Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2014 8:31:31 PM EDT
Do anyone know where I can get this kind of key made?  Beside going to the dealer.  It’s for 2010 Toyota Camry if that matter.

key by gundamzaku999, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]

pretty sure you can't get a coded key from anyone but a dealership, I'm not 100% positive but I think that's the case.

Correction...you can buy them online but they still have to be programmed which is expensive but the ones bought from third party sources are notorious for being cheap and breaking within days or weeks of being used.  If it were me I'd pony up and buy an authentic key from the dealership.  Hope you get it sorted, it's a damn scam how much they charge for a key!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy one online and program it yourself. Not sure about a Toyota but on some cars you can program up to three blanks (with RFID chips) with the car. You put in the oroginal key, turn it on/off twice, then remove and insert the blank and turn it on.let it sit, remove, then put it in and turn on the car. It worked like that on my Dodge.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is an explanation of how to do it:
http://www.chadspictures.com/automotive/How-To-Program-Toyota-Key-Fob/
There are also youtube videos on how to do it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy one online and program it yourself. Not sure about a Toyota but on some cars you can program up to three blanks (with RFID chips) with the car. You put in the oroginal key, turn it on/off twice, then remove and insert the blank and turn it on.let it sit, remove, then put it in and turn on the car. It worked like that on my Dodge.
View Quote

Do this. Keys will be $10-$25ish on Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Read the reviews carefully before you buy, and skip over the shill reviews.  You'll be able to tell the difference because there will be several one star reviews and one or two "this is the greatest ever" 5 star reviews... uh huh.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Read the reviews carefully before you buy, and skip over the shill reviews.  You'll be able to tell the difference because there will be several one star reviews and one or two "this is the greatest ever" 5 star reviews... uh huh.
View Quote

You are thinking ebay, not Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope, Amazon...I looked them up there already.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are in the Okc area, there is a key shop on SW 59th just west of Blackwelder on the north side of the street that does stuff like that. My son has a ford explorer thar had to have a programmable key. Cost was $45.00 for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]
i swear i remember hearing a jackie cooper electronics commercial on the radio that said they offered this service.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nope, Amazon...I looked them up there already.
View Quote

I haven't had any bad experiences thru Amazon. Ebay is a lot more hassle if you have problems. Amazon just takes a return authorization and that is easily done via the internet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I found a place.  Tech Lock on SW 59th .

Got it for $53.10, much better than spending a few hundreds.  Thank guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top