Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 5:56:43 PM EDT
My daughter wants a design on her new Genesis bow and guess who gets to do it.

I know the arrow rest piece is metal and I think the arms are plastic. Im not sure how they got the paint on the rest piece, maybe some kind of baked on finish but I don think its removable.

I don't need to remove paint, but more of how can I get another layer of paint on a bow? Would it be similar to painting an AR, some simple green and hot water to degrease it and then paint?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like it would work or you could get it hydrodipped and have a really professional looking finish.

If I had the money I'd buy new limbs for my bow to lower the draw weight and have it hydrodipped.  I'm thinking a pink skulls camo design would look awesome.  Alas, ain't gonna happen but that's what I would do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Most high end bows are painted with an airbrush using acrylic paint, then shot with a clear coat.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ill probably try it tomorrow and see what happens. I took her to wilshire for some practice. I don't think she did too bad but I noticed she has a habit of shooting to the left. I need to investigate further and find out if the school archery coach is teaching POA/POI. I tried to to teach her but... teenage girls...

Before I try to second coach her, the basic marksmanship principals for Bow are the same for shooting right? POA/POI idea still the same, breathing and relaxing and such?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Finger tabs or a release will improve shooting. If she is shooting left and pulling the string back with her right hand, it is her release causing it to go left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top