Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:37:34 AM EDT
Heard from a cop friend how CLEET want all officers in Oklahoma to register their home address so it can be entered into a central database!

Any other LEOs on here heard of this bs?

His main concern is what if this database were hacked, and all of their addresses leaked online.  You can't reverse something like that.  I say his concerns are valid.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Been a long time since I was in the biz but I don't really care for that idea.  If the governments most secure databases can be accessed illegally, how hard would it be for someone to get into something like they are proposing? That gives me the willies...I can't think of a single good reason to do it but I can think of several bad ones.  I'd tell them I live on a hot air balloon.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're CLEET certified and have a RFP, they will have you and your address on file already.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're CLEET certified and have a RFP, they will have you and your address on file already.
View Quote

That's true but it's different from a mandatory nationwide database of current address.  When I got my certification I moved twice afterwards and wasn't required to notify CLEET of my current address each time.  I'd be willing to bet at least half of the current addresses on file with CLEET aren't correct.  I don't agree with forcing anyone with a CLEET cert to notify them of an address change, they aren't sex offenders.  There's no good reason to force folks to provide that information.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top