Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 4:02:12 PM EDT
So I am going to be attending 5 months of Officer training on Fort Sill, and since I am National Guard, I WILL NOT have the option of living off base. I am required to live ON post in officer quarters/lodging. Im not about to register my firearms and store them in an armory.

Where can I store a firearm in Lawton OK? Any gun stores, hunting lodges, etc? I am likely to bring a SXS shotgun and a handgun for carry.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a tough one. If you stored them with an FFL you would still have to register them, fill out paperwork when you went to pick them up, at least I think so since the store would be taking possession of them for an extended period of time. The military cracks me up. They trust you guys with grenade launchers, yet they don't trust you to have a pea shooter in your room

As for hunting opportunities, there's a wildlife refuge on the north side of Ft. Sill that has a lottery hunt every season. You should check out the refuge even if you don't get a tag, it's a natural wonder, best kept secret in Oklahoma. Check out the Narrows and Crab Eyes areas, you won't be disappointed. Rock Rooms is also pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about storing the with someone.

How about getting a small storage unit or locker?
Not sure what a small unit would go for on a 6 month contract.

Couple of places to also check are Cache Road Rx (on C) and Ausley's (sp?) on D. Both are dealers. They might have some ideas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top