Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 7:56:23 PM EDT
Colorado native here wanting to come down to the great state of Oklahoma and do some hog hunting.  Can someone point me in a good direction of who to check out?  Are there hogs in around the pan handle?  Or if someone has a private ranch that allows hunting?

Thanks

Jeff
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You're pretty much out of luck, I can't count how many people I know that live here and haven't ever found a place to hunt hogs.  Your best best is southern OK or paying one of the professional places for a hunt.  I would love to go hog hunting but there's just no opportunity here, landowners won't let you on their property.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The reason this is the case is because they make money off of hunting leases.  No one is going to let you hunt for free anymore, and those who are not leasing the land do not want people   tearing their place up and while  I do not think most members here from the HTF would to that, its the reality of the situation.  

Having said that OP there is some public hunting land down in Southeastern Okla where anyone can go hunt assuming you possess and Oklahoma Hunting License, The land I am linking to is a large tract and isolated where cell service is not even good or existent. If you do not know the area I caution against going without someone who does. Lots of people have gotten lost in the Jack Fork Mountains.  

Also OP while Hogs are not considered a game animal in Oklahoma you will still need a Non Resident Hunting License.

Bolen Hollow State Public Hunting.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
you would have better luck in texas.

sorry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top