Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 2:39:49 PM EDT
Hey all, I'm posting up a raffle that we at Davenport Fire Department are doing for Braxton Campbell, a local little boy that turned two while at Children's Hospital recuperating from an accident. He was backed over by a large ZTR mower and lost both feet (one was able to be reattached, thankfully) and sustained multiple broken bones and other injuries. He has been in the hospital for some time now and still has a long road to go. His father is a FF with our department and Braxton's grandpa is our chief so this is especially near to us.

http://www.koco.com/news/davenport-boy-recovering-after-losing-foot-in-lawn-mower-accident/33631868
What we are doing is raffling off a Palmetto State Armory Premium AR, a 16" midlength with a carry handle + a pair of PMAGs. 100% of this has been purchased by the guys at the station and 100% of the ticket sales will go to the family. Not only that, but the local Masonic Lodge is going to match whatever we can raise. Tickets are $5 each or $20 for a 5 pack. We are ONLY selling tickets via FFs at the station so contact me via email or IM and I'll get you fixed up. I will drive and meet you somewhere if I need to, just let me know. We are a 100% volunteer FD so I'll have to meet you on a weekend or weeknight after work. We are drawing it at the FD on Aug 18th but I will call you if you won, you need not be present (unless you want to help wash trucks, that's OK too). A FFL in Stroud is going to be doing the paperwork for us and I'll call him with the winner so all you'll have to do is pick up your new AR!

Please contact me for any reason at all if I can help. Email or IM me and I'll get you my cell, call or text me.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey all, I'm posting up a raffle that we at Davenport Fire Department are doing for Braxton Campbell, a local little boy that turned two while at Children's Hospital recuperating from an accident. He was backed over by a large ZTR mower and lost both feet (one was able to be reattached, thankfully) and sustained multiple broken bones and other injuries. He has been in the hospital for some time now and still has a long road to go. His father is a FF with our department and Braxton's grandpa is our chief so this is especially near to us.
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1981807_10207056687242511_6364843400692463035_n.jpg?oh=ab4c811976f24fbca952ac589702a119&oe=5621DDB8

http://www.koco.com/news/davenport-boy-recovering-after-losing-foot-in-lawn-mower-accident/33631868

What we are doing is raffling off a Palmetto State Armory Premium AR, a 16" midlength with a carry handle + a pair of PMAGs. 100% of this has been purchased by the guys at the station and 100% of the ticket sales will go to the family. Not only that, but the local Masonic Lodge is going to match whatever we can raise. Tickets are $5 each or $20 for a 5 pack. We are ONLY selling tickets via FFs at the station so contact me via email or IM and I'll get you fixed up. I will drive and meet you somewhere if I need to, just let me know. We are a 100% volunteer FD so I'll have to meet you on a weekend or weeknight after work. We are drawing it at the FD on Aug 18th but I will call you if you won, you need not be present (unless you want to help wash trucks, that's OK too). A FFL in Stroud is going to be doing the paperwork for us and I'll call him with the winner so all you'll have to do is pick up your new AR!

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz264/KingMud/138c9fbe-aaef-494e-8299-656a12491867_zpssjkowmg6.jpg

Please contact me for any reason at all if I can help. Email or IM me and I'll get you my cell, call or text me.

View Quote

Wow. That's awesome man. God bless you guys.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers for the little fellow.

I don't need another AR. Do you have a gofundme or PayPal account set up so I can just make a cash donation?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prayers for the little fellow.

I don't need another AR. Do you have a gofundme or PayPal account set up so I can just make a cash donation?
View Quote

www.gofundme.com/wyb6x86x?fb_action_ids=10204318684838478&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1131028820246486%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.shares%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
He's out of the hospital and got to come to the fireworks show the town paid for and the FD put on. He's still wrapped up from ankle to armpit and can't move but one arm due to splints and bandages BUT it's progress.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Raffle is over.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
the raffle is over
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top