Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 7:44:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Cant say as I need this on my DL, but I think it is cool that the option is there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As an example, veterans can get 10% off at Lowes, I've spent close to $2,000 at Lowes in the last month, so that saved me a bit of money, but I had to take a copy of my Honorable Discharge with me to get it.  This new DL should eliminate the need to pull a copy out of my drawer when I go down to make a large purchase, I don't ask for it on small purchases, but when its going to amount to something, its worth some extra effort.

There are other places that give discounts to veterans also, with the veteran marking on my DL, I'll always have proof on me.
View Quote

Yeah I get some of those discounts with my VA Id.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As an example, veterans can get 10% off at Lowes, I've spent close to $2,000 at Lowes in the last month, so that saved me a bit of money, but I had to take a copy of my Honorable Discharge with me to get it.  This new DL should eliminate the need to pull a copy out of my drawer when I go down to make a large purchase, I don't ask for it on small purchases, but when its going to amount to something, its worth some extra effort.

There are other places that give discounts to veterans also, with the veteran marking on my DL, I'll always have proof on me.
View Quote

my wife would get pissed if i didnt aske for the discount.  Even if I purchased a .10 cent nut
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Well hell!

I just renewed last week and didn't know about this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.  I had no idea this was available.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:17:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I am still kind of puzzled why no is not using their VA ID cards, they do the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:24:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am still kind of puzzled why no is not using their VA ID cards, they do the same thing.
View Quote

I use my VA ID for anything over $20 depending on the store.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Not everyone gets a VA ID when they separate.  Its very easy to bring your DD214 when you get your Driver License.  

Also, you can get the Veteran logo on your Driver License if you are currently serving.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not everyone gets a VA ID when they separate.  Its very easy to bring your DD214 when you get your Driver License.  

Also, you can get the Veteran logo on your Driver License if you are currently serving.
View Quote

I never thought about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top