Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 9:47:10 PM EDT
I talked to Dan today and he told me he heard a radio adverstisement telling everyone to call Congressman Steve Russell about the trade bills.
He was some pissed off about them saying  Russell's opposition to the TAA and TPA trade bills would cost thousands of jobs in Oklahoma. He says it is an outright lie.
He asked me to tell everyone to call Congressman Russell and tell them to continue his opposition to those bills no matter how much pressure big business puts on him.
Dan may be an outspoken "peckerwood" but almost everything he talks against I have found to be pretty much right on the money.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll call Steve's office.  I doubt it will do any good.  He tends to ignore me
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Considering that the President has already signed it, its too late to do anything, good, bad or otherwise.
View Quote

the news media didn't make much of it! They stab us in the back and we don't even know it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait until his wage and overtime crap gets going...how many businesses that going to hurt...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A lot of the retail chain stores, like the ones in malls, the managers work 50+ hours a week and would qualify for this new rule, so it will be interesting to see what those companies have to do to control their costs, the rent in the malls is so high a lot of those are marginal at best, raise their cost much and they are GONE!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait until his wage and overtime crap gets going...how many businesses that going to hurt...

A lot of the retail chain stores, like the ones in malls, the managers work 50+ hours a week and would qualify for this new rule, so it will be interesting to see what those companies have to do to control their costs, the rent in the malls is so high a lot of those are marginal at best, raise their cost much and they are GONE!

I saw something about that and started wondering...

I am salaried, how are they going to track my hours?
Will I have to start clocking in and out?
Will my company limit the amount of "admin time" I tack on to the end of my shift? This is when I can do most of my scheduling and planning in peace without worry of someone coming to me with some stupid questions because the next shift's management has taken over.
Will I now have to worry about my hours in my department's budget?
If my other half has a family emergency and I have to cover some days how will I stay under budget and make sure my department still runs smoothly?

I don't like this.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To track hours you would need to punch in and out on the time clock just like the hourly workers, its the only practical way to track hours.

It is almost certain they will limit your time rather than pay overtime.

Labor cost is a major factor in budgets, so yes admin overtime will have to be considered in budgeting.

Family emergencies will have to fall under sick time rules and possibly use comp time to work it out.
View Quote

They will do the same thing the agriculture industry has done. They will pay you a flat salary instead of paying you hourly and then they don't have to pay overtime. I used to work on a pig farm where 16 hour days were nothing uncommon. However, we only got paid for eight hours. they will do the same thing the agriculture industry has done. They will pay you a flat salary instead of paying you hourly and then they don't have to pay overtime. I used to work on a pig farm where 16 hour days were nothing uncommon. However, we only got paid for eight
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top