Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have seen the BS that goes on over AR vs shotgun in GD, you should know why I smarted off.
There is no discussion to speak of. It dissolves to only smart a**es  spouting ridicule.
No one wants to see that here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have seen the BS that goes on over AR vs shotgun in GD, you should know why I smarted off.
There is no discussion to speak of. It dissolves to only smart a**es  spouting ridicule.
View Quote

I agree that should be avoided, but that isn't what is happening here.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Neither meet the the minimum penetration standards set forth by the FBI.
I'll say again planning to try to disable and not kill is not a good plan. What if your plan fails? How do you know you will then have time to stop the attack?
View Quote

Well that kind of goes for any plan now doesnt it? The only goal i think you should have in protecting your loved ones in your home is to stop the would be attacker. Not decapitate him, not dismember or otherwise destroy him, just to stop him. If you have have that smallest moment possible to take his legs out, you disabled him versus going straight for center mass. And bare in mind, that is only with a shotgun if someone so choses to use it...handgun, straight center mass. I dont really know what you read into my post...because your last question doesnt make any sense to me. As i said before, 2, 8 shot rounds backed up with 4 shot or higher. If you going to miss with the 8 and the 4, then you are a victim. And you know what, the FBI can conduct all the tests they want, i am not really to interested in that. What i am interested in is my own home defense the way i see fit.

Regardless of hour of night or circumstances, you are 100% responsible for everything you do, in your house, with your firearms...and the judicial system will hold you accountable for the decisions and actions that you take. You may be considered righteous and no charges, or you may not be so lucky and face Court time. But the scrutiny you will go through will be something short of amazing considering the continuous barrage attacking the stand your ground laws or whatever across out country. Personally, i chose to stop if possible, rather then kill. If i can stop/disable the dude, get my family out, and wait for cops, the better off i am. If that is not an option, then i am fully prepared and capable of ending a life. But i want the choice to be there for me at the time of need.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you have a link to this story? I would like to read it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thats what that guy up in MI shot that girl with in the face was a 12guage...he just got sentenced to what 15-30 years for second degree manslaughter and 2 years for firearm in commission of a felony? Wonder what he would have faced had he shot waste down, took a leg out or something...then he would face attempted 2nd degree manslaughter and lawsuit for crippling her...

Do you have a link to this story? I would like to read it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/03/us-usa-crime-dearbornheights-idUSKBN0GY14C20140903
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Everything i have stated in this thread is my own opinion and not meant for anyone to take it for more then what it is, just an opinion(s).

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#7]
had to look again,thought I walked into GD
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's all right to happen here. It's about as quiet as a grave yard anyway.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll take my carbine any day over my handgun for any potential gunfight.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top