Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 5:43:17 PM EDT
If one needed fishing sinkers in a pinch, could one take unjacketed cast lead bullets, drill a hole in the center and use that? Or are cast bullets and lead sinkers made of different material?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty much the same thing...lead casting i thought had a slight alloy about them, but majority would still be good old dense lead.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If one needed fishing sinkers in a pinch, could one take unjacketed cast lead bullets, drill a hole in the center and use that? Or are cast bullets and lead sinkers made of different material?
View Quote

Aren't you a Marine? I've always heard Marines have sand in their boots and lead in their ass. That means you should be able to crap one!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahaha thats funny.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aren't you a Marine? I've always heard Marines have sand in their boots and lead in their ass. That means you should be able to crap one!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last one i pooped wasn't exactly lead
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was from uranium.

Lame, I know.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was from uranium Uranus.

Lame, I know.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was from uranium Uranus.

Lame, I know.  

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe a little work on your form? Get them puppies round.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope I live to see the day where bullets are more common than fishing weights LOL.  That question cracked me up LOL.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:03:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure it was far too large to use for a fishing sinker. You could probably use it for ship ballast though!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#11]
damn near anything you can fix to the line would work as a sinker, bolts, nuts, rocks, sparkplugs etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
damn near anything you can fix to the line would work as a sinker, bolts, nuts, rocks, sparkplugs etc.
View Quote

this.

the whole purpose of a 'sinker' is to 'sink' the bait down to where the fish are.

eta: thats my kind of fishing...tightlining on the bottom.  tie a sinker to the end of the line and then a hook on a leader about a foot up from the weight.  pull the line taught between two fingers and wait for a jiggle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was probably a "stinker", not a sinker. Although I suppose it could be both.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't ever want to fish downstream from y'all.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Downwind wouldbe much worse.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see someone has hung out with ol Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top