are TONS of houses up for sale/rent in North OKC also.

It's not much and you probably have up on us or already found a place but better late than never.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top