Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 8:04:36 PM EDT
There wasn't any knife picture area and I know some of you guys are into them so I thought I would post a pic.  These are what I could find, there are a few more somewhere I can't remember.

First off...I'm not a knife a collector and these are all just knives that I've bought for specific purposes or happened into them and bought them just because they were a good deal.

The Buck Vanguard 100 year Anniversary was my first hunting knife, I chose it because it was the anniversary edition and had a gut hook and was a Buck and was a great looking knife. I had never used a gut hook before so I was just guessing and at the time I was extremely new to deer hunting altogether. Turned out I tried the gut hook and it didn't really work that well, of course I could been doing it wrong LOL. Other than that the knife has proven to work great and be quite the lucky knife. Seems every time I carried it, myself or someone in the group arrowed a deer. I have babied that knife and she and the sheath are still in excellent condition.

The giant Uncle Henry folding bowie (they actually call them that) was a gift from a friend when I said I liked it after seeing it in a display. It's an actual made in USA early '80s vintage 227UH, not one of the many fakes and cheap reproductions. Obviously it's in brand new condition, the sheath/case has weathered all the wear, which hasn't been much when you consider the age. I never had use for it, I liked the look of it and I keep it for sentimental reasons. They have gone up significantly in price since then and one in this condition is all but impossible to find. I still love the knife.

The small Cold Steel Ti Lite knife is one great little knife. I'm not sure why I bought it but I'm really glad I did, it's been far more useful than I expected a "dagger" style knife to be.

The big Colt Steel Ti Lite is a beast. It's the model with the billet aluminum scales and even folded it's one seriously impressive weapon, unfolded it's just terrifying. I bought it because I loved the little one so much but, honestly, I don't have much use for it. Would be great for someone who traveled and wanted to carry a really big knife that can fold down to half it's size and still be used as a very effective weapon folded. It's just sitting in the safe now, still brand new.

The Ka Bar Cutlass machete/giant knife was because I wanted something to work as a machete but more compact for my bug out bag. This beast is awesome. It has a very thick carbon steel blade and will hack through a barn in no time flat as long as your arm holds out. It's still dirty from it getting used to hack down some brush and I didn't realize it was dirty until I pulled it out.

The Ka Bar "fighting knife" I bought because I liked the color and I wanted a full size "outdoor/survival" knife that I could carry or keep in my bug out bag. I trust Ka Bar and for the cost they are hard to beat in my opinion. It's a great knife even if I never actually get to use it or the rest of them.

The Gerber LMF II Survival knife sold itself...it's just nice and should the time ever come where such a thing is needed, this Gerber will definitely do it to it. It also came with a seatbelt/cord/strap/whatever cutter that is in the bug out bag also.

The M9 bayonet is brand spankin new, as in never used, in new condition from Ontario Knife Company. I got it for a great price and I wanted to build an M16 clone rifle so I figured it would look good on there in a display someday maybe. Basically one of those things I bought because the price was right, not for any specific reason.

The DPx HEST Original I bought with the intention of using as a neck knife but it was just a bit too big/heavy for that use. After looking it over I saw it was a very, very nice knife and I've kept it just in case I may find a use for it. It is an excellent knife.

The little fork/knife/spoon thing was sort of a novelty that I thought was cool. It is a Ka Bar and stainless which is cool plus it comes completely apart so you can use each utensil independently. It reminded me of all the crazy camping related gizmos that I saw growing up except that this was actually really well built and designed.

The little blue folder and pink folder are Buck assisted opening knives that are my "carry" knives that I usually have on me for day to day stuff. They are fantastic little knives and I'm a huge fan

The tiny little folder is cutest little knife ever. It's a Kershaw Grant County and it really is tiny but it's also very well built and very solid. You would think such a little knife would be flimsy and cheap but this Kershaw is built really well, just a tiny version of a big lock blade.

There's also a Paul Chen Practical Plus katana that wouldn't fit in the picture LOL.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
my knives are tomato slicers or gasket scrapers, sometimes both.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, I knew a guy that was using his pocket knife to cut slices off an apple he was eating.  About halfway through the apple he stops, gets this really sick look on his face and starts gagging.  Someone asked if he found a worm in his apple.  He's turning green and gagging...and says "worse, I just remembered I used my knife a little earlier to scrape dog sh!t off my boot and I forgot to clean it".  

LOL....now that was funny.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah...fond memories of deer camp...your one knife does all...cuts you meal, guts your deer...oh yeah...somethings you just have to not let bother you...and wondering about the dried blood at the base of the knife would be one of those...and Brandi, i didnt see a Buck 110 in your picture...i thought everyone owned one of them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh yeah...fond memories of deer camp...your one knife does all...cuts you meal, guts your deer...oh yeah...somethings you just have to not let bother you...and wondering about the dried blood at the base of the knife would be one of those...and Brandi, i didnt see a Buck 110 in your picture...i thought everyone owned one of them.
View Quote

Pretty much every guy I knew had one or a variation of one but, nope, don't have one of those.  I don't need most of the ones in the picture LOL.  Some I keep for sentimental reasons, others for those "Just In Case" times and a couple because they're cute (that little Kershaw Grant County with the jigged bone scales and nickel hardware is my Buck 110 LOL).  I probably should sell some of them, I have no idea why I have this many dang knives...my kitchen is even worse.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
All my hunting and otherwise knives were in the console of my '74 K-5 blazer...i went to school and my ex-wife drove it to Tucson to a super k-mart and left it there to be towed...that was in 1997 and i still dont know what happened to that vehicle...and its contents....yeah, vindictive ex's are hazardous...she sold all my reloading stuff for 50 bucks...i was like, you friggin tramp. Yep learned allot with that woman...guess divorce didnt set good with her...
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All my hunting and otherwise knives were in the console of my '74 K-5 blazer...i went to school and my ex-wife drove it to Tucson to a super k-mart and left it there to be towed...that was in 1997 and i still dont know what happened to that vehicle...and its contents....yeah, vindictive ex's are hazardous...she sold all my reloading stuff for 50 bucks...i was like, you friggin tramp. Yep learned allot with that woman...guess divorce didnt set good with her...
View Quote

Wow...that is a pretty crappy thing to do to someone, regardless if you're mad at them or not.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL, I knew a guy that was using his pocket knife to cut slices off an apple he was eating.  About halfway through the apple he stops, gets this really sick look on his face and starts gagging.  Someone asked if he found a worm in his apple.  He's turning green and gagging...and says "worse, I just remembered I used my knife a little earlier to scrape dog sh!t off my boot and I forgot to clean it".  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finding a worm is a hell of a lot better than only finding half of one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL, Not a bad start. is that old U.H. worth more than the others?

Gabby.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LOL, Not a bad start. is that old U.H. worth more than the others?

Gabby.
View Quote

Actually it is.  They weren't typical factory Uncle Henry's because they were made especially for small displays of "specialty" knives to be put in some stores.  The displays were all stand up styles that held several unusual models, in this case a really big folding bowie and were sold for a couple years.  These were made when UH was building very high quality knives so they are nothing like the clones made now.  This particular model is being made again overseas under the UH name but they obviously don't hold the value of the American made originals.  I've never seen, in person or online, one (an original) in new condition like mine.  I'll never use it so it'll stay in new condition and just keep gaining value.  It's not worth huge money but for a pocket knife it's valuable.  If I remember correctly it's from 1983 or 1984 when I was purchased so probably made a year or so before then.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]
One of these days I'm going to steal my dad's original Gerber Mk II.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One of these days I'm going to steal my dad's original Gerber Mk II.
View Quote

I've seen a lot of people collecting those, are they that good of knives?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:13:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I think they're pretty bad ass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#15]
That Uncle Henry is nice.  I have a few Schrade and Uncle Henry knives that I really like.  I remember when they closed the factory in the US.  I wish I had bought every one of the Uncle Henry knives I had seen the next few years after that.  I can remember the local feed store and all the lumber yards had Schrade displays then.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That Uncle Henry is nice.  I have a few Schrade and Uncle Henry knives that I really like.  I remember when they closed the factory in the US.  I wish I had bought every one of the Uncle Henry knives I had seen the next few years after that.  I can remember the local feed store and all the lumber yards had Schrade displays then.
View Quote

Yeah, I grew up in a small town and there was always a Schrade Uncle Henry display of their coolest knives in the hardware store or the feed store.  You could find the standard models in the store displays but there was always that stand up wooden locked cabinet that held the best stuff.  I wasn't actually into knives but when you grow up in the country everyone carries a knife so unless you wanted to keep asking one of the guys to borrow theirs you got your own.  That UH227 was mine but it didn't get used.  I had a couple small folders I used, one I still have, is another Uncle Henry but a small two blade that has been ground down a half dozen times because I broke the blade.

The "new" Uncle Henry's are not Uncle Henry in my opinion.  If they aren't made in the US, they aren't legit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I took pictures of my knives recently, I have a ZT0350 and HK 14715 on the way to join these.
" />
" />
Don't consider myself a collector, I just overdo some things.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought I had a lot of knives for someone who didn't collect them but you win that award lol.  I almost bought one of those Becker's but chose the standard Kabar "fighting knife" style instead.  I do like the Becker knives though, hard to beat the price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top