Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2014 4:55:12 PM EDT
So I got the urge last fall to build me exactly what I wanted. A Mk 12 Mod 0 clone. Which I did....in, the obvious choice, 6.8 SPC II. For you 6.5 Gremlin fans I'm actually trying to talk my brother into getting on of those since he recently moved to Colorado and might could use a longer range rifle like that. I donno what he's gonna do tho, I'm guessing go with a 6.8 since I have good loads worked up n know more about it than I'd ever know about the 6.5G.

Anyways, here's my Mk 12 Mod 0 clone in 6.8 SCP II
The list of parts on it is basically identical to the real deal. Cept its in 6.8

Bison Armory upper with an 18" barrel
PRI Gen III rifle length free float tube
Mid length gas system. There's a low pro gas block under the fore arm for the gas.
OPs INC Muzzle Brake and Collar
PRI flip up front sight
ARMS INC rear buis
ARMS Inc SWAN sleeve
ARMS Inc throw lever scope rings
RRA 2 stage trigger
Ambi Safety
Magpul Buttstock and pistol grip
KNS anti roll pins
The scope is the same one my other 6.8 has on it. Nothing expensive or fancy, just one that works n that I like. Sight Mark 3x9x42
Not shown....the ARMS Inc throw lever bipod mount and the bipod. A lot cheaper to swap that item back n fourth between the 2 rifles.

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm doing a MK12 ModO myself, but it$ $low going.
$1500 scopes and $500 barrels take some saving up.
i do have a handle on a suitable (non F/A M16A1) lower though.
mine'll be rifle length and 5.56.
baby steps.

there is a tremendous amount of interest in this system, this thread is over 443 pages long!
it started in 2010 and doesn't leave the front page often.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
So does it need a A1 lower to be a clone?

BTW, good looking gun.  Going to put a suppressor on it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

the ModO does at least. somewhere down the road,once the concept was proven and accepted, they probably started using A2's instead of using turned in surplus National Guard A1's that were bound for Captain Crunch.
i don't know or care, i'm doing a ModO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Great looking rifle Rat.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
thats purty
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

According to pics I've seen of it out in the field, its doesn't necessarily have to have an A2 stock on it to be a clone.
I do plan on getting a suppressor for it one of these days. Both of my 6.8 rifles have the OPS Inc Brake and Collar on them so I can use the can for either one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
lower, not stock.
when the SPR was being developed at Crane NSWC they couldn't get current A2 (M4)  lowers so they used Nat'l Guard and other trade ins (they called it "free wood")   that were due to be destroyed, thus the MK12 Mod0 used a A1.
Sooo.... i'll do a 80% reprofiled to A1 and engraved properly.
eveything else is just money.

i'm sure eventually down the road as the concept was proven and was more accepted they used new production lowers, but not the Mod0
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh.....ok.....im just goin for the look, not one that could pass for the real thing. Heck if i was going for that ida went with a silly 5.56 chamber rather than something far superior. My clone is close enough for me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top