Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2015 9:21:44 PM EDT
I haven't been in three or four years, thought I might drive up Saturday and waste some time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess that would be a no.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there all 3 days looking for a steal on an Armalite AR50
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there with bells on all day Saturday.  What an awesome place to celebrate liberty.  I love the big show!

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be visiting Tulsa to help out a friend there with two tables.  I think we're in the 20's (I'd like to say 21) but not positive yet.  I'll be wearing my tan BFL hat so if you see it, say hi!

It'll be the second time I've been there.  Last November was the first and it was pretty overwhelming to see the quantity of stuff.  Seemed like something for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be visiting Tulsa to help out a friend there with two tables.  I think we're in the 20's (I'd like to say 21) but not positive yet.  I'll be wearing my tan BFL hat so if you see it, say hi!

It'll be the second time I've been there.  Last November was the first and it was pretty overwhelming to see the quantity of stuff.  Seemed like something for everyone.
View Quote

Cool, what are y'all selling?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

He sells mostly long guns that are of the older versions (not hardly anything new, but sometimes).  Usually the nice wood stocks or collector stuff (like some 1873 Winchesters, 1950's Marlin 39A's) and  He has some collector-grade pistols (original cardboard box stuff) and a few new (maybe).  I'm not quite sure of what the actual inventory he's going to have--he lives a couple of hours away from me and he has a lot more than the two tables he'll have to show on, so he'll pick and choose what to take in the next couple of days.  I can always ask him about anything in particular, but I don't do any of the selling.  Just the sitting and looking pretty.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]
It's good to know a few of you guys will be there. I'll be on the lookout for B.F.L.'s.
Mine will be on a tan hat also.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be wearing a FL Gator ball cap and a tan backpack.  Holler if you spot me, I'll be the one loving life.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Dang, I wish I could go .  It's been at least a decade since I've been.  My sis really wants to go, she's never been.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Was planning on going Sunday, the Saturday crowds make it very hard to see everything.  Had something come up and not sure if  I can make it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Going Saturday morning, hopefully right when it opens.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Walked through today.  Snagged an HK MP5 20 rd mag for $30., marked as 20 but i think its 15.  No matter.  Some vendors I haven't seen before.  A lot of custom AR upper vendors.  High demand at the reloading and the powders I was looking for were scarce and expensive.  Varget and Accurate 1680.  Did find some but most are $35 to $39 for a pound.  Scored some wc680 in place of 1680 and I am OK with that.  Didn't ha e as much time as I would have liked but then who does!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I've never been before, and it looks like I'm going to keep that streak alive. Maybe next time...
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Well my plans are working about normal. I may go tomorrow, I may go Sunday, or I may not get to go at all now.
I never know what to expect hour to hour around here much less from one day to the next.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Found out our two tables are at 20B, which is row 13 if you're looking at the pillar numbers.  Kind of across from folks with the big, "Wanted Antiques Collectables" sign.  He brought a bunch of Winchester model 70's (some pre 1964), some Rem 700 & 788s, some Brownings, and some others that he couldn't fit on the table yet.  I walked around and ended up buying some 1# of powder from the guy behind us (found out he relatively lives close to me).  Bought some sparkly stuff for my wife (because she was nice enough to let me come, so I'd like for her to let me do it again ).
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well my plans are working about normal. I may go tomorrow, I may go Sunday, or I may not get to go at all now.
I never know what to expect hour to hour around here much less from one day to the next.
View Quote

I'm working too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep. LaRue hat & ....... LaRue shirt.

Who'da thunk it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Dang, I would KILL for a pink LaRue hat...I go to sleep with visions of a PredatOBR 7.62 instead of sugar plums dancing in my head.  

A PredatOBR 7.62 and a pink LaRue hat.....that's all I need.

A PredatOBR 7.62, a pink LaRue hat and this thermos...that's all I need.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dang, I would KILL for a pink LaRue hat...I go to sleep with visions of a PredatOBR 7.62 instead of sugar plums dancing in my head.  

A PredatOBR 7.62 and a pink LaRue hat.....that's all I need.

A PredatOBR 7.62, a pink LaRue hat and this thermos...that's all I need.
View Quote

Larue was asking about a 260 Rem or 6.5 Creedmoor, that would be amazing. Lower recoil, better long range potential, still use 308 mags.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who'da thunk it?
View Quote

Fanboi.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I went to the big gun show today. Met JefferAl, nice guy. Bought a set of plates and carrier from Armor Advantage out of Purcell. Nice fellow to deal with. Five hrs. at the show, I'm tired.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Fanboi.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who'da thunk it?

Fanboi.

Bought some WW2 trinkets and sold a Tomcat .32

Was fun but nothing really caught my eye.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I made it out there a little after noon and stayed until they were shutting the place down. My knees and back are still aching.
Looked at a couple of FNX45"s (I've been wanting one for a while) but I can get a better deal from my L.G.S.
I did pick up a set of grips and new belt and holster for one of my Blackhawks. Always have a good time just seeing what there is to see.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I went to the big gun show today. Met JefferAl, nice guy. Bought a set of plates and carrier from Armor Advantage out of Purcell. Nice fellow to deal with. Five hrs. at the show, I'm tired.
View Quote

Great meeting you too!  I'm glad you stopped by.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Great show this year.  I got a great deal on a navy camo  50th 10/22, picked up some ak and 22 mags and got some great exercise in.

I was disappointed that firing line and apex did not have tables at this show :(

I also avoided the chicken sticks

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I was able to make it out there. I was hoping CMC would be there, but I did find some reloading stuff and some Federal HST.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was able to make it out there. I was hoping CMC would be there, but I did find some reloading stuff and some Federal HST.
View Quote

I picked up the only box of Wolf Large Rifle primers I could find for $25
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#28]
D'oh!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#29]
I had a great time.  Heard lots of interesting stories and saw a lot of interesting people.  Kept on watching Dan Haggerty walking back an forth in front of our table.  I missed Hank Williams Jr, though.  I guess he was walking around and was talking to some of my friends at another table.

I'm planning on coming back in November to hang out again, so I'll pop back up on this HTF then to say hi.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I had not been in about 25 years, and a friend talked me into it. Had a good time except for the aisle clogging wives and girlfriends that were wishing they were anywhere else besides the show. Got lowballed on a Del-Ton AR I was trying to sell, mainly by dealers telling me how undesireable DTI products are lol. Chicken on a stick was damn good, and I was amazed at some of the tables that had very little merch on them. Made me wonder how the dealer was going to make enough to pay for the rent. Had an asshole dealer tell my friend that S&W never put square grip screw bushings on their 9mm pistols. Couple hours later we found a Smith 9, asked the dealer to remove the grip panel, and guess what? Yeah the bushings were square.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was amazed at some of the tables that had very little merch on them. Made me wonder
View Quote

A couple of observations on this...

1) Sometimes they sell all their stuff
2) Sometimes its because they are only there to talk to other people and not actually sell
3) Sometimes they only have a few demo items, like the people next to me and behind me..both had the ability to build and sell a lot of product but they were not there for the general public, they were there to find new leads to manufacture for and they both seemed to pick up leads.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I had not been in about 25 years, and a friend talked me into it. Had a good time except for the aisle clogging wives and girlfriends that were wishing they were anywhere else besides the show. Got lowballed on a Del-Ton AR I was trying to sell, mainly by dealers telling me how undesireable DTI products are lol. Chicken on a stick was damn good, and I was amazed at some of the tables that had very little merch on them. Made me wonder how the dealer was going to make enough to pay for the rent. Had an asshole dealer tell my friend that S&W never put square grip screw bushings on their 9mm pistols. Couple hours later we found a Smith 9, asked the dealer to remove the grip panel, and guess what? Yeah the bushings were square.
View Quote

Find any old holsters? You are the holster king of Oklahoma are you not? LOL

I really wish I had kept my old duty holsters.  Some were mine that I used and others were vintage holsters I bought mega cheap.  All I have left is my old handcuff case with all the clarino shiny stuff cracked and peeling.  It even still has my cuffs in it, never know when you'll need a set of handcuffs.  I have a sweet pair of hinged pink handcuffs too but no furry ones.

Do you ever have any non-LE style holsters?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top