Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2014 1:33:00 PM EDT

I'm just about ready to enter the NFA realm, done some research but nothing turning up locally, I know I want a trust right off the get go. I'm ready to buy a .22 suppressor for my first.

I'm near Enid, if you are local you know Bill's is out of the question, so any suggestions on local lawyers, trust cost, and suppressor stores? I assume I will have to go to OKC but if one is closer would be fantastic.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol @ Bills, I called them up to ask about their transfer fees and they quoted me for $50 if they had the same model in their shop. Nooooo thanks.

To answer your question, google Matthew Winton Law he is out of Edmond. Fill out a little paperwork and send it his way with a $200 check. I just dropped mine in the mail yesterday.

I believe there are a couple class 3 dealers in OKC or in the surrounding areas.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol @ Bills, I called them up to ask about their transfer fees and they quoted me for $50 if they had the same model in their shop. Nooooo thanks.

To answer your question, google Matthew Winton Law he is out of Edmond. Fill out a little paperwork and send it his way with a $200 check. I just dropped mine in the mail yesterday.

I believe there are a couple class 3 dealers in OKC or in the surrounding areas.
View Quote
I'll look into that. Thanks. And yes Bill's prices and attitude is pretty much a no go for me, I use small home based FFL's and save hundreds over Bill's. Bill's has a PTR-91 ($1000 gun online) marked at $2000, that's just crazy

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
If you buy from the Silencer Shop in Texas they'll do a trust for you for free. You won't pay sales tax and they'll also ship it for free. Steve @ CHA will do your transfer for $50 but you'll still have less invested once you factor in the tax and attorney savings.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Bill's in Enid is .    I vowed back in 2004 never to go back in there.

As for a C3 dealer that could help you, check out Bill Stover in Yukon.  He did two of my stamps. (405) 354-0225

And lastly if you need an FFL in Enid, I used Bill Powell numerous times.  (580) 402-1115 or (580) 237-0638.

That's a lot of Bills.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you buy from the Silencer Shop in Texas they'll do a trust for you for free. You won't pay sales tax and they'll also ship it for free. Steve @ CHA will do your transfer for $50 but you'll still have less invested once you factor in the tax and attorney savings.
View Quote
That sounds like a win-win deal there, I'll check that out for sure, would save some $. Would it have to be shipped to Bill's (C3 Dealer)? I was pretty sure it would bit not positive
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

As for a C3 dealer that could help you, check out Bill Stover in Yukon.  He did two of my stamps. (405) 354-0225

And lastly if you need an FFL in Enid, I used Bill Powell numerous times.  (580) 402-1115 or (580) 237-0638.

That's a lot of Bills.
View Quote
I use a couple home based ones in Enid, Jonathan Pritchett 580-747-0412, really cheap guy, and Gray Wolf Arms 580-554-3247 also cheap and a retired Marine

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use a couple home based ones in Enid, Jonathan Pritchett 580-747-0412, really cheap guy, and Gray Wolf Arms 580-554-3247 also cheap and a retired Marine  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a lot of Bills.

Cool.   I don't live in Enid anymore.  I've been in OKC since '05.  Bill Powell is retired AF.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Steve at Cold Hand arms does the suppressor stuff too...almost every time iam in there someone in there with suppressor related business...he is a very nice guy and his transfer rates are i dont know something like 20.00 unless your military and/or vet, then he cheaper then that. And he is always helpful with anything you purchase and his prices are comparable to most online. I have purchased all my lowers from him and most of the parts kits for them, as they were not cheaper online once you add shipping.

EDIT: He is in OKC.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Steve at Cold Hand arms does the suppressor stuff too...almost every time iam in there someone in there with suppressor related business...he is a very nice guy and his transfer rates are i dont know something like 20.00 unless your military and/or vet, then he cheaper then that. And he is always helpful with anything you purchase and his prices are comparable to most online. I have purchased all my lowers from him and most of the parts kits for them, as they were not cheaper online once you add shipping.

View Quote

Steve is a great asset to our community.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wish I was closer, I'm an hour and a half north on 74

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Sooner State Pawn will set up a trust if you buy an NFA goodie from them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Steve also worked with a lawyer to set up a NFA specific trust template not to long ago if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:12:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sooner State Pawn will set up a trust if you buy an NFA goodie from them.
View Quote
I've heard allot about sooner state but never heard they were class 3

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#16]

That's cool, the more the merrier! I wish suppressors and the the other NFA items could get more "mainstream" maybe we could lose some of the stupid laws and regs

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Oh that M-79 is making me moist!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Are the Thompson and AK under priced? The Thompson sure seemed cheap, I was under the impression they would be around $40,000-$50,000? Not that it really changes anything for me, I still can't get one at $20k!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top