Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2014 11:29:29 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I just got through building my first AR pistol. Took it out to the range today and the only problem I am having with it is that when I fire the gun, the trigger doesn't reset. I had to move the trigger forward with my finger after each shot so it would reset. Is this caused by a certain spring or the whole trigger assembly?
Help please!

Other than this, it shot great and accurate. I tried my new Vortex Sparc and it was dead on everytime.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at your trigger spring... it may be upside down.

archived thread
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
i'm guessing you didn't do the function test  while building.(disregard the good (full auto) stuff)
disassemble and check all the fire control group parts, especially the springs.
make sure the disconnect spring isn't upside down (larger diameter end goes down, into the trigger) and the others aren't backwards or upside down.
building a lower
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:05:32 AM EDT
[#3]
What every you do don't leave out the disconnect  spring
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Your trigger spring is upside down or you have the legs on the receiver floor. Had that issue on my first AR.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I will tear it apart and check the trigger springs.
Appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
On one of my builds...the trigger would not reset...i didnt even notice it as i hadnt function checked it at that point...i went to cold hand arms for a part and i took it with me...Steve was messing with the lower and noticed it...he examined it said it was all together correctly and he sprayed some WD40 like stuff into it and worked it around a bit...then it worked...and it still works.

I think it was just something on the springs binding by finish on the metal or whatever, but it has never given me a problem since.

So after you make sure it is all together correctly and if it still has the problem...lube it with a spray cleaner type lube and work it around...then do an open receiver function check (as we called it in the service). If it is still binding up, replace the trigger group with another set and keep the old one for spare parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top