Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 1:50:03 PM EDT
Do I understand this correctly? At 1000 yards a minute of accuracy would be a 10 inch group fired by your rifle? I assume then at 500 yards it would be a 5 inch group? understand this correctly? At 1000 yards a minute of accuracy would be a 10 inch group fired by your rifle? I assume then at 500 yards it would be
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That isn't exact, but its close enough, a Minute of Angle is 1/60th of a degree, which works out to approximately 1" per hundred yards, so that's approx 5" at 500 yards and 10" at 1000 yards.  To be more exact, its 1.047" per hundred, but nobody expects you to carry a calculator with you.
View Quote

So as long as you are shooting within these parameters at these distances is it safe to safe to call your shooting system MOA accurate? Or say that it shoots MOA?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks sir. I am going to trying just for giggles. It'll gimme something to work on for the rest of the summer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
hey google "shooter ready"

or http://www.shooterready.com/

its a great practice tool.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
funny enough one of my interactions with Rijas at a gun show concerned this subject.

he (Mr Rijas?)  stated as well as guaranteeing them forever (wonder how that's working out today) they would shoot MOA with any ammo up to 1000 yards.

so i say, "this rifle shoots 6" groups at 600 yards?"

yep.  (a .223 drops over 10 feet at 600 yds btw)

with Wolf?

yep.

or what?

whataya mean "or what"?

it'll shoot it...or what? what are you gonna do if it doesn't ? give me my money back? make it do it? (600 yds you'd have to holdover 10 feet), wear a tutu to the range? what?

he harumphed a bit then just walked away.

i shoulda bought that magical rifle

kinda related NoDak Spud issued a 4MOA 100 yard retro rifle/ammo/iron sight challenge. this is my best so far.

i fear i'm not in the lead, but it was foggy, the sun was in my eyes,and there was a earthquake.

and you might hear Minute of Arc instead of angle, i think Arc is more correct but they've become interchangable terms.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
funny enough one of my interactions with Rijas at a gun show concerned this subject.

he (Mr Rijas?)  stated as well as guaranteeing them forever (wonder how that's working out today) they would shoot MOA with any ammo up to 1000 yards.

so i say, "this rifle shoots 6" groups at 600 yards?"

yep.  (a .223 drops over 10 feet at 600 yds btw)

with Wolf?

yep.

or what?

whataya mean "or what"?

it'll shoot it...or what? what are you gonna do if it doesn't ? give me my money back? make it do it? (600 yds you'd have to holdover 10 feet), wear a tutu to the range? what?

he harumphed a bit then just walked away.

i shoulda bought that magical rifle

kinda related NoDak Spud issued a 4MOA 100 yard retro rifle/ammo/iron sight challenge. this is my best so far.

<a href="http://s367.photobucket.com/user/hotdogit250/media/6-28-15%20002_zpsma8z1iqr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/hotdogit250/6-28-15%20002_zpsma8z1iqr.jpg</a>

i fear i'm not in the lead, but it was foggy, the sun was in my eyes,and there was a earthquake.

and you might hear Minute of Arc instead of angle, i think Arc is more correct but they've become interchangable terms.

View Quote

Rijas is such an idiot. Talk about a guy that is card carrying ignorant.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
hey google "shooter ready"
or http://www.shooterready.com/
its a great practice tool.
View Quote

Will do. Thanks twisty
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Wow. Good video. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top