Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 1:47:06 PM EDT
I need some help y'all... I've got three very young kitties that need a home.  They are "feral" only because they were born outdoors.  Two are sisters and one is a slightly younger kitty that showed up one day and was adopted by the two sisters who had recently just lost their sister.  They desperately need homes, the mosquitoes and fleas are killing these babies and it's breaking my heart.  We have three cats already, two that were rescued ferals and one adopted rescue kitten so we just don't have the room for more.  If someone would like an indoor cat (if you plan on keeping it outside then this is not for you) and has a good home and is willing to adopt a kitty and take one or more to the vet for vaccinations and such please let me know.

I have the two related sisters that are extremely bonded together so keeping them together would be best and having two kitties allows them to play and stay fit.  The sisters are a completely white with a tinge of yellow on her tail (never seen that before) with beautiful blue eyes.  The second sister is a gorgeous Siamese also with the same beautiful blue eyes.  Third adoptee sister is a gray and black tabby with a sort of Bengal pattern, she has darker eyes and also has one eye with an infection that needs attention.  I'm going to attempt to give her medicine but I just can't afford the vet bills to take her.  She is the bravest of the three with very long legs, a long tail and as cute as can be.  She will be one of those that loves to play when she's older.

All three are in OKC and I can provide pics if you're interested.  I may post a pic later.  I want them to go to a good indoor home with someone who wants a companion and will take care of them.  They really need homes quickly, we are keeping them fed and watered but it's not enough with the heat outside and the mosquitoes and fleas.  If you are willing to take one, both sisters or even better all three please let me know.  They are all females so no issues with marking or attitude from these babies.

UPDATE:
Still have some beautiful kittens who need a family! As you can see they are beautiful and very attached to each other as any children would be in their situation.  The tabby was brought in today because she was emaciated from the blood loss due to mosquitoes and fleas.  We washed her to kill as many fleas as possible and have built her a place to live in the garage until she's adopted.  I gave her medicine for her eye and should have that healed up in time (my kitty had the same problem so I had medicine left over).  If anyone would like to adopt one or preferably more of these beautiful creatures you would be getting a great pet and save their lives in the process.  An outdoor cat has an estimated life span of 4 years while an indoor kitty has an estimated life span of 12-20.  You can see how important it is to keep your kitties as indoor only pets.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Seriously? Nobody wants a beautiful blue eyed kitty? The white one and Siamese are absolutely gorgeous! Somebody could make their wife very, very happy bringing home the twins! The little gray and black tabby is as cute as can be and is a certified love monster, she'll be the perfect companion to someone.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm quite amazed at the restraint shown so far.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I like dogs too but I prefer cats for indoor pets.  Actually I'm pretty happy with the restraint shown...we are really upset that we can't keep them ourselves and the thought of these beautiful kitties having to live wild outside, knowing that it means a very low life span, is heartbreaking.  We have three kitties already, two ferals that we took in and one that we adopted from the Humane Society.  We have the little gray tabby in the garage now because she was on the verge of death from the mosquitoes and fleas.  We washed her in Dawn really well and I haven't seen any fleas on her since but once we get her nursed back to health we'll have the vet give her vaccines and such.  If we can't find anyone to adopt her I guess we will keep her, I don't have the heart to put her out.  I really thought the white kitten and Siamese kitten sisters with the beautiful blues eyes would have gotten a new home quickly, I've raised more animals than I can ever count and these two are absolutely gorgeous, plus, being sisters they will always be attached to each other and keep each other company so they won't be too rambunctious when kept together.

I guess I'll have to hit up the Humane Society, they don't take in strays and such but since I've adopted a kitty from them before and donated food and other items in the past maybe they will take them.  As pretty as they are, I would think they would adopt out pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i'm quite amazed at the restraint shown so far.
View Quote

I am also amazed at the restraint shown so far, I see no restaurant, how fast can they run, and glove jokes or remarks.
I do not know what to say but, thank you for taking the high road AR15.com.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It probably wouldn't be hard to convince my mom to take them.  Convincing my dad to let her take them would be much more of a challenge.  And even if he allowed it, they would be outside cats.  My mom loves cats, but she refuses to have them in the house and if she tried, I think dad would divorce her over it anyway.  Outside cats around here are very lucky to make it 5 years before the coyotes, owls, hawks, and truck motors get them.

I know she's got a couple that are over 5 years old and may be crowding the 10 year mark, I'm not 100% sure exactly how old they are.  But they are the exception.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Brandi, I sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Yum stuffed with rice, yum good.................
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#9]
So much for taking the High Road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top