Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2014 4:36:28 PM EDT
Hey guys and or gals! Myself and an associate will be in Ada most likely in the first part of December(Time frame is subject to change.....). We are hauling a T34 back to Arizona. What we need is about 7-10 mattresses to pack the wings with.

We are seeking leads or tips on places that may have some free mattresses or locals that have old mattresses that they want hauled off for free! We will dispose of them in Arizona.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you turn us on to a supplier or donate a mattress or two I will mail/drop off a calendar for you. Also if any of you want to meet up we went to The Field house last time we were in Ada and really liked that place.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

Luke
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Those were going to be our fall back plan. In Illinois where the plane was originally we found a mattress reseller that gave us a dozen or so that he was going to get tossed anyways.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
This was Kansas, IL where we loaded the plane up bound for Ada.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's the trainer derived from the Beech Bonanza isn't it?
View Quote

Indeed it is! Beechcraft T34 Mentor

It last flew about 8-9 years ago. Landed in Tuscoola, IL and there it sat. We hauled it to Ada to get it checked out. Its been checked out now we gotta bring her home.

This is an operational one.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#6]
You might try some of the furniture stores that haul off old mattresses.  There is Hisaw Warehouse (580) 332-1434;   Rhynes & Rhodes (580) 436-1050;  West Sales  (580) 332-1270, and Hudsons Furniture (580) 436-2340.  I can't think of any others.  That is the only source I can think of in the area for old mattresses no guaranties that they will have any but it may be worth a shot.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]
That plane is awesome, what a beauty!  I love seeing old birds fly again...

Wish I had an old mattress or two to donate to the cause.  Are you out of Luke AFB? Was curious since the screen name/Arizona /airplane thing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wish I had an old mattress or two to donate to the cause.  Are you out of Luke AFB? Was curious since the screen name/Arizona /airplane thing.
View Quote

No I work in Scottsdale, Az. Im hoping the owner will find a way to mount a mini gun to this plane. He has done it on others.....

Another picture from the hangar.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Luke Duke was one of the brothers on The Dukes of Hazzard, brothers Bo and Luke Duke.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Luke Duke was one of the brothers on The Dukes of Hazzard, brothers Bo and Luke Duke.

Ding ding! My dad has been calling me Luke Duke for as long as I can remember. I was named after Lucas Mccain.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, I grew up watching that show, love that General Lee!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No I work in Scottsdale, Az. Im hoping the owner will find a way to mount a mini gun to this plane. He has done it on others.....

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/lukeduke423/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141030_154926_zpsxpd72vfh.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/lukeduke423/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141030_154926_zpsxpd72vfh.jpg

Oh that Huey is awesome!!! Riding in a Huey is on my bucket list.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too!  Hopefully the owner will let me catch a ride. I don't care if I shoot the mini gun or not. Lol
Top Top